Not sure if

Gem Lover

Not sure if

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have not been on much so I am not sure if this was mentioned but I am nervous about even ordering jewelry at this point not knowing who is packing it or working in the warehouse, what if they are infected and not know it right away and then cough or sneeze on our orders. Am In being paranoid?
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Not sure if

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

wow, thanks for bringing this up. For that reason, I'm out. No, I personally don't think you or I are paranoid. It's called curb your enthusiasm for awhile and control your environment as best as you can. I know others will say otherwise - don't live in fear. Okay, that's good for you - but not for me. I'm not taking a chance over a piece of jewelry.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@osott
@Gem lover

I have latex gloves, scissors and disinfectant near my entrance.
I handle all deliveries, wearing gloves. I Disinfect the outside of the pkg, then the contents. The paperwork would get ruined if it got wet, so I leave it in the pkg Where it will be for 10 days.( the virus lives on objects 7-9 days) the info on the paper is in my app anyway.
It all takes a couple minutes.
This is a Virulent SNAKE. A couple minutes of taking caution is nothing, compared to preventing disease or WORSE 💀
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

As long as it takes to get orders from SLC I wouldn’t be overly concerned. The longest the virus will last on surfaces or objects is 9 days max. It always takes me at least that long to get my orders.
On that point however, what about all mail? Not all of it takes long and it is handled by many many people at the post office and delivery person.
What about the person who stocks items at the grocery store? Or any store?
There are so many things to consider. But we still have to function.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Believe me I've thought about all of that and my pantry is stocked and I have water to last at least a month if it gets that bad. I'm treating this just like preparing for a hurricane and expecting businesses and services being down. I know the routine on getting prepared to be in place for awhile. I think money, mail, and deliveries is what you have to be uber careful with and disinfect. But I won't place orders because it's not that important to me vs. a risk of not getting all of the virus off the package. I don't see how that is a hardship. It won't be forever but this thing is not in control and we don't have enough info. I'm my mom's caregiver and I'm not going to do anything to risk her. I won't be buying on ebay either.

I will be sanitizing my fruits and vegetables in Star sans and dipping cans in them. I make my own bread. It won't be forever - but right now...naw.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

I also food save fruits, vegetables, cheese, meals. I cook large portions and food save them for the freezer. So I'm prepared for a good long while. THEN, lol, I have meals, like MRE's too. I've had these for a year and they are good for 25 years.

If the worst happens and marshall law is invoked... oh lawd. I'm not trying to panic but I'm not going to be unprepared.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Believe me I've thought about all of that and my pantry is stocked and I have water to last at least a month if it gets that bad. I'm treating this just like preparing for a hurricane and expecting businesses and services being down. I know the routine on getting prepared to be in place for awhile. I think money, mail, and deliveries is what you have to be uber careful with and disinfect. But I won't place orders because it's not that important to me vs. a risk of not getting all of the virus off the package. I don't see how that is a hardship. It won't be forever but this thing is not in control and we don't have enough info. I'm my mom's caregiver and I'm not going to do anything to risk her. I won't be buying on ebay either.

I will be sanitizing my fruits and vegetables in Star sans and dipping cans in them. I make my own bread. It won't be forever - but right now...naw.
Seems reasonable. I hope it won’t be forever...it’s just beginning.🥺
Take care of mom and you❤️

I have decided that any doctor visits will wait unless someone is sick. Our son is supposed to have his yearly physical for special olympics (he’s their star basketball player). But I am not taking any risks just for a physical.
His house manager said...well he needs to have one per our (group home) regulations by April. I said, frankly Leslie...you’re gonna have to wait until I DEEM it’s safe to take him, to expose him and myself.
As his conservator what I say goes...not their arbitrary date rule.
Ugh.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Yesss, you go! I love a powerful woman with brains and not intimidated by others. My sister is a teacher and she intimidates and it turns my stomach . She will discuss how she laid down the law to a parent, very proud, and I'm horrified. I can't say anything because it's not my business....but I've often thought - if you were my child's teacher - you and I would go round and round. lol

So it's common sense decisions to protect your loved ones. I've heard Olympians are skipping Tokoyo now. I can't blame them. It's not normal right now.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Yesss, you go! I love a powerful woman with brains and not intimidated by others. My sister is a teacher and she intimidates and it turns my stomach . She will discuss how she laid down the law to a parent, very proud, and I'm horrified. I can't say anything because it's not my business....but I've often thought - if you were my child's teacher - you and I would go round and round. lol

So it's common sense decisions to protect your loved ones. I've heard Olympians are skipping Tokoyo now. I can't blame them. It's not normal right now.
Ty❤️❤️❤️

Go round and round...seems I’ve been doing that for so many years.
I heard that about the Olympics. What’s next I wonder? Disneyland? We were going to go in the next month or two. Not now..sigh...
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
@osott
@Gem lover

I wasn’t only talking about pkg’s from Shoplc. Amazon pkg’s come next day. Lately, even Slc comes in less then 1 week.
Any delivery gets disinfected. Might be overkill. Better safe then sorry🤢
I just heard where they are thinking of playing some basketball games without any fans in the stands.
I think if they do that, its a very smart move. Any large gathering is asking for spreading of the virus.
I cancelled my chihuahuas favorite treats because its made in china. Yes, it takes a couple weeks to get here from China, but who knows if dead snake carcass wasnt used in the ingredients 🤧??
2 x