Very Strange

Hot4TENER

Re: Very Strange

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
My best friend past away last summer, she had just turned 58 years old. She had been tired and thought it was just from working a lot but it turned out she was in heart failure and needed a heart, she never knew she had a heart issue except for murmur as a kid. Today I was listening to my messages on my phone, I listened to the first two and deleted them but when I heard the voice of the third and last message I almost fell out of my seat and then I began to cry, it was my friend who passed and by what she said I assume she left it right before going into surgery. I listen and delete my messages every day so I have no idea how I would have just got this message now, it was left on my house phone. I now saved it so when I am missing her I can listen to it and hear her voice. My friend Violet was with me thru everything with the crazy ex and I do not know how I would have got by without her.
I LOVE this story! Gave me goosebumps. I don't know how it magically appeared either, but I think your friend just wanted you to know that she's watching over you. So sweet!
5 x

TXgal

Post by TXgal » 4 years ago

I’m new to the forum, but I’ve “lurking” for awhile now, just to see who posts and what kind of topics are common. I love that everyone talks about both Shop LC stuff, as well as sharing personal stories! I feel like I already know some of you very well! I can relate to this, unfortunately. I saved an email that my father sent to me a year before his death, because we didn’t routinely communicate one-on-one (usually our communication was through Mom, since I talk to her more often.) But this email was so heartfelt and meant just for me, so I loved it and refused to delete it. When he died (cancer) a couple of years ago, ironically I was the only one by his side. I sent rest of the family home, as they were exhausted, but I knew he’d had a bad day, so I volunteered to stay the night. This was the 1st night anyone had stayed. He passed within 30 minutes of the others leaving. It was heartbreaking to me, and I’d never seen death that close (physically or relationally.) But part of me feels honored to have been by his side at that moment, and I will NEVER erase that special email. It’s strange because I never dreamed about him when he was alive, but he now visits me regularly in dreams, and he’s always there in some calming, positive capacity. It has helped with the grief and I feel that my Daddy is, in some ways, even closer to me now than he was in life. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, and I pray for comfort in knowing that you were one of the last people she chose to reach out to...I hope that consoles your heart and that you’re left with happy memories! God bless!
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

TXgal wrote:
4 years ago
I’m new to the forum, but I’ve “lurking” for awhile now, just to see who posts and what kind of topics are common. I love that everyone talks about both Shop LC stuff, as well as sharing personal stories! I feel like I already know some of you very well! I can relate to this, unfortunately. I saved an email that my father sent to me a year before his death, because we didn’t routinely communicate one-on-one (usually our communication was through Mom, since I talk to her more often.) But this email was so heartfelt and meant just for me, so I loved it and refused to delete it. When he died (cancer) a couple of years ago, ironically I was the only one by his side. I sent rest of the family home, as they were exhausted, but I knew he’d had a bad day, so I volunteered to stay the night. This was the 1st night anyone had stayed. He passed within 30 minutes of the others leaving. It was heartbreaking to me, and I’d never seen death that close (physically or relationally.) But part of me feels honored to have been by his side at that moment, and I will NEVER erase that special email. It’s strange because I never dreamed about him when he was alive, but he now visits me regularly in dreams, and he’s always there in some calming, positive capacity. It has helped with the grief and I feel that my Daddy is, in some ways, even closer to me now than he was in life. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, and I pray for comfort in knowing that you were one of the last people she chose to reach out to...I hope that consoles your heart and that you’re left with happy memories! God bless!
@TXgal
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough to share your story ❣ please feel free to jump in the conversation. As you've noticed we talk.about pretty much everything and everyone is encouraged to join in. 🙂🤗 -Gypsy
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
TXgal wrote:
4 years ago
@TXgal
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough to share your story ❣ please feel free to jump in the conversation. As you've noticed we talk.about pretty much everything and everyone is encouraged to join in. 🙂🤗 -Gypsy
Yes, TXgal WELCOME!
Sorry for the loss of your dad & glad you were strong enough to be by his side. I know it was difficult.

Blessings to you & your loved ones💞
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@TXgal gal Thank you for your kind words and welcome to our group. I am sorry about your dad I know how hard that is to wacth someone you love take their last breath. Just know this is a great group with very kind, loving and compassionate people and we are all here to listen and uplift each other when needed so if you ever need to get something off your chest we are here.
3 x

Tabbi

Post by Tabbi » 4 years ago

I completely understand where you're coming from @Gem Lover Any video or recording of my late father just makes me burst into tears. He passed back in November 2017. Sometimes it's comforting to listen to it, other times......not very easy to handle. I hope you feel better soon GL, praying for you here
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@Tabbi Thank you Tabbi, I am sorry to hear about your dad but I agree, sometimes it can make us feel good to hear or see them in a recording or video but depending on the day we are having it can make us very emotional and cry.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

TXgal wrote:
4 years ago
@TXgal

If you haven't already, PRINT THAT EMAIL! I had special and even some necessary emails, and lost them. It's a long story. Print the ones you love and need, just in case!

🌿🌺🌸💞🦋🌞🦋💞🌸🌺🌿
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Catticus
I agree with you. I couldn’t find emails that I wanted to read again. Lesson learned. When RS posted a food recipe for her dog, I took a snapshot of it, so its saved. Then I printed it.

@TXgal
Welcome to our Tribe 😄
I was very touched when you shared your private pain of you and your Dad. I have shared things here that I never shared with others.
We have a relationship that one rarely shares. I find we all have so much in common, Just real life stories of our daily ups and downs. Our Pain and frustrations, as well as our joys of family and fur babies. All without being judged😊
Its also helpful to get others opinions about items that are sold at Shoplc. Our frustrations about disastrous changes made at Shoplc in the last few months. The CONSTANT showing of overpriced TANZANITES. I can change channels, return 1 hour later, and that same Tanzanite is still on the air.
WHERE HAS OUR BELOVED SLC GONE 😰
You see- now that I vented, I feel better. Putting up the morning Brew☕️☕️☕️
To Catticus, Txgal and all the Tribe, hope the morning sunshine warms your day❤️❤️❤️
5 x