Spring ahead Sunday & ☕☕☕

RS

Re: Spring ahead Sunday & ☕☕☕

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
@RS
My son got himself a mandolin after hearing it in a couple of Paul McCartney songs. He didn’t get a very expensive one. Ordered it on line. It does sound nice when he plays it from time to time. So I think your right ! Hubby will be getting one
Oh, well hubby is also the ULTIMATE BEATLE FAN! So there’s also THAT! 😜
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I am not a huge fan of bluegrass. But, I do like me some Allison Krauss, Ricky Skaggs and Emma Lou. I used to listen to 70's rock. But in the last three or four years, I have gone back to metal. Guns n Roses, KISS, Warrant, Cinderella, Metallica etc. Drives my mom crazy. Got tired of hearing the same stuff on the radio. Turned my old cassettes into CD's. Kinda makes me feel not feel like I am 63. LOL.
3 x

Angelflutter

Emmy Lou... I meant. I went to see Kentucky Headhunters I think it was in July or August when they were here at the Camulet Inn. Good concert.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
I am not a huge fan of bluegrass. But, I do like me some Allison Krauss, Ricky Skaggs and Emma Lou. I used to listen to 70's rock. But in the last three or four years, I have gone back to metal. Guns n Roses, KISS, Warrant, Cinderella, Metallica etc. Drives my mom crazy. Got tired of hearing the same stuff on the radio. Turned my old cassettes into CD's. Kinda makes me feel not feel like I am 63. LOL.
You and I listen to the same music! Guns n Roses is my fav but I like the big hair 80's groups as well. So many great memories.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
We love Allison Krause and Union Station too! Hubby loves Emmy Lou Harris...I’m not a big fan. Seems like she’s always singing two beats behind tempo...bothers me🤣
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I like Guns and Roses, Metallica and AC/DC. When I was having my long radiation sessions they had us listen to music and asked what tapes we wanted to hear. I thought the tech would do his drawers when I asked for H*II's BeIIs. I think he was assuming I would ask for Tony Bennett.
I'm pretty eclectic with music. I like Dire Straights. I thought Cyndi Lauper was innovative.

And I LOVE acoustic guitarists like Leo Kottke and John Fahey. My husband was one of the best, although unknown, guitarists I have ever heard. He opened up at a local college for John Fahey once and played Yellow Princess. I told hubby it was considered bad form to play one of the headliner's signature pieces.(although he did a heck of a job!) Then my daughter Annaliisa decided John needed a little percussion and began slamming a stage door in what she thought was in time to the music. I was mortified, but John was very gracious and told her she might have a career in music. Hubby knew Leo Kottke as well, and I like his music but lost some respect for him when he had an affair with Linda Ronstadt. His wife was such a sweetie. But then again it was nothing personal as Linda slept around a lot in the day. Like if it wore pants. Steve Miller had some pretty good music and he used to have a house on Mercer Island I went to a couple of times-- but he was a horse's rear end in person. It's hard for me to like a person's music if they are a crummy human being.

And pretty much any big hair band is A OK with me.
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I like Guns and Roses, Metallica and AC/DC. When I was having my long radiation sessions they had us listen to music and asked what tapes we wanted to hear. I thought the tech would do his drawers when I asked for H*II's BeIIs. I think he was assuming I would ask for Tony Bennett.
I'm pretty eclectic with music. I like Dire Straights. I thought Cyndi Lauper was innovative.

And I LOVE acoustic guitarists like Leo Kottke and John Fahey. My husband was one of the best, although unknown, guitarists I have ever heard. He opened up at a local college for John Fahey once and played Yellow Princess. I told hubby it was considered bad form to play one of the headliner's signature pieces.(although he did a heck of a job!) Then my daughter Annaliisa decided John needed a little percussion and began slamming a stage door in what she thought was in time to the music. I was mortified, but John was very gracious and told her she might have a career in music. Hubby knew Leo Kottke as well, and I like his music but lost some respect for him when he had an affair with Linda Ronstadt. His wife was such a sweetie. But then again it was nothing personal as Linda slept around a lot in the day. Like if it wore pants. Steve Miller had some pretty good music and he used to have a house on Mercer Island I went to a couple of times-- but he was a horse's rear end in person. It's hard for me to like a person's music if they are a crummy human being.

And pretty much any big hair band is A OK with me.
@JewelryQueen

You are full of surprises!
Like you & others I like Guns n Roses. I was mostly influenced by the music of the 70s. However I like alot of the pop music today (need an upbeat type of music so don't go much for country) although some is ok.

I bet you & Sissy were a h*llcats back in the day & in many ways, even now!!💞
1 x

Angelflutter

Wow !!! Who'd da thunk. We were a bunch of wild ones. :lol:
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

Whaaaat?? You don't like "I've Flushed You From The Toilet of My Heart" and other like country classics?

Actually I've always been the naughtiest in my family (except for my Grandma when she was young). Sissy is quite shy, humble and unadventurous. She calms me down (a bit) and I prod her to do new things-- so it kinda all just works out. Plus age has slowed me down some. Not a whole lot, but some.

I SO LOVE music and can't carry a tune in a bucket with four handles. And I need to play an instrument that doesn't need tuning like a clarinet or a flute.
1 x

Angelflutter

8-) Not gonna lie... I was a handful.
STILL AM..... :lol:
1 x