FYI Coronavirus Info

JewelryQueen

Re: FYI Coronavirus Info

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I don't know about where you live but Sissy just got the last package of toilet paper at our Big Lots. They've been out of sanitizer here for days.
4 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Derby I just saw those statistics. Wonder why our death rate per cases is so much higher than most?
Death rate per cases in China is 3.7% (total cases 80,430, deaths 3,013), in USA is 7% (total cases 159, deaths 11) and in Philippines 33% (total cases 3, deaths 1). If we would have a country with 1 case of coronavirus and this one case dies, it will be 100% death rate per case in this country. But what about population of the country? We should take it under consideration as well. So, in my opinion, death rate per case means something (how we can prevent and catch "a danger" before it becomes a real problem), but it doesn't mean how deadly a virus is. This coronovirus doesn't seem to be more deadly in comparison to a ordinary flu. Be cautious but don't panic.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I don't know about where you live but Sissy just got the last package of toilet paper at our Big Lots. They've been out of sanitizer here for days.
Looks like you need to check your area store. I just checked my closest one and they have in stock 47 different hand sanitizers and soaps. Full stock on tp too.

Being where you live, I can see how everything is out of stock. :shock:
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Looks like you need to check your area store. I just checked my closest one and they have in stock 47 different hand sanitizers and soaps. Full stock on tp too.

Being where you live, I can see how everything is out of stock. :shock:
I'm off to the grocery in a few hours. I guess I'll grab couple things of hand sanitizer (not expecting empty shelves as I don't live in affected state...yet). I am in the habit of using it anyway & am getting low. I might freak out if there isn't any available.

@JewelryQueen

You are in my heart & prayers. I can't imagine what you, Sissy & everyone around you are going through.

I hope you get your appointment sooner. I know you & Sissy are & will continue to be as safe as possible & Lord willing, everything will be ok.

Please check in often with updates. If you go AWOL...well we're all gonna freak. ((HUGS))
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

We have some built up immunity to the flu. This is a NEW virus from a SNAKE. WE have ZERO immunity against it. I just heard a report the Iran has 10% of its advisors with this virus. Israel has 6000 people under quarantine.
Plus the stats for this virus are really alot higher. With the flu, its diagnosed by sxs. With this Corona virus, alot of people feel its a cold and never see a DR. So I feel that the numbers of infected are alot higher. 😖☹️
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
We have some built up immunity to the flu. This is a NEW virus from a SNAKE. WE have ZERO immunity against it. I just heard a report the Iran has 10% of its advisors with this virus. Israel has 6000 people under quarantine.
Plus the stats for this virus are really alot higher. With the flu, its diagnosed by sxs. With this Corona virus, alot of people feel its a cold and never see a DR. So I feel that the numbers of infected are alot higher. 😖☹️
What does it mean the flu is diagnosed by sxs?
1 x

JewelryQueen

Diagnosed by sxs means it is usually diagnosed by the symptoms. (Sorry to butt in but I couldn't resist)
3 x

JewelryQueen

Gonna vent here so you may want to close your ears! I have been calling the lab that I was referred to-- at least 4 times a day for the last 4 days and still can't get an appointment!!!!! Appointment h*ll! I can't even get a live human being. I feel like starting a building a huge bonfire and sending up smoke signals. Probably work just as good. I consider myself a patient person but this is getting on my last nerve.

The Governor of Washington had an hour long emergency State of the State address this morning and basically said squat.

PPS On another note Sissy is doing better. The infection in her foot has subsided and the nurse told her on the phone she can quit wearing the boot all the time and just use an ace bandage. She sounds much perkier. The road to her house is closed for 4 days due to a landslide so I doubt I can visit her this weekend and play Step-n-Fetch It for her so it is good she is more mobile.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers

JQ and Sissy
7 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I don't know what else you could do to get an appointment.
Is anybody getting medical attention? birthing babies, out
patient procedures, auto accidents? how 'bout stubbed toe?

I am glad that you are taking the landslide to Sissy's, in stride.
Hopefully it will only take the four days to clear, maybe God
will help them move that mountain sooner.... :) ....and at
least you won't feel cut off from each other.

honey,
my joy in the Lord is my strength
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gonna vent here so you may want to close your ears! I have been calling the lab that I was referred to-- at least 4 times a day for the last 4 days and still can't get an appointment!!!!! Appointment h*ll! I can't even get a live human being. I feel like starting a building a huge bonfire and sending up smoke signals. Probably work just as good. I consider myself a patient person but this is getting on my last nerve.

The Governor of Washington had an hour long emergency State of the State address this morning and basically said squat.

PPS On another note Sissy is doing better. The infection in her foot has subsided and the nurse told her on the phone she can quit wearing the boot all the time and just use an ace bandage. She sounds much perkier. The road to her house is closed for 4 days due to a landslide so I doubt I can visit her this weekend and play Step-n-Fetch It for her so it is good she is more mobile.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers

JQ and Sissy
@JewelryQueen
I am so sorry this is happening 🥺 I dont even have any words of wisdom or advice . You already know and are doing all you can. Happy that Sissy is doing better🥰 But now a landslide 😳 Geeze when it rains it pours. Stay strong -Gypsy 💕
4 x