FYI Coronavirus Info

Gemsnob

Re: FYI Coronavirus Info

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gonna vent here so you may want to close your ears! I have been calling the lab that I was referred to-- at least 4 times a day for the last 4 days and still can't get an appointment!!!!! Appointment h*ll! I can't even get a live human being. I feel like starting a building a huge bonfire and sending up smoke signals. Probably work just as good. I consider myself a patient person but this is getting on my last nerve.

The Governor of Washington had an hour long emergency State of the State address this morning and basically said squat.

PPS On another note Sissy is doing better. The infection in her foot has subsided and the nurse told her on the phone she can quit wearing the boot all the time and just use an ace bandage. She sounds much perkier. The road to her house is closed for 4 days due to a landslide so I doubt I can visit her this weekend and play Step-n-Fetch It for her so it is good she is more mobile.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers

JQ and Sissy
I would be upset too! It's not like everyone's health problems pause because there's a new virus going around. I wonder if they were getting a ton of calls when this began so they just quit answering? Or the employees said "the heck with it" and when on strike. Maybe they don't want to do any processing of the coronavirus tests.
I'm happy to hear Sissy's foot is healing. That can be bad. I used to have to take care of my grandma's feet and lower legs. She had uncontrolled diabetes. 💓
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@honey

Apparently you can still get in to see a doctor and get checked into a hospital. It is the off site labs that are swamped, so if it is not an EMERGENCY lab work it ain't a gonna happen. We just did receive 1,000 lab kits for the virus in this state, but what about the three days before that?

I would like to see my sis... God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever--Psalm 73:26

@Gypsy

"When it rains it pours..landslide." Even if you're not being punny-- you crack me up. I needed a chuckle. Thanks.

@Gemsnob

Sissy is uber careful with her feet because of her diabetes but somehow this got out of hand quick. It was almost purple. The next stage is black and we all know that is not good. Pretty much back to pink now. Because of her RA it is hard for her to get to her feet so I usually help her with her foot care.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JQ...

Looks like I need to go up there and STAND ON SOME DESKS😡

I’m sorry. I know how maddening that kind of “treatment”...or lack thereof can be.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Thanks RS. Start heading this way to stand on some desks. Pick me up while you are at it. I am ready...so ready for my spa session!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks RS. Start heading this way to stand on some desks. Pick me up while you are at it. I am ready...so ready for my spa session!
💞👍🏼💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

Why didn't I think of that? Thank you for the advice. I will give it a try tomorrow. I will try about anything at this point.
4 x