FYI Coronavirus Info

OtherSideOfTheTracks

FYI Coronavirus Info

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

$8.3 billion in Emergency aid was passed to deal with the Coronavirus which is good news. More good news is it authorizes $500 million to allow Medicare providers to administer "tele-health services" so elderly patients can receive care at home.

All restrictions on testing has been lifted so now a doctor can order a coronavirus test for anyone with symptoms like fever, cough or difficulty breathing. A million tests will be available this week.

California confirms first cononavirus death. :(

Here is a link to CDC that gives great info. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
6 x

RS

Re: FYI Coronavirus Info

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
$8.3 billion in Emergency aid was passed to deal with the Coronavirus which is good news. More good news is it authorizes $500 million to allow Medicare providers to administer "tele-health services" so elderly patients can now receive care at home.

Just fyi.
The aid is great.

Ohh nooo...🥺😢

Was this the one from Vacaville, sent to UC Davis?
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

4 years ago
$8.3 billion in Emergency aid was passed to deal with the Coronavirus which is good news. More good news is it authorizes $500 million to allow Medicare providers to administer "tele-health services" so elderly patients can now receive care at home.

All restrictions on testing has been lifted so now a doctor can order a coronavirus test for anyone with symptoms like fever, cough or difficulty breathing. A million tests will be available this week.

Just fyi.
Thank you for the information
The aid money and lifting of restrictions is GREAT

🥺🥺🥺
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

This person was exposed during international travel from Feb. 11-21 on a Princess cruise ship that departed San Francisco to Mexico and died at Kaiser Permanente Roseville. <<<< I don't know where Roseville is.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
This person was exposed during international travel from Feb. 11-21 on a Princess cruise ship that departed San Francisco to Mexico and died at Kaiser Permanente Roseville. <<<< I don't know where Roseville is.
Roseville is near Sacramento. About 15 miles from SAC.
SAC is about 2 1/2 hours south of me.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
And Vacaville is close to Sacramento?
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
And Vacaville is close to Sacramento?
Yes, about 30 minute away.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Thanks, I could have asked Alexas but typed the question to fast.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I read China is banning funerals for those that die from Coronavirus. They must be cremated. They are trying to avoid large gatherings and of course cremation would kill the virus, at least we hope. I'm interested in seeing what happens here. It's likely thousands have had the virus but weren't sick enough to be concerned. That's how they will build some immunity.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

The symptoms for a healthy person seem to mimic a cold more than the flu. I don't go to the doctor for either. I'm sure that's been the case for quite some time.
5 x