I’m home...

RS

I’m home...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Good morning my friends❤️❤️❤️

I haven’t looked at any other posts yet but wanted to check in.

Daughter and I went down to Stanford for the weekend to see Jordan and her dad.

Dad has been out of surgery for a few days now. He had a “leak” post-op but that has been repaired. They are actually giving him an excellent prognosis. Considering it’s pancreatic cancer that is a truly wonderful thing!

Btw...he and Jordan are at the same hospital. Separated by only one floor. Yet so far away...🥺

On to Jordan....💔

When we got there her boyfriend had also just arrived, well about 30 minutes prior. When we walked in she was asleep. Her heart rate, sleeping....was 150😳

Her med team came in to do an EKG so we were asked to leave for a time. We all went to have a bite to eat, as if..., but coffee was welcomed.

But before that we went upstairs to see dad. He was looking mighty well🥰. He is overcome with worry. Has lost a lot of weight. But all things considered he is doing well. They are certain they have removed all (or mostly all) of his cancer and telling him with about 6 months of chemo he should be completely cancer free. Good news indeed.

After that we went in to see Jordan. Mom was there as well. As soon as we walked in...(oh, btw...I had to prep daughter as to what she might see. I reminded her of when Hubby had Bell’s palsy (third time) and what his face appeared like for a while).
Daughter was ready. We walked in and Jordan perked up! You can definitely tell she has had a stroke. But according to mom and what the doctors say, she has improved greatly.
The day before she could not walk, talk at all or move her right arm and hand. And couldn’t squeeze with her left hand.
When we got there she could walk. Talk a bit but forming thoughts and sentences was difficult. She could use her left hand but still could not use her right arm or hand at all.
She will continue to improve say the doctors as she is young.
Now..,apparently, according to mom, she may be getting a new heart as soon as next week or the following week!😳
Now me. I am stammering...wanting to say “How”, “ who” “WHATTTTT! But not wanting to dampen hopes with questions I have no right to be asking I am hopeful!
WHEN she gets one (not IF) she will have to stay down there for at least four months because of the frequent post-op visits. Not in the hospital though. So she and her parents will have to get a “crash pad as we say in the airline biz”. That will be pricey in that area I am sure. And they need it furnished.
We visited twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday. We got home about 3:30 a.m. I went to sleep and haven’t been up long.
I brought a basket with one of my painted candles (no flowers were allowed so this was the best option, of course she won’t light it, a blue topaz cross necklace as blue is Jordan’s favorite color, some fuzzy socks, a SOU zip sweatshirt daughter got at the student store and some nice lotion in her favorite scent, lemon verbena.
Mom got to take a break while we were there and go see her husband and have some time to herself. Jordan was so happy to see my daughter that mom said she hadn’t been as perky since all this happened.
I may be leaving some things out but I am very tired.
We are planning to go down after daughter has her finals and she can get a couple of days off in a row from work.
Hubby held down the fort haha....fed the birdies and such. Son was here with him...in fact he is still here.

Hope all is well my friends. I know the virus is a huge worry. JQ...I know WA is hit hard! I pray for you. OR also has some and we do too, south of us but not far...I feel like it’s closing in. I will be cautious but will continue to think positive as that is very powerful. Hubby is very worried...never seen him like this. He is almost 66 and is frankly scared. I am 12 years younger and he says I’m just fine.

I’ll be around...popping in and out.

But right now...COFFEE❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
6 x

Blossom

Re: I’m home...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@RS

Thank the Lord prayers have been answered! Rest well friend!💞
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Yay....welcome home. You and your daughter cheered
up Jordan and made her mom and dad feel loved too.
Put's your mind at ease seeing them too.

No greater gift from an organ donor.
That is what I meant about it being bitter/sweet.

I have to JUST thank God and leave it at that.
honey
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

❤️🥰❤️

Ohh...and I meant to say above. I know what it is to be a caregiver. Which is why I so badly wanted to ask soooo many questions about Jordan and her dad. But..not my place.

