Re: Saturday morning coffees on ❗☕

Post by honey » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Ooooo, those sound so good. I have three boxes of those mini phyllo cups in the freezer now....hmmmm....👀😜

I will see what kind of soup hubby is in the mood for. He usually asks for beans and ham but I am thinking something with a broth base today. Maybe Zuppa toscana or even my beef veggie over rotini noodles.
I am not out the door yet - neighbor dropped in for few.
Yes. I have the phyllo cups toooooo, not the spinach!
Recipe is on Allrecipes. Stuffed mushroom phyllo bites.
Bon Appetite.

30 mini phyllo shells
1-12oz pkg frozen spinach soufflé (Stouffer's)
2 tsp unsalted butter
2 and 1/2 C fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic minced
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
2 T (or to taste) grated parm cheese

Heat oven to 325, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
*cook spinach soufflé in microwave/stir/set aside
*butter in skillet, saute mushrooms about 4 min, add chopped
garlic, about one min. remove from heat add the soufflé and
bacon to the mushroom garlic and mix till incorporated.
*fill shells with about 1 rounded tsp of the mix - sprinkle with
parm - bake about 15min. serve warm or room temp.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Butterfly

I also hope you feel welcome and safe here. This is unlike most forms of social media (which I am not a fan of) in that is anonymous. Also we just have a very special group of folks that are some of the most caring and supportive I have ever encountered. It has changed my life. I hope it will change yours. I sense you are a little shy and I feel you at the doorway peeking in around the corner. When you feel comfortable--come on in!

@Blossom

I am glad the thyroid issue came up. It gave me an excuse to not recommend kale. I despise the stuff. Unless you cook the living daylights out of it- which kills most of the nutritional value by the way- it tastes like spinach doused in fingernail polish remover to me. I let Dr. Oz know that but got no response by the way. SLC used to have kale dipped in gold as pendants. I sent one to him with a note saying I thought this was the best use of the stuff. No response. He also is always pushing plain Greek yogurt. Maybe because he is Greek? I let him know I hadn't bought any because I had a wallpaper project going. His assistant (or somebody) responded "????" I told them since the yogurt and wallpaper paste has the same consistancy, smell and taste, I didn't want to get them mixed up. That was the end of that conversation.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
I've eaten kale in a mixed salad (I think). Didn't know it was that icky!

Ah yes, Dr Oz. Guess he doesn't know it all...who knew?...
YOU! !💞
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I actually kinda like Dr. Oz and respect him but he tends to recommend stuff across the board instead of according to individual needs and circumstances. I once calculated that if I took everything he said to I would be taking about 40 supplements a day, drinking about 20 cups of tea and eating about 8 pounds of nuts, seeds and food a day. Not a gonna happen!
4 x

Blossom

I remember first seeing Dr Oz on Oprah. Then his own show. My pharmacy has 'Happier' magazines which he usually has a short back page feature, that's all I see from him now.

IMO, too many health care providers tend to put patients in a 'box' & few attempt to venture outside the comfort of that 'box'..at least in my experience.

Yep, when I sprout feathers & start flying like a bird & start climbing & scampering around in trees like a squirrel, all those seeds & nuts may be more appealing!💞
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Good evening to all the Tribe,
@Butterfly
Just keep on posting here - WE ALL CARE 👍😍

REMEMBER —-YOU ARE ONLY HUMAN
YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE IT TOGETHER EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY - none of us do, but we have each other ❤️❤️❤️
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob
Are you ok?💞
I'm here. Have had a migraine for days. My doctor took me off of one med and put me on another. I don't think it's working. I've been in bed where I can control the light and sound. Thank you for asking about me. Love you all! 💕
4 x

Blossom

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob
Are you ok?💞
I'm here. Have had a migraine for days. My doctor took me off of one med and put me on another. I don't think it's working. I've been in bed where I can control the light and sound. Thank you for asking about me. Love you all! 💕
Gemsnob,
I'm sorry for your pain. I know how horrible a seemingly NEVER ENDING HEADACHE can be. I used to have them for 2 weeks at a time & wouldn't wish them on anyone. I 'think' I actually made them somewhat better...the more my head hurt, I realized I was clenching my jaws & after I starting relaxing them instead they did ease up a little. Hope yours goes away soon...never to return💞
1 x