Severe weather

Blossom

Severe weather

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Tornadoes, damaging straight line winds & large hail is predicted this afternoon & evening for my area & others on the forum.

Anyone who may be affected...please be aware, alert & stay safe 💞
4 x

Angelflutter

Re: Severe weather

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Thank you Blossom. I will keep up with weather reports today. I watched the news last night.... but it said there was a slight chance in my area.... when I watched this morning ... there was a greater threat. Noon news will be on in a little over an hour. I have already told mom that if the threat becomes severe, we will be heading to the basement. Oh, I love my house. It's 63 years old ( same as me ). But it was built very well. I have a reinforced storm shelter down there. Perfect for being safe in tornadoes. Let's just pray that no one has severe storms.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@Blossom and @Angelflutter I pray you do not get the storm to bad, be careful!
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Thank you. Battening down the hatches.
2 x

Blossom

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom and @Angelflutter I pray you do not get the storm to bad, be careful!
Gem Lover,
Thank you! Kinda takes my mind off virus🙏💞
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Just read this thread and checked weather channel
Please stay safe !!!!!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

Just how sad is it that it takes one potential disaster to take our mind off of another potential disaster!?!

Please take all possible precautions and stay safe from all that threatens.
4 x

Blossom

@Gypsy & @JewelryQueen

Thank you! Currently under tornado watch till 5ish (cst) but thought threat was through 10ish?...maybe they changed it.

@Angelflutter
Glad you have safe basement for you & your family. I live in a historic house built in late 1890's & they probably hadn't even heard of basements! Stay safe!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Blossom

I'd rather wait out a hurricane than a tornado at least with hurricane we see it coming. Tornados are sneaky & sometimes you csnt see them for the storm. 😳 I've lived in Oklahoma panhandle when kids were little.....hated it couldn't wait to get back to Texas -Gypsy
1 x

Blossom

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I'd rather wait out a hurricane than a tornado at least with hurricane we see it coming. Tornados are sneaky & sometimes you csnt see them for the storm. 😳 I've lived in Oklahoma panhandle when kids were little.....hated it couldn't wait to get back to Texas -Gypsy
You make a good point! Me & my kitties are coming to your house! Talk about 'stink eye' from yours & mine!😂
2 x