Prayer List

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Prayer List

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks Thank you. You are such a good Soul.😇
I read your post and tears came to my eyes, Boston Irish. That is so sweet of you to say and I want to be a good soul. I want so much to "make the cut" with God and Jesus when my time comes. <3

I'm glad to see you again, Boston.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

If everyone here and who reads this can start praying with every spare moment for this virus to end and ask God to spare us, our country, and the world with His intervention and mercy - with total commitment in prayer - we can overcome this. Through Him we can overcome. I pray for the victims and their families and the sick who must be very scared. I thank God for our fellowship here - and maybe we are supposed to be here - in prayer for each other and others. I will be vigilant in prayer. Please, God, show us the way.

I'm praying for my mom too as she is talking to me about dying and I asked her if she was giving up and she said no. But she said that she has a feeling that death is near and that she wants me to know how much she loves me and she thanked me for taking care of her. She told me other things but I'm not ready for all this. I'm so exhausted all the time but I don't want her to go - she is all I've got. She is the only person who will ever love me, truly. You all know what I'm talking about. This is all so so hard. God, help me.

We are all in such situations in life - we are bonded in so many ways but the most important is our love and praise to Him. Let us thank each other and HIm for this friendship as it has helped me tremendously. I thank you all for your friendship.

@Gemsnob please come back. I really want to know how you and your girls are. We need your input here.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

EVERY SINGLE LAST THING SHE JUST SAID!!!!!!!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

That is good news indeed!! My friend at the CDC said he thought it would be 18 months to a minimum of a year. It's not like TV where it happens in a day or two.

Our tribe will survive! (if I have anything to say about it anyway,)
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
That is good news indeed!! My friend at the CDC said he thought it would be 18 months to a minimum of a year. It's not like TV where it happens in a day or two.

Our tribe will survive! (if I have anything to say about it anyway,)
That's OUR Mamasan!!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide,

UAB is excellent and I've always been proud of it. It's truly world-class. I did not know that UAB may have found the vaccine. I heard that everyone across the country is working 24/7 , per the Surgeon General in an interview last night. I pray for it.

I used to work at Abbott Laboratories, R&D division years ago, late 80's - early 90's (should have stayed with that company but offered more money elsewhere) and from concept, testing, FDA approval and ready for market was two years minimum and that's with 24/7 laboratory testing with the same expected results. The process was HUGE to say the least. Abbott was well-respected in the medical field (still are) and their fast turn around for new meds or medical equipment, with patents, in 2 short years is phenomenal. State of the art facility with the smartest men and women I've ever met....scientists. It was like a hospital atmosphere, sterile, lab coats - it was dynamic.

Anyway, the reason I mention Abbott Labs is that I've had it on my mind this whole time about the vaccines and how long it takes to get it right. The process is mind-blowing. I've seen the scene. I've known the lab technicians. I've watched them leave at 7AM and the new crew come in and leave at 3pm and the next crew come in. The record keeping is beyond complicated. Every second is accounted for...every second. Think about that. God forbid, something stops the process. It's like a fast moving train and get out of the way. HARD work is going on right NOW this very second and these people are true heroes. So if UAB has already made progress - it's truly miraculous. <<< God.

<3 Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. God bless.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Yes they are a teaching/training hospital, and UAB is where I attended nursing school (until I dropped out lol), but is not up there in ranking nationwide by any means. They do a lot of research, but especially with cancer. Who would have thunk it? I am proud for them if their vaccine works. My brother is a scientist, but we are like fire and ice in personality, funny how that can be, right?
Most of my family has used it at one time or another and I've thought it superior, imo. Maybe not Mayo or Cleveland, but it's got to be top 20?

Ha, family is funny - weird. We probably have something in common as far as brothers go. He lives in Birmingham, Vestavia Hills. I have a ton of family in Birmingham.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
My brother took early retirement and is 73 years old now. He also lives alone and is about an hour's drive away. I try to get out to check on him every so often because his health is not as good now. He can be a real ill tail. Half the time if I call him, I get a "I'm TRYING to watch this sports game," so I just say okay, talk to you later, but then I know he is okay. LOL I have a cousin that lives at Greystone, the rest are In Jasper and TN.
Hahaha! Of course he is busy with the sports games - every man in Alabama lives for it....and I like it too except basketball. Never got into basketball. My entire family, on both sides, loves Alabama except my brother's wife who went to Auburn.<<<the nerve. ;)

I once knew a guy named Jasper from Jasper. Know him? lol - My husband was from Tennessee and I love that State. It's gorgeous and the people are fine - my experience anyway. I thought about moving to my husband's small hometown one day - Grinder's Switch - home of Minnie Pearl! Howdie!

But I love the coast and I may stay. I'm kinda planted now. If I had a good reason - I'd move once more. Do you live in Jasper now? Do you know Anniston? That's were I was born and raised. Tornado alley.... Cheaha Mountain is my stomping grounds before it got commercialized.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
:lol: the nerve indeed! No, I moved further north to take a store for work over 20 years ago. I have been to Anniston a few times. I have 2 friends I introduced at church, and they got married, and they now reside in Anniston. I do love TN, most everything about it. BTW, I sure hope we get a lottery here. When I lived in Florida, I played every week, not much, just ten bucks or so, but it was so much fun. Some here drive to the line to get tickets. Don't see why we couldn't have the money here for our poor state, you know? And yep, this week he was watching the basketball game (yawn).
Basketball - all the squeeking snickers on the court drives me nuts.

I cannot believe we voted it down 14-15-16 years ago? We are now surrounded by every State and everyone I know goes to the line and picks up a lottery ticket. The Florida/Alabama line is 30 miles from me. I love to play! When I go, I will buy for once a week x 52 weeks in the future so I don't have to journey to get them....but the journey is fun too! I really need to win the lottery though. Yes, Alabama should vote for the lottery, fcol! And lighten up on the medicinal marijuana too! It's making it's way too. I need help with fibromyalgia.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Indeed, if I won, would go crazy LOL. I have enjoyed chatting with you OSOTT, going to have to turn in, have early appointment in the morning. Thanks for the good conversation love! Hope you have a blessed night!
I've enjoyed it as well! I'm turning in as well. I'm glad you are well-supplied and ready for this virus. I have a few more things to get. I wish you a restful sleep and a good night! May your week be blessed! <3
1 x