Clearance!

RS

Re: Do you wonder?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I don’t think it’s that. I think they are going to start selling mostly, if not all, higher end pieces. No more lifestyle unless perhaps high end, designer. But they don’t have the buying power or name or huge customer base to attract high end designers, And gold and platinum jewelry. Silver will be their low end.

In other words , they are going to stick to what they know best, jewelry...but higher end.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Clearance sales are typically used to help clear out inventory to make way for new products - both jewelry and home goods. With the holidays right around the corner, we need to make room for new products.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Clearance sales are typically used to help clear out inventory to make way for new products - both jewelry and home goods. With the holidays right around the corner, we need to make room for new products.
If that’s it, then YAY!

But I just also noticed that many many items that were on clearance yesterday are not today. Not normally how clearance works now, is it?
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

RS: Put this topic into the Clearance Section to avoid locking.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Why 95% of the clearance offerings are costume jewelry and household items. I think they are phasing all of that out.

I think I heard Shawn say this morning that they would no longer be selling lamps.
To be honest, that is the first thing I thought. Hopefully they will still carry a wide range of jewelry to fit every budget, but they are definitely going in a different direction. Shopping here is my guilty pleasure, but if they are only going after big ticket stuff, count me out. On Fridays you could get some nice sterling things, now it is mostly gold or silvertone or stainless steel. I do like stainless steel better than the tone metals though.Times are a changing. :o
5 x

Gem Lover

Re: Clearance!

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Boston Irish I was wondering the same thing, things have been changing but not in a good way. I was wondering if maybe they are having problems of some sort.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

It's good they are offering clearance shows but I will not purchase a high dollar value item on clearance and the only reason I can return is if were defective or damaged. Really...what if it doesn't fit or I just don't like it. I will only buy if I personally have knowledge of an item and it was offered at a lower price than in the past. However, I have only seen recycled (presented before and did not sale) items being auctioned off during this clearance sale :!:
2 x

None

Post by None » 4 years ago

Well I purchased a diamond ring that I received about 9-12 only for it to show up on clearance for $40 less today. Called and was essentially told too bad so sad. 30 day price gaurantee my hiney. Lesson learned.
2 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

Drives me crazy how they can go up and down on there clearance items. Going down is fine. You never go up. Not fair practice
2 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Had something in cart 299.00 looked just now 599.00 but take 25 off that wow don't like this flip flop sorry won't be buying
2 x