FYI Coronavirus Info

RS

Re: FYI Coronavirus Info

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I have been out the last couple of days to pick up supplies and every store I went to had bare shelves and no one has any hand sanitzer at all. I went on Amazon and the ones who have any are asking crazy prices for it and than another $30 to ship it, insane and greedy. I called my local pharmacy to ask when they will have some more and they said they got some in yesterday and it was gone in 2 hours. I always keep hand sanitizer in my purse to I can use it when I get out of the store until I can wash my hands. I think I will just try to find some rubber gloves and wear them when I am out.
If you have time and just want to, you can call other businesses in area to see if they have it, if you decide you just want it. Our Walmart here has it running out the ears everywhere you look, but displays are being bought as soon as they put it out, so I can't help but think someone in your town has some? Some businesses to call and check: Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Fred's, Family Dollar, all grocery stores, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, all drugstores, Lowe's, Home Dept, okay, and who else?
Bath and body works. I get mine there. Got some more yesterday. They had a lot because I think people don’t think to look there.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Bed Bath and Beyond too.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
yeah, and possibly Ruby Tuesdays? Not sure.
Isn’t that a restaurant?
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Lychee and Dog Meat Festival in Yulin China - a 10 day festival - they estimate the Chinese slaughters up to 40,000 dogs and cats. It's brutal too. If you can stomach it - there are youtube videos. I accidentally came across one when I was looking for information to donate to Lisa Vanderpump's , Vanderpump Dog Foundation, that is trying to end the festival - and it wrecked me for days.
No, I'll take your word for it, don't wanna see it :cry:

I've only eaten Chinese food a few times. Not gonna anymore.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...my long day and tiredness is showing! I meant Tuesday Mornings, I think, is a new store here.

Hey, and maybe even Hobby Lobby!
We’ve had a Tuesday Mornings here for years. That’s the little spot where I find Polish stoneware!

But hahaaaaa🤣🤣I’m tired too, surprised I caught that.
5 x

Blossom

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I have been out the last couple of days to pick up supplies and every store I went to had bare shelves and no one has any hand sanitzer at all. I went on Amazon and the ones who have any are asking crazy prices for it and than another $30 to ship it, insane and greedy. I called my local pharmacy to ask when they will have some more and they said they got some in yesterday and it was gone in 2 hours. I always keep hand sanitizer in my purse to I can use it when I get out of the store until I can wash my hands. I think I will just try to find some rubber gloves and wear them when I am out.
I was muti tasking earlier & kinda listening to news & thought I heard them say hand sanitizer was selling for $350. I thought I didn't hear that right but they didn't repeat it-just showed people using or looking for it. Then said it & wipes have expiration dates so people shouldn't hoard as it's effectiveness decreases. Also added...just use soap & water! I thought, OK, just as soon as I get plumbing in my vehicle!
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

We have a very large Asian population here in the Seattle area and they quit eating cat and dog quite a while ago (at least that is what I am told). * They do however love horse meat and consider it quite a delicacy as the meat is lean. When my husband and I used to fish salmon they wanted all our whole fish heads. One of them brought me a bowl of fish head soup. Couldn't eat it as I won't eat anything that is looking back at me.

+ About 40 years ago when the majority of the Asian immigrants were first generation there was quite a rash of missing pets.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
We have a very large Asian population here in the Seattle area and they quit eating cat and dog quite a while ago (at least that is what I am told). * They do however love horse meat and consider it quite a delicacy as the meat is lean. When my husband and I used to fish salmon they wanted all our whole fish heads. One of them brought me a bowl of fish head soup. Couldn't eat it as I won't eat anything that is looking back at me.

+ About 40 years ago when the majority of the Asian immigrants were first generation there was quite a rash of missing pets.
If it's looking at me..no I don't want to eat it either. Same missing pet stories here when we had a Chinese restaurant. Always hoped it wasn't true. Restaurant no longer here & I'm glad.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

If it's looking at me..no I don't want to eat it either. Same missing pet stories here when we had a Chinese restaurant. Always hoped it wasn't true. Restaurant no longer here & I'm glad.
Oh gawd! Fish heads! harf! My first husband and I used to fish a lot - and a local chinese restaurant that delivered to us got wind of us fishing and said that they would give us food in exchange for fish - any kind of fish it didn't matter. So that worked out well for us for a long time lol! It was a great arrangement! Oh and we didn't clean the fish either.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Big Lots may have it too.
3 x