Grandidierite

Gem Lover

Grandidierite

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The very high prices that grandidierite sells for is not the quality that is sold on the shopping networks, the material that they get top dollar for is transparent , not translucent or opaque. Again I hate when they compare the expensive ones they show to the ones being sold, it is misleading to those who do not know. If you look on the GIA website you will see how it should look when it is fine quality.
7 x

RS

Re: Grandidierite

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Yes! They had ONE and only ONE of that ring that was a heart shaped transparent ring. I saw as they presented it and drooled. It was gorgeous. It was something over $20,000.

And have you noticed lately?...all or most of the other Grandidierite on the site is on sale or clearance. Maybe because it’s not selling or maybe because they are working on switching everything over to gold and platinum.
4 x

Gem Lover

RS I saw that one too, it was really nice. I have a 3 ct the same color as the TLV and I have a lighter color 6ct. and I paid much less then the TLV one. They do not have diamonds but I was buying them for the grandidierite. Mine are not like the heart shape one they do not have as good clarity as that one had. The ones like the heart one are very rare.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
RS I saw that one too, it was really nice. I have a 3 ct the same color as the TLV and I have a lighter color 6ct. and I paid much less then the TLV one. They do not have diamonds but I was buying them for the grandidierite. Mine are not like the heart shape one they do not have as good clarity as that one had. The ones like the heart one are very rare.
You got a great deal then! I just dropped over $2,000 the other night on a tanzanite ring so I won’t be biting on this one. I will however see what they are offering on clearance!
2 x

Gem Lover

I like the clearance shows you can get some good deals. Did you get your tanzanite yet? If so how does it look? One lady was disappointed in the one she got. I purchased some that was very light that went back but I did get a couple that I was pleased with.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I have three pieces, a pendant and earrings made in Sterling Silver of this rare gem. Also they were fascinating about Taffeite another rare gem on a ring. The gem was set in platinum.The only one they have. If they put grandidierite in gold or platinum. Forget it. It would be not affordable at all.

It seems they will be in competitions not with JTV but with the M jewelry store who sells gems for the rich or celebrities at some malls. They will enter the retail world. The only positive think it's that thanks to them, I learnt about many gemstones.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I like the clearance shows you can get some good deals. Did you get your tanzanite yet? If so how does it look? One lady was disappointed in the one she got. I purchased some that was very light that went back but I did get a couple that I was pleased with.
Mine comes tomorrow, UPS 2 day and I have to be here to sign for it. DH ordered it and asked me not to open it 😩. He wants to give it to me but he knows I can’t wait. I am expecting a great ring since it’s supposed to be AAAA. 🤞🏼

I remember that other post. But she was going to throw it away. I don’t know what she bought but it could not have been much if it was going in the trash. I can’t imagine anyway.
0 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Anyone else think that most of the grandidierite that is shown looks like sea foam colored beach glass? Not criticizing, just my opinion.
4 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Anyone else think that most of the grandidierite that is shown looks like sea foam colored beach glass? Not criticizing, just my opinion.
Yes!!!! Got a nice light colored one and sent it straight back. Was so not the color that was shown?!! I already have a real nice blue/ green one from elsewhere that I love so.....
0 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Good Morning,

We deeply apologize you feel that way. We will make sure your feedback is passed along to our dedicated Voice of the Customer team so it can be addressed with the right people. Thank you for your post and being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x