While my son has no physical issues my husband and I are his conservators and I am his payee. And while he does live in a group home (4 minutes from here) I still have soooo much I have to attend to for him. And he does spend a lot of time here. He does take meds and I am in charge of all his medical issues. He needs counseling/therapy as well and I always attend for at least a portion of each session.
I have been doing it his entire life...he is now 26 as of Feb 7. So...been doing it a long time. Lots of testing when he was young. Stanford for fragile X, The Mind Institute in SAC for a whole battery of testing. Occupational therapy for years as he had a lot of tactile issues as well as coordination issues. Those are now all gone! Speech therapy for years (didn’t speak at all till he was 4). Now I can’t get hi to stop talking! IEP at school, One on one aid because he was mainstreamed. Always had my SELPA binder in tow whenever any school official wanted to deny something based on funding. Because of my son, schools got EXTRA FEDERAL FUNDING, they were not allowed to deny services.
So...more. But battle and battle and battle his entire life. And care and care and care. But today he is a wonderful young man. Smart as a whip. Eidetic memory, so much it’s scary. Has a job helping others. But will never be fully self sufficient. We have worked very hard to ensure he has had the best care and that when we are no longer of this earth he will continue to have the best care and have money to last him. And for daughter as well.
I’ve never posted this before, have I?
Well...so now it’s out there.
So to all you caregivers. I know who you are...you have my ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
9 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

❤️🥰❤️

Ohh...and I meant to say above. I know what it is to be a caregiver. Which is why I so badly wanted to ask soooo many questions about Jordan and her dad. But..not my place.

While my son has no physical issues my husband and I are his conservators and I am his payee. And while he does live in a group home (4 minutes from here) I still have soooo much I have to attend to for him. And he does spend a lot of time here. He does take meds and I am in charge of all his medical issues. He needs counseling/therapy as well and I always attend for at least a portion of each session.
I have been doing it his entire life...he is now 26 as of Feb 7. So...been doing it a long time. Lots of testing when he was young. Stanford for fragile X, The Mind Institute in SAC for a whole battery of testing. Occupational therapy for years as he had a lot of tactile issues as well as coordination issues. Those are now all gone! Speech therapy for years (didn’t speak at all till he was 4). Now I can’t get hi to stop talking! IEP at school, One on one aid because he was mainstreamed. Always had my SELPA binder in tow whenever any school official wanted to deny something based on funding. Because of my son, schools got EXTRA FEDERAL FUNDING, they were not allowed to deny services.
So...more. But battle and battle and battle his entire life. And care and care and care. But today he is a wonderful young man. Smart as a whip. Eidetic memory, so much it’s scary. Has a job helping others. But will never be fully self sufficient. We have worked very hard to ensure he has had the best care and that when we are no longer of this earth he will continue to have the best care and have money to last him. And for daughter as well.
I’ve never posted this before, have I?
Well...so now it’s out there.
So to all you caregivers. I know who you are...you have my ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
You are a wonderful mom & he's a fortunate young man!

Nuff said! 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@RS

I had no idea. Thank you so much for sharing. Many shoulders lighten the load--So we are all here for you as always. For some ungodly reason I always thought of you a leading an easy peaceful unstressed life. This glimpse makes you all the more human. Course I always liked ya anyhoo!!

PS Welcome back. You were sorely missed.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

RS I am so happy that Jordan and her dad are doing better, I will continue to pray for them. I did not know you also have been a care giver all these years, it is a tough job to say the least. I was care giver to my nephew when he was younger and taught him to walk when he was 6 years of age, the doctors said he would never walk so no one tried teaching him, I figured there was nothing to lose by trying and he learned how to walk he was so excited when he took those first steps on his own. We just celebrated his 40th birthday. He can not live alone he has cerebral palsy and is affected physically as well as mentally and gets seizures. He was born early and weighed only 1 1/2 lbs. He was not born with these issues but an intern at the hospital gave him the wrong blood and caused all of this, he has had numerous surgeries as a child but handled it like a trooper always happy. He is now cared for by his sister who is in her 40's. Your son sounds like he too walked the long journey to get were he is today and he sounds amazing. I know it is also very hard on them for all they have to over come as well as it is for the care giver.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
You are truly ONE OF A KIND 🤩
None stop giving of your self to others - I never hear any complaints from you.
In my field, I witnessed so many who just didn’t care to even visit their sick family member, much less a daughters friend !!
May God reward you for ALL YOU DO 🙏🏻❤️
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@RS

There is a multitude of posts here on the Corona virus but if you want a WA update check out the Missing Members thread. Oh, and they just closed another school 15 miles away from me.

If your hubby wants some Hints from Heloise things to do to be proactive on this issue check out the tail end of posts at the Corona and Gold Prices
thread.

Last I heard SF is the epicenter for California. True?
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS
I'm glad you and your daughter were able to bring some cheer to Jordan and her family. And I'm certain her mom & dad needed a little together time also.
Your son sounds like an amazing young man 🤗

Rec'd my dragons ❣ they are perfect. Glad I read your review 🥰 -Gypsy
4 x