Spring ahead Sunday & ☕☕☕

Blossom

Re: Spring ahead Sunday & ☕☕☕

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

Whaaaat?? You don't like "I've Flushed You From The Toilet of My Heart" and other like country classics?

Actually I've always been the naughtiest in my family (except for my Grandma when she was young). Sissy is quite shy, humble and unadventurous. She calms me down (a bit) and I prod her to do new things-- so it kinda all just works out. Plus age has slowed me down some. Not a whole lot, but some.

I SO LOVE music and can't carry a tune in a bucket with four handles. And I need to play an instrument that doesn't need tuning like a clarinet or a flute.
Nope...not a fan of tear jerkers!

Sounds like you & Sissy balance each other. I'd say that's a good thing too. I was a bit of a wild child myself...thank goodness parents didn't know about all my shenanigans!

I used to play clarinet in high school band. Received a guitar from parents one Christmas w/book. Guess the book wasn't for dummies cuz I never did learn to play (parents probably needed earplugs for the clarinet & guitar)! Still have the guitar...somewhere :roll:

I can't carry a tune to save my life! I envy those who sing well. I love watching 'The Voice'. I once told someone that I couldn't sing & she said 'Everybody can sing' like I was stupid. Guess she's right so I replied 'I meant I can't sing well'...she looked at me a bit bumfuzzled. She sings about as well as myself.😋
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I know what you mean. There is a lady at church that sits behind me ... she warbles when she sings. Drives me crazy... but God love her. And she sings loud... she's a praisin'. I'm an okay singer. Not good enough for American Idol... but I can kinda sorta carry a tune. ( That's what I've been told. ) Hubs like to hear me sing around the house or when I am driving. Less self concious when I am doing something. If I am asked to sing... I choke. Forget it... not happenin'.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I love all types of music. So many styles of music. Too difficult to write them all.

I LOVE the Big Band "Swing" music like The Glenn Miller Orchestra, with Tex Beneke singing "I've Got a Gal (in) Kalamazoo" and "Chattanooga Choo Choo", Benny Goodman, etc. I really love Mel Torme's voice, and I LOVE Dixieland music! And Bluegrass! Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs! Also love "old style country music" like The Sons of the Pioneers. Ken Curtis was with them and man, was he handsome! I love him on Gunsmoke as Festus!

Also love so much of the 60's and 70s music, and so much of the 80's and 90's music.

I still listen to David Cassidy/The Partridge Family, and The Monkees. Micky Dolenz had a full on 60's voice - like Grace Slick! Micky's my favorite.

From Folk; Woody Guthrie, Arlo Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary; to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Neil Young on his own; to Janis Joplin; to The Carpenters, Simon & Garfunkel; to David Bowie, Elton John's FIRST records (before he went Pop), Led Zeppelin, Robin Trower, Yes, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Rush, Genesis, Jeff Beck, Edgar & Johnny Winter, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and "Southern Rock"; The Outlaws, The Allman Brothers, and Poco.

I LOVE Boy George/Culture Club! Also The Psychedelic Furs and Tears For Fears!

And 10,000 Maniacs/Natalie Merchant, Heaven 17, The Smiths, Elvis Costello, UB40, R.E.M., New Order, Morrisey, Simple Minds, A Flock of Seagulls, and Cyndi Lauper.

I adore The Cure! I love INXS, and LOVE LOVE LOVE Echo & The Bunnymen.

I also love GRUNGE! Especially Nirvana & Soundgarden (Chris Cornell), Temple of the Dog (Soundgarden & Pearl Jam members) Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and other types of bands, like Dishwalla and Portishead.

And I absolutely adore k.d. Lang. Her voice is perfection to me.

I used to like Jackson Browne until I found out he treated women badly because he hated them (fears them, in other words).

I also used to really like Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull until my brother in law went to see him several months ago. He knows someone who knows Anderson, and he found out at that concert that Anderson has a tremendously huge ego and told security that if anyone gets up to leave, even to just use the bathroom, not to let them back in. He had fired all his old band members and with all new band members, he "sang." Or, tried to.

My brother in law said he was pathetically bad, and needs to retire. He has thrombosis, but he was just a real you-know-what.

Oh, and my brother in law and friend ended up walking out. 😂

It can ruin it when you find out things about them that disgust and/or anger you! The same with actors and actresses!
1 x

Blossom

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I love all types of music. So many styles of music. Too difficult to write them all.

I LOVE the Big Band "Swing" music like The Glenn Miller Orchestra, with Tex Beneke singing "I've Got a Gal (in) Kalamazoo" and "Chattanooga Choo Choo", Benny Goodman, etc. I really love Mel Torme's voice, and I LOVE Dixieland music! And Bluegrass! Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs! Also love "old style country music" like The Sons of the Pioneers. Ken Curtis was with them and man, was he handsome! I love him on Gunsmoke as Festus!

