PHEW!

Catticus

PHEW!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!!

I just called the pharmacy using their automated system and BOTH RX's WERE REFILLED!
πŸ’žπŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

Now all I need to do is pick them up which I don't mind because I want to see if the shelves still have certain things.

@JewelryQueen
@Vicky

I have a question. I don't mind if everyone thinks I'm a nut case. You probably already do.
πŸ₯œ πŸ’Ό

I WANT TO KNOW WHY the CDC and schools etc., are saying wearing N95 face masks are not recommended unless one is sick.

I am going to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I don't mind.

I read up a little on these masks. They filter about 95% of particles. Germs.

1) Why NOT wear one? I read that this virus lives on surfaces such as metal, etc., longer than it does clothing...or HAIR.

Oh? And they know this HOW? πŸ˜’

2) The CDC recommends the masks be worn only by those who are sick. They state it is to keep the sick person's germy coughs and or sneezes and breathing from reaching the non-sick.

IF THE MASKS WORK TO KEEP PARTICLES (germs) FROM BEING RELEASED OUT FROM THE MASKED PERSON...

WOULD THAT NOT ALSO WORK THE OTHER WAY AROUND?

THE MASKS "CONTAIN" THE DROPLETS THE SICK HAVE AND KEEP THE GERMS, SNEEZES OR COUGHS OR BREATHING OR WHATEVER, FROM SPREADING TO OTHERS' NOSES AND EYES AND MOUTHS.

AS IN "KEEPING THEM IN."

(OR SO IT IS SAID.)

SO WHY DO THE MASKS NOT "KEEP THE GERMS OUT"?

WHAT, IT WORKS ONE WAY, BUT NOT THE OTHER?!?

WHY DO THE MASKS SUDDENLY "NOT" KEEP GERMS FROM ENTERING (THROUGH THE MASK) TO A NON-SICK PERSON FROM VARIOUS ROUTES, SUCH AS SOMEONE SNEEZING OR COUGHING A BIT TOO CLOSE?

OR KEEP GERMS FROM ENTERING IF ONE WHO IS WEARING A MASK FORGETS AFTER TOUCHING SOMETHING AND THEN TOUCHES THEIR MASKED NOSE OR MASKED MOUTH?

WHAT IS THE ISSUE? IT COULD WORK! IT MIGHT HELP!

WHY NOT TRY IT? THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE BY WEARING A MASK, AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN!

What is this?!? A cover up?!? Do they want the elderly and infirm to die like they did in Na.i, Germany?

They say "save the masks for medical personnel."

THEY ARE'NT WEARING THEM!

My sister talked to a nurse the other day and he said "Nahhhh, don't worry. Just make sure to wash your hands. WE aren't wearing masks."
😳

She asked him about it coming from a snake because I read that they tested it and thought it was from a bat, a pangolin or a snake, and upon testing the droplets, they found a higher amount of snake cells.

He said: "It's not from a snake! It's from a bat!"

Soooooo, we either have nothing to fear...or we have people in the medical field who are woefully misinformed!

And there is no shortage of masks. I found tons on A.

WHY NOTTTT WEAR A MASK? WHAT'S IT TO THEM?!? THEY SAY NOT TO TOUCH SURFACES; COUNTERS, THINGS ETC. BUT IF YOU DO, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR LIPS, EYES OR NOSE.

Well, I don't know everything, that's for sure. But it seems to me that a good mask (and even a cheaper type) is better than NOTHING!

AT THE VERY LEAST IT MIGHT HELP IF A PERSON TOUCHES A COUNTER OR SOMETHING AND THEN WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT, TOUCHES THEIR NOSE OR LIPS, AND THEN FEELS THE MASK, AND REMEMBERS AND QUICKLY PULLS THEIR HAND AWAY?!?

WHY WOULD THE MASK KEEP GERMS FROM SPREADING OUT OF THE MASK, BUT NOT KEEP THEM FROM SPREADING INTO THE MASK?

I don't like the CDC recommending that people NOT wear the N95 masks. Why not?

You cannot tell me the masks will NOT work AT ALL for a non sick person, BUT WILL WORK FOR A SICK PERSON!

IF it works one way, it must work the other way!!!!!!

That's like the CDC stating that a blanket, comforter, or coat being reversed, will not keep a person warm!
😢 😐 πŸ˜‘

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Even if the mask acts as a reminder not to touch our noses and lips...doesn't that mean wearing one is A GOOD IDEