Coronavirus and gold prices

Gypsy

Re: Coronavirus and gold prices

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
I have to go to the hospital for physical therapy twice a week, I don't see them wiping down the equipment while I am there. It freaked me out a little before the Coronavirus scare and now......
@geminigirl
I think I'd be taking sanitizing wipes with me to PT maybe if they see the patient wiping things down the staff would get the hint ! -Gypsy
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
I have to go to the hospital for physical therapy twice a week, I don't see them wiping down the equipment while I am there. It freaked me out a little before the Coronavirus scare and now......
Take your own disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers and such when you go. I posted earlier about getting a "stadium" clear plastic purse to put my stuffs in because it's easier to disinfect than cloth/leather purses with embellishments. I will probably not even bring it in the house and spray it down/wipe it down in the garage. I have no shame in my game. :)
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

We have to be proactive for ourselves. The Hospital Has the most germs because thats where sick people go. Assume that every surface is infected with something. Other things besides the Corona virus also live on surfaces. The hospital janitors clean and disinfect non stop. Still not enough, since new sick patients bring more germs. Just dont touch any surface. Use disinfectants when leaving. Wash hands with soap at least 20- 30 seconds.
Can you imagine. In my previous text, I wrote that the Doctors and nurses were F I T T E D with masks. They deleted it twice. What about that word is forbidden ?
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@Vicky
F words tend to be censored. Even when referring to clothing or bolo bracelets.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
@JewelryQueen Go to the doctor! I shouldn't have to remind u that early detection is the life saver because u know this. And they may find that it has NOT come back, and will relieve your mind. Please take care of yourself because if there is no you, you can't help anybody else.
For those concerned about cost of items: the surgical masks at RX were five and change. The Curad antiviral was ten and change. The N95 I am on waitlist is 2 pack, disposable, around 40.00. The pharmacist said the regular masks would prevent u from getting it from droplets where people have sneezed/coughed.
The Surgeon General was on Judge Jenine and went thru the 3 masks people are stocking up on. He says the surgical mask is useless for corona. The other one, I call the construction guys mask is useless because of always having to adjust it. He didn't say anything good about the N95 either. Check u tube for the video. I saw it late last night.
I was surprised to hear that!! What should we use? And another point is the eyes need to be covered by airtight goggles.
And what about our ears? Or a cut?
I think anything covering the face is better than nothing. I watched it last night too. To me it makes no sense and I'm skeptical. The SG asks the public NOT to buy the N95's because it doesn't work. Also, they are hot, hard to breath in, and you might have to adjust it (like construction workers...?). Okay, noted. If I have to adjust my N95 mask, I will use a a tissue and not my bare hands. Then the Surgeon General said the N95 masks shouldn't be purchased by the public because HEALTH CARE WORKERS need them. So, they are not good enough for the pubic, don't buy them, but they ARE good enough for healthcare workers. Which is it? If they are good enough for healthcare workers - they're good enough for ME. I"m not trying to be a jerk and I'm not buying them and hoarding them either. But I do have a mom that I have to take care of, and if I get it, she will get it, so I'm using N95's.

If I have to purchase a surgical mask because there's nothing else, I will try to purchase the water resistant type like surgeons use.

I have thought about getting a shield for the eyes, but I'm going to wear sunglasses and that's all I can do. Yep, I'll look like a freak. Maybe people will be too scared to be near me with this getup on. :shock:
I say better to look weird and try to avoid the virus. For me, it wouldn't bother me as much as the person I freaked out.
I wonder if bandanas would work? I'm just not going to leave my town. We are few here and we're all well stocked. We keep watching for martial law to be called out there......in civilization. I worry for my family back home. Heck, I'm worried about all of you guys out there. 😁😁
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

To other side of tracks & jewelry queen: Thank you for replying about where to buy Hebiclens. I had no idea. Thanks to everyone for concerns & info we might not know about. 🌸 🙏🏻
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

The Surgeon General was on Judge Jenine and went thru the 3 masks people are stocking up on. He says the surgical mask is useless for corona. The other one, I call the construction guys mask is useless because of always having to adjust it. He didn't say anything good about the N95 either. Check u tube for the video. I saw it late last night.
I was surprised to hear that!! What should we use? And another point is the eyes need to be covered by airtight goggles.
And what about our ears? Or a cut?
I think anything covering the face is better than nothing. I watched it last night too. To me it makes no sense and I'm skeptical. The SG asks the public NOT to buy the N95's because it doesn't work. Also, they are hot, hard to breath in, and you might have to adjust it (like construction workers...?). Okay, noted. If I have to adjust my N95 mask, I will use a a tissue and not my bare hands. Then the Surgeon General said the N95 masks shouldn't be purchased by the public because HEALTH CARE WORKERS need them. So, they are not good enough for the pubic, don't buy them, but they ARE good enough for healthcare workers. Which is it? If they are good enough for healthcare workers - they're good enough for ME. I"m not trying to be a jerk and I'm not buying them and hoarding them either. But I do have a mom that I have to take care of, and if I get it, she will get it, so I'm using N95's.

If I have to purchase a surgical mask because there's nothing else, I will try to purchase the water resistant type like surgeons use.

I have thought about getting a shield for the eyes, but I'm going to wear sunglasses and that's all I can do. Yep, I'll look like a freak. Maybe people will be too scared to be near me with this getup on. :shock:
I say better to look weird and try to avoid the virus. For me, it wouldn't bother me as much as the person I freaked out.
I wonder if bandanas would work? I'm just not going to leave my town. We are few here and we're all well stocked. We keep watching for martial law to be called out there......in civilization. I worry for my family back home. Heck, I'm worried about all of you guys out there. 😁😁
@Hollie, Let's stay in touch as this unfolds - the power is the knowledge of many. I've thought about martial law being invoked too. If it gets bad, It's bound to happen. Gawd. I'm not leaving my house except for necessity. I pray this ends. Where, in general, are you located? You say not very many people are around? Sounds like paradise lol! I worry about you too!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
To other side of tracks & jewelry queen: Thank you for replying about where to buy Hebiclens. I had no idea. Thanks to everyone for concerns & info we might not know about. 🌸 🙏🏻
You are most welcome! We need to exchange info as it helps all of us! Let us know how you're doing!

Don't be a stranger!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Hollie

No I don't live in Kirkland, but that is where my nurse practitioner is based out of. I live in North Bend which is about 30 miles away. From my understanding of the last update they had a health care worker and a resident at long term care facility(read nursing home) test positive. They went to the hospital in Kirkland to get treated which is where the man who died contracted it. He was only about 50 but apparently had several ongoing health issues and a very compromised immune system.

If you can get the person who is sick and coughing and sneezing to wear a bandana that would help keep the virus from becoming airborne. If the sick one coughs or sneezes on you, a bandana that you are wearing will not keep the virus out. Hope I am not confusing you. The paper mask, bandana, what have you, on the sick person doesn't allow the mucus/snot to be the vehicle to transport the virus to you. Think of the virus as a hitchhiker on the wet stuff.

And yes the eyes can be another portal for the virus to enter your body--so sunglasses or regular glasses or goggles would be a barrier to keep the wet "vehicle"from carrying the virus to you and infecting you.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen I will be praying for you but I know stress can makes us feel things physically and mentally so maybe your body is reacting to stress and it is not the cancer, at least that is what I am hoping. You have much to be stressed about and your mind and body can only take so much, please try not to worry, I know it is hard not to. We are all here for you. Hugs.
6 x