Very Strange

Gem Lover

Very Strange

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

My best friend past away last summer, she had just turned 58 years old. She had been tired and thought it was just from working a lot but it turned out she was in heart failure and needed a heart, she never knew she had a heart issue except for murmur as a kid. Today I was listening to my messages on my phone, I listened to the first two and deleted them but when I heard the voice of the third and last message I almost fell out of my seat and then I began to cry, it was my friend who passed and by what she said I assume she left it right before going into surgery. I listen and delete my messages every day so I have no idea how I would have just got this message now, it was left on my house phone. I now saved it so when I am missing her I can listen to it and hear her voice. My friend Violet was with me thru everything with the crazy ex and I do not know how I would have got by without her.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Very Strange

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

😢 I wish I would have a voice recording of my parents😒
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
My best friend past away last summer, she had just turned 58 years old. She had been tired and thought it was just from working a lot but it turned out she was in heart failure and needed a heart, she never knew she had a heart issue except for murmur as a kid. Today I was listening to my messages on my phone, I listened to the first two and deleted them but when I heard the voice of the third and last message I almost fell out of my seat and then I began to cry, it was my friend who passed and by what she said I assume she left it right before going into surgery. I listen and delete my messages every day so I have no idea how I would have just got this message now, it was left on my house phone. I now saved it so when I am missing her I can listen to it and hear her voice. My friend Violet was with me thru everything with the crazy ex and I do not know how I would have got by without her.
@Gem Lover
That is both a heartbreaking and an amazing gift 💔💜
To have her message and her voice . That is so special
& I hope it brings you comfort -Gypsy 💜💔
5 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

I wish I was a stronger woman, but I can’t even look at pictures of my parents because I can’t stop crying. I will never get over losing them. Some people just cope better than others. You should feel good that you can handle this. 🌸
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
😢 I wish I would have a voice recording of my parents😒

@Vicky
I understand . I have a VCR tape of my son from his preschool Christmas program so I can see and hear him call out and say. "Hi mama" 😢🥺 I wish I could hear my husbsnds voice one more time 🥺-Gypsy
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
I wish I was a stronger woman, but I can’t even look at pictures of my parents because I can’t stop crying. I will never get over losing them. Some people just cope better than others. You should feel good that you can handle this. 🌸
Amy, grief is not a sign of weakness nor is there a timeline for grieving. It is different for everyone. Please don't think you aren't strong because losing your parents makes you cry. There is nothing wrong with crying. I'm so sorry you lost your parents. 💓
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Wow, I can only imagine the shock of hearing her voice and regret that you didn't hear the message sooner. I'm sure it brought it crashing back, the grief and sadness. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Maybe this wasn't meant to be heard until now. 💓
6 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Thank you GemSnob for your kind words, which are so true. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who grieves & will never be the same. Bless you.🌸
5 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Gemsnob 💐 ❤️
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I’m sorry her message made you sad 🥺

It appears to me that your friend was trying to send you a message. Maybe during a time when you need her?

I would make sure it never gets erased and embrace it for what it is...a gift💞💞💞

And like Vicky said...me too. And from our son.

I
5 x