2002 Nile Virus
2004 Sars Virus
2005 Bird Flu
2009 Swine Flu
2014 Ebola Virus
2016 Zika Virus
and NOW we have in
2020 Corona Virus

I do not know about the rest of you but I did not contract the Nile, Sars, Bird, Swine or any of the previous virus's so I am not going to worry about the Corona Virus. Especially, when more people in the US (18,000) died from the regular old FLU this past season than all of the virus's I listed combined.
So just be careful and do what you do to prevent getting the regular old flu. JMO
6 x

Gemsnob

Re: Virus

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Hi All,
The following outbreaks.
2002 Nile Virus
2004 Sars Virus
2005 Bird Flu
2009 Swine Flu
2014 Ebola Virus
2016 Zika Virus
and NOW we have in
2020 Corona Virus

I do not know about the rest of you but I did not contract the Nile, Sars, Bird, Swine or any of the previous virus's so I am not going to worry about the Corona Virus. Especially, when more people in the US (18,000) died from the regular old FLU this past season than all of the virus's I listed combined.
So just be careful and do what you do to prevent getting the regular old flu. JMO
I agree with you but my Mother in law contracted West Nile and was never the same. It happens. I do believe they are trying to scare people, more now than ever before. I wonder who is benefiting from this?
4 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Hi All,
The following outbreaks.
2002 Nile Virus
2004 Sars Virus
2005 Bird Flu
2009 Swine Flu
2014 Ebola Virus
2016 Zika Virus
and NOW we have in
2020 Corona Virus

I agree with you but my Mother in law contracted West Nile and was never the same. It happens. I do believe they are trying to scare people, more now than ever before. I wonder who is benefiting from this?
Well, I could say this is an election year. But we are not allow to do that on the forum. Now for the rant.....

I AM STILL GOING ON MY CRUISE THAT LEAVES ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!! ANDDDDDD I AM GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME TIME WITH MY SISTER!!!!
6 x

Gemsnob

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Hi All,
The following outbreaks.
2002 Nile Virus
2004 Sars Virus
2005 Bird Flu
2009 Swine Flu
2014 Ebola Virus
2016 Zika Virus
and NOW we have in
2020 Corona Virus

Well, I could say this is an election year. But we are not allow to do that on the forum. Now for the rant.....

I AM STILL GOING ON MY CRUISE THAT LEAVES ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!! ANDDDDDD I AM GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME TIME WITH MY SISTER!!!!
Have fun! I hope it's a wonderful time and that we hear all about it when you get back!
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Hi All,
The following outbreaks.
2002 Nile Virus
2004 Sars Virus
2005 Bird Flu
2009 Swine Flu
2014 Ebola Virus
2016 Zika Virus
and NOW we have in
2020 Corona Virus

I'm actually very jealous, I've always wanted to go on a cruise . My late husband didnt like big ships and I'm terrified to fly 😳 if we couldn't get there by car we didn't go 🤗
Hubby was caught on cargo transport ship during Typhoon while in Army. Said he was never getting on ship.again if he could avoid it ! -Gypsy
4 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I'm actually very jealous, I've always wanted to go on a cruise . My late husband didnt like big ships and I'm terrified to fly 😳 if we couldn't get there by car we didn't go 🤗
Hubby was caught on cargo transport ship during Typhoon while in Army. Said he was never getting on ship.again if he could avoid it ! -Gypsy
I'm not a fan of flying really except it gets you there faster. I've never taken a cruise either. I'm not sure how I would do. I think they are like small cities so maybe I wouldn't feel trapped on the ocean. Maybe it would still feel like land?
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago

I'm not a fan of flying really except it gets you there faster. I've never taken a cruise either. I'm not sure how I would do. I think they are like small cities so maybe I wouldn't feel trapped on the ocean. Maybe it would still feel like land?
I have no idea ❗❗with a ship that big surely you dont notice the movement as much as a smaller boat
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

My best friend's father got swine flu and almost died. He battled it and the effects for over a year. He finally won the battle but it knocked him on this butt.

I don't like crowds and never have so a cruise is not appealing to me, especially right now. But I do hope you have a wonderful time with your sister!

Give us the details when you return!
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I have no idea ❗❗with a ship that big surely you dont notice the movement as much as a smaller boat
My cousin was caught in a typhoon on a carrier and he said the same thing that he never wanted to go through that again! I thought a carrier would not be so bad - but he said it tossed around like a cork.
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I also have never taken a cruise but many years ago (don't remember where) I was able to tour a cruise ship that had docked. It was humongous. What sticks in my mind most was how tiny the cabins were. Guess all major fun & activity happens everywhere else. That was so long ago, the ships now may have larger cabins.
6 x