won items are cancelled by warehouse?

jk

won items are cancelled by warehouse?

Post by jk » 4 years ago

I'm relatively new to these auctions and have won a number of things recently, but also have had 2 won items cancelled and refunded by the warehouse, at shipping time. if the item on the auction is not available why is it listed for bid?? that is VERY disappointing, especially after they've notified me that I won and I'm waiting for the shipping notification. it's even more angering when one of those has come of for auction again numerous times after my cancelled win. Customer service offered me NO sensible explanation or resolution. Were my bids too low to honor? They said they could not replace my item at the same bid amount when I saw it up for auction again - at 10 times what I won it for. I was told to re-bid. is that fair?
5 x

RS

Re: won items are cancelled by warehouse?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

jk wrote:
4 years ago
I'm relatively new to these auctions and have won a number of things recently, but also have had 2 won items cancelled and refunded by the warehouse, at shipping time. if the item on the auction is not available why is it listed for bid?? that is VERY disappointing, especially after they've notified me that I won and I'm waiting for the shipping notification. it's even more angering when one of those has come of for auction again numerous times after my cancelled win. Customer service offered me NO sensible explanation or resolution. Were my bids too low to honor? They said they could not replace my item at the same bid amount when I saw it up for auction again - at 10 times what I won it for. I was told to re-bid. is that fair?
Sadly that happens but seems to be happening more frequently.

No...it is NOT fair. They should honor your winning bid. I would contact a moderator here in the CS thread.

I ordered a necklace a couple of months ago from the site. Order was cancelled because it was “lost in the warehouse” last night I saw the necklace in the RA and it went for WAY more than I ordered it. That also is not fair.
That was MY NECKLACE!
7 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

jk wrote:
4 years ago
...........Welcome to shopLC.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
jk wrote:
4 years ago
...........Welcome to shopLC.
@Hollie
Hollie, you're killing me this morning! You're on a roll!
🤣😂😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣
1 x

Shmily7

Post by Shmily7 » 4 years ago

This happened to me too. I received a damaged item and asked for a replacement they said it’s no longer available and a few days later I see an auction for the same item I was told was no longer in stock. I bid in the new auction won it for a higher price than the first time I won it and still didn’t get the necklace a second time!!! It was missing from the box on both shipments :roll: :oops: :roll: :|
Over it. I’ll be scaling back on auction participation for a while.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

SOMETIMES this is what happens. Say they have 3 rings. They are designated for auction. You won yours on Mon. the 1st. The second one is scheduled for Wednesday the 4th. You get yours on the 8th and find it damaged and call them. Whoever won the ring on the 4th has already been shipped theirs. The 3rd ring was "put in auction" on the 7th. The auction for that item will not end until the 9th, as they schedule the items two days out. They cannot "pull" this last ring as people have been bidding on it for over 24 hrs by the time you discover your ring has no stone (or whatever).

That being said, when I was trying to buy a replacement for a specific lamp for a friend of mine who received hers broken the personal shopper told me and customer service said they were not available. Not a single one anywhere. I have seen the same lamp up for auction at least 20 times over a 3 week period since then. I even won once and my order was mysteriously cancelled the next day. Not by me! Another time about 3 years ago I really wanted this camel purse. I won it on RA 4 different times and never got it! It seems it had been scheduled for auction multiple times when they were already out of them! Go figure.
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Make sure you check “order history” at least once a day. I was waiting on a beautiful set of earrings & went to my history page. They were cancelled. Customer service said they had found them defective & were not being sent out to anyone. Also make sure you didn’t get charged for the item. This is such a hassle I know, but you just have to watch what’s going on. Never saw the earrings again. No joy delivered that day. 😨😨😨
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

jk wrote:
4 years ago
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your message. I am deeply sorry that the warehouse cancelled one of your auction orders. Please reach out to me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with your order information so I can look into this, and see if there is any way we can get these items out to you. Worst case scenario, if we do not have stock I can find you an alternative of similar value and honor the auction prices you paid. Thank you again for your message, and I hope to hear from you!
0 x