Sunshine and roses...

Blossom

Re: Sunshine and roses...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

luvs2shop wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Good Morning to all!!!! Rolltide? I think we may be close to one another- We too are Bama fans and live about 30 min favorite team AND coach!
Anyway- we thought about going to Lowes and buy enough wood to start building another ark (haha). Looks like the weather is going to start clearing soon. Thankful for whatever our Father gives us! Have a wonderful day
Good morning luvs2shop! Hope the sun will shine on you today!πŸ’ž
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Sam wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Actually, here in California, we'll take your rain, please. Thank you very much. I miss the sound and that fresh 'after the rain' smell. Had a few sprinkles last week but it's been months for actual rain. Maybe we'll have a miracle March. Fingers crossed. Or, we should implement my idea of huge canals, crisscrossing the U.S., taking flood water from ravaged areas, and channeling it to dry ones. Could even use the Grand Canyon as a big old holding tank. Can you imagine? Traveling by water ways to see different States, or to get to work, even. Imagine the jobs we could create, the food we could supply, or dressing up in old timey clothes, with parasols, riding the paddle boat cruises. Ah do declare!
That makes too much sense!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
Actually, here in California, we'll take your rain, please. Thank you very much. I miss the sound and that fresh 'after the rain' smell. Had a few sprinkles last week but it's been months for actual rain. Maybe we'll have a miracle March. Fingers crossed. Or, we should implement my idea of huge canals, crisscrossing the U.S., taking flood water from ravaged areas, and channeling it to dry ones. Could even use the Grand Canyon as a big old holding tank. Can you imagine? Traveling by water ways to see different States, or to get to work, even. Imagine the jobs we could create, the food we could supply, or dressing up in old timey clothes, with parasols, riding the paddle boat cruises. Ah do declare!
Speaking of creating jobs using waterways, we have mail delivery in my home town by a mail carrier using a skiff to deliver mail on our Magnolia River. I live on Magnolia River directly but am not on the mail route.... yet. So postal jobs! :D https://www.thisisalabama.org/2019/09/1 ... in-county/
Well now that's a definitely cool way to get mail. Sounds like you live in a beautiful area!
It is very pretty here and even though I plan to sell my house, I must stay in the area. The community is a close one too. When the awful BP spill happened, our town immediately pulled our resources and bought booms and took other measures to protect our river and Weeks Bay with our own community money and labor WEEKS before anything remarkable happened by our government/BP. We also love our Live Oaks! My house is located on the river where some people would consider it as a "good-sized creek" - On good days, the water is so clear you see large and small fish plain as day. I used to feed them. But the downside is that when we have record rains, we have the potential of flooding. <<< not good.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago

Speaking of creating jobs using waterways, we have mail delivery in my home town by a mail carrier using a skiff to deliver mail on our Magnolia River. I live on Magnolia River directly but am not on the mail route.... yet. So postal jobs! :D https://www.thisisalabama.org/2019/09/1 ... in-county/
Well now that's a definitely cool way to get mail. Sounds like you live in a beautiful area!
It is very pretty here and even though I plan to sell my house, I must stay in the area. The community is a close one too. When the awful BP spill happened, our town immediately pulled our resources and bought booms and took other measures to protect our river and Weeks Bay with our own community money and labor WEEKS before anything remarkable happened by our government/BP. We also love our Live Oaks! My house is located on the river where some people would consider it as a "good-sized creek" - On good days, the water is so clear you see large and small fish plain as day. I used to feed them. But the downside is that when we have record rains, we have the potential of flooding. <<< not good.
The infamous double edged sword.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

4 years ago
I'm in CA, too. I LOVE rain. Not the dangers that can come with it of course, but I never get tired of rain. I love cooler weather.

I hate summer!
πŸ₯΅
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Catticus

Good.Morning ❗❗❗❗
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@Catticus

Good.Morning ❗❗❗❗
@Gypsy

Good Morning! πŸ˜ƒ

It's almost 12:30am here. Perry Mason is about to end and then it's Twilight Zone, then two Alfred Hitchcock Presents, then Mannix, then Cannon, then Barnaby Jones! Such excitement! I don't know HOW I'll contain myself!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

Not "morning" yet, here. But close enough! 😊

The paper arrives at around 4:00 to 4:30am, sometimes 5:00 or 5:30am.

I have to go out and get it or my father will after I've "crashed" because he does not like to ask for help.

I took the trash cans out yesterday in the evening when it was darkening because I didn't want anyone to be able to really see me!
🀣

Hair in a mess piled on top of my head in a scraggly mop held by a huge lobster claw clippy, long "pajama top" and leggings!

What a sight! Scared myself!
😱

It's a long rocky gravel drive. He can't do it with a cane. I heard a crash about 30 minutes ago, had to hurry to see what happened in their room. My mom, knocking her lamp a bit because she reaches for her water and misses!

Glad it wasn't the Hummingbird lamp that arrived broken TWICE because its glass is too thin and shatters.

That one would have gone near the bathroom door, where she could not knock it, but I won't get another because it's not safe.

I read you guys discussing your coffee and it makes me want coffee frozen yogurt or coffee ice cream! I don't drink hot drinks, but love the taste and smell of coffee!

I wish I could have Mocha Coffee Frappacinos all day and night long!

πŸŒΏπŸ¦‹πŸ’žπŸ¨πŸŒΈπŸ˜‹πŸŒΈπŸ¨πŸ’žπŸ¦‹πŸŒΏ
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@Catticus

Good.Morning ❗❗❗❗
@Gypsy

Good Morning! πŸ˜ƒ

It's almost 12:30am here. Perry Mason is about to end and then it's Twilight Zone, then two Alfred Hitchcock Presents, then Mannix, then Cannon, then Barnaby Jones! Such excitement! I don't know HOW I'll contain myself!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

Not "morning" yet, here. But close enough! 😊

The paper arrives at around 4:00 to 4:30am, sometimes 5:00 or 5:30am.

I have to go out and get it or my father will after I've "crashed" because he does not like to ask for help.

I took the trash cans out yesterday in the evening when it was darkening because I didn't want anyone to be able to really see me!
🀣

Hair in a mess piled on top of my head in a scraggly mop held by a huge lobster claw clippy, long "pajama top" and leggings!

What a sight! Scared myself!
😱

It's a long rocky gravel drive. He can't do it with a cane. I heard a crash about 30 minutes ago, had to hurry to see what happened in their room. My mom, knocking her lamp a bit because she reaches for her water and misses!

Glad it wasn't the Hummingbird lamp that arrived broken TWICE because its glass is too thin and shatters.

That one would have gone near the bathroom door, where she could not knock it, but I won't get another because it's not safe.

I read you guys discussing your coffee and it makes me want coffee frozen yogurt or coffee ice cream! I don't drink hot drinks, but love the taste and smell of coffee!

I wish I could have Mocha Coffee Frappacinos all day and night long!

πŸŒΏπŸ¦‹πŸ’žπŸ¨πŸŒΈπŸ˜‹πŸŒΈπŸ¨πŸ’žπŸ¦‹πŸŒΏ
Catticus- I was super happy to see you this morning
Been thinking about you and your parents. I keep praying & hoping for you to all have better days

I LOVE MY COFFEE and actually coffee frozen yogurt or icecream sounds really good β—πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Lesley Gore.. OMG, I swear, all day yesterday that song was stuck in my head. I could not.
( hard as I tried ) think of who sang that. So, this morning I had to look it up. That was my solving my world's problem for yesterday....... thanks for the earworm. :lol:
:roll:
4 x