Also love so much of the 60's and 70s music, and so much of the 80's and 90's music.

I still listen to David Cassidy/The Partridge Family, and The Monkees. Micky Dolenz had a full on 60's voice - like Grace Slick! Micky's my favorite.

From Folk; Woody Guthrie, Arlo Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary; to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Neil Young on his own; to Janis Joplin; to The Carpenters, Simon & Garfunkel; to David Bowie, Elton John's FIRST records (before he went Pop), Led Zeppelin, Robin Trower, Yes, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Rush, Genesis, Jeff Beck, Edgar & Johnny Winter, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and "Southern Rock"; The Outlaws, The Allman Brothers, and Poco.

I LOVE Boy George/Culture Club! Also The Psychedelic Furs and Tears For Fears!

And 10,000 Maniacs/Natalie Merchant, Heaven 17, The Smiths, Elvis Costello, UB40, R.E.M., New Order, Morrisey, Simple Minds, A Flock of Seagulls, and Cyndi Lauper.

I adore The Cure! I love INXS, and LOVE LOVE LOVE Echo & The Bunnymen.

I also love GRUNGE! Especially Nirvana & Soundgarden (Chris Cornell), Temple of the Dog (Soundgarden & Pearl Jam members) Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, and other types of bands, like Dishwalla and Portishead.

And I absolutely adore k.d. Lang. Her voice is perfection to me.

I used to like Jackson Browne until I found out he treated women badly because he hated them (fears them, in other words).

I also used to really like Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull until my brother in law went to see him several months ago. He knows someone who knows Anderson, and he found out at that concert that Anderson has a tremendously huge ego and told security that if anyone gets up to leave, even to just use the bathroom, not to let them back in. He had fired all his old band members and with all new band members, he "sang." Or, tried to.

My brother in law said he was pathetically bad, and needs to retire. He has thrombosis, but he was just a real you-know-what.

Oh, and my brother in law and friend ended up walking out. 😂

It can ruin it when you find out things about them that disgust and/or anger you! The same with actors and actresses!
@Catticus

Wow! What a memory you have! I remember almost all those you named but would never have been able to list them.

Sometimes something as simple as a video will ruin a song I liked before I saw the video (aren't I snooty!) Haven't been to many concerts & only then when I was young...I was young once...right? Can't remember😋
2 x

TXgal

Post by TXgal » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning!

Yep...I SPRUNG but now I feel like I overslept. And I AM up later this morning.

@Vicky
I did watch them last night. I did order something too!

@Hot4TENER

Kitty showed up a little plump say you? HE say you? Sounds like a she with little ones🥰 well best of luck. If strays showed up here I’d have so many more critters.

Lovely day to all. Going to post in “coffee’s on”

❤️❤️❤️❤️
You took the thoughts right outta my brain! Stray plump kitty usually equals soon to be mama kitty! Had a stray show up years ago. Couple months later she had kittens on Mar 1st. So...tis the season!
Blossom, I also heard several years back that they (whoever “they” are) we’re going to do away with daylight savings time! I really wish they would!!! The winter days already are shorter on sunlight, without having to turn back the clock! And every year it takes me a couple of weeks to adapt to the change. I know that there were reasons for the time change way back in the day, but I feel like it’s outdated and unnecessary at this point... I mean, there are still the same number of hours in a day, regardless of what the clock says! Ha ha!
1 x

Blossom

TXgal wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning!

Yep...I SPRUNG but now I feel like I overslept. And I AM up later this morning.

@Vicky
I did watch them last night. I did order something too!

@Hot4TENER

Kitty showed up a little plump say you? HE say you? Sounds like a she with little ones🥰 well best of luck. If strays showed up here I’d have so many more critters.

Lovely day to all. Going to post in “coffee’s on”

❤️❤️❤️❤️
You took the thoughts right outta my brain! Stray plump kitty usually equals soon to be mama kitty! Had a stray show up years ago. Couple months later she had kittens on Mar 1st. So...tis the season!
Blossom, I also heard several years back that they (whoever “they” are) we’re going to do away with daylight savings time! I really wish they would!!! The winter days already are shorter on sunlight, without having to turn back the clock! And every year it takes me a couple of weeks to adapt to the change. I know that there were reasons for the time change way back in the day, but I feel like it’s outdated and unnecessary at this point... I mean, there are still the same number of hours in a day, regardless of what the clock says! Ha ha!
Hello TXgal !
I didn't think I imagined hearing that so thank you!

Wonder when it all started? Seems like once upon a time it had something to do with saving electricity?

Every spring (unofficially), I feel like I'm trying to find that extra hour for weeks too! I'm in agreement with you & others! Time change be gone!!!
3 x