4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

Thank the Lord prayers have been answered! Rest well friend!💞
❤️🥰❤️

Ohh...and I meant to say above. I know what it is to be a caregiver. Which is why I so badly wanted to ask soooo many questions about Jordan and her dad. But..not my place.

While my son has no physical issues my husband and I are his conservators and I am his payee. And while he does live in a group home (4 minutes from here) I still have soooo much I have to attend to for him. And he does spend a lot of time here. He does take meds and I am in charge of all his medical issues. He needs counseling/therapy as well and I always attend for at least a portion of each session.
I have been doing it his entire life...he is now 26 as of Feb 7. So...been doing it a long time. Lots of testing when he was young. Stanford for fragile X, The Mind Institute in SAC for a whole battery of testing. Occupational therapy for years as he had a lot of tactile issues as well as coordination issues. Those are now all gone! Speech therapy for years (didn’t speak at all till he was 4). Now I can’t get hi to stop talking! IEP at school, One on one aid because he was mainstreamed. Always had my SELPA binder in tow whenever any school official wanted to deny something based on funding. Because of my son, schools got EXTRA FEDERAL FUNDING, they were not allowed to deny services.
So...more. But battle and battle and battle his entire life. And care and care and care. But today he is a wonderful young man. Smart as a whip. Eidetic memory, so much it’s scary. Has a job helping others. But will never be fully self sufficient. We have worked very hard to ensure he has had the best care and that when we are no longer of this earth he will continue to have the best care and have money to last him. And for daughter as well.
I’ve never posted this before, have I?
Well...so now it’s out there.
So to all you caregivers. I know who you are...you have my ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
You are a wonderful mom & he's a fortunate young man!

Nuff said! 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
I don’t know about me. But he is certainly a wonderful man. My baby..,but now a man. ❤️
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: I’m home...

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS,

It's so good to see you post. Your visit, with your daughter, was probably the best thing to help sweet Jordan, her mom and dad, than all the nurses and doctors in the world. I bet Jordan will recover faster now because of you and daughter.

Please know I'm keeping Jordan, dad and family in my prayers. Love to you, sweet lady!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

I had no idea. Thank you so much for sharing. Many shoulders lighten the load--So we are all here for you as always. For some ungodly reason I always thought of you a leading an easy peaceful unstressed life. This glimpse makes you all the more human. Course I always liked ya anyhoo!!

PS Welcome back. You were sorely missed.
❤️❤️❤️
I HAVE been very blessed in this life. When I was pregnant I stopped working because I had severe morning sickness 24/7 (with both kids). I had planned on staying home until he started kindergarten. But once we discovered there were issues we changed plans.
With hubby’s job as a pilot and being out of town every week it was decided I would stay at home. It was especially important once he started school. At the beginning there were a lot of bumps in the road (behavior problems he had no control over and people who were not patient enough or trained or educated well enough to deal with him..at all). So I would get calls a lot having to go to the school. I would have never been able to do that with a job. Having to leave with a phone call often.
Once he was in kindergarten I started volunteering DAILY at the school. I became a fixture, eventually PTA president and chair of our largest fundraising event. It was a full time job...all of those things. No pay, but a job.
Fortunately we were luckily with hubby’s job that I didn’t have to work. When daughter came along they were at the same school then sister schools (1/2 mile apart) and I was still there...daily. I also painted all the windows for the teachers once they figured out I did that. That got out of hand though because everyone wanted it done constantly. At that time I WAS taking a bit of time (once son had a one on one aide) to do some window painting in town during the holidays. Teachers (alllll of them) wanted me to do it weekly. Then all the sets for plays, music programs, etc. I eventually learned the NO word. I made some of them mad. They’d say..,but you don’t WORK😡.
Oh yeah!???! Have you MET my son? Oh...yeah, that’s right...you HAVE!
But..blessed nonetheless. He is a blessing. (Right now he is outside with dad running some sort of power equipment). If you didn’t know my son, you would not at first know he is disabled. He has come a long long way. He graduated from H.S. with a 3.75 GPA. He worked very hard. Many disabled kids only get a certificate.
I am blessed also that hubby does spoil me. I know this. He is also constantly thanking me for all I do and have done all these years. His thanks is all I need. He disagrees.
So now things are a bit easier. Son is settled and has a good life aside from his family life. We are working on daughter. She left the house too soon, got married too young. She is an awesome student and has a great work ethic. It just seems that young people cannot get ahead like they used to. We always have to bail them out of money issues. Last week it was a $2500.00 medical bill for daughter. Hopefully once she graduates and gets her career going things will start to improve. Right now we are blessed that we have the ability to help.
When she first left home she moved to Dover, DE. I cried for weeks. Luckily it turned out to only be for one year. Then they moved to OR. ❤️🥰
I know I am rambling. My story is long and varied.
So now I can take it easier in life. Start my “Cove” like I always wanted. Sit in the spa. Take a trip. But our son will always be our responsibility and that is well with my soul ❤️

And thank you...I missed you all too❣️
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
RS,

It's so good to see you post. Your visit, with your daughter, was probably the best thing to help sweet Jordan, her mom and dad, than all the nurses and doctors in the world. I bet Jordan will recover faster now because of you and daughter.

Please know I'm keeping Jordan, dad and family in my prayers. Love to you, sweet lady!
🥰🥰🥰
Thank you my friend! I hope our visit helped. It seemed to and mom even said so.
Love you too❣️❣️❣️❣️

Hubby told me to relax today. So instead while they started getting the yards ready for spring...I made them cinnamon rolls, fruit salad and a frittata.
Love my boys!
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Maybe one day I'll be as open & share my story. Thank you for sharing yours!

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
4 x

Shop4joy

Post by Shop4joy » 4 years ago

@RS

Everything the @OSOTT said!
My thoughts and prayers are always with you!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Shop4joy wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

Everything the @OSOTT said!
My thoughts and prayers are always with you!
HEYYYYYYY Shop4joy! ❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍

Nice to see you! How are you feeling? Everything okay?
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@RS

You are Mother SUPREME. So wonderful all that you have done for your children. You most certainly deserve any pampering and all the love you surely receive. It is true that many times "we reap what we sow." Not always, but enough times to give us hope.
3 x

Shop4joy

HEY RS!
Nice to see you too!
Today is a bit better...Still a bit uncomfortable.
Happy to be home!! :) :)
I know, you're tired. SO, I'll will let you go. Get some rest.
Welcome back <3 <3
4 x

Shop4joy

@RS
My second career, was working with children like your son.
I saw many of them walk down the aisle. And others, taking different paths: are living their best lives.
God bless you!
3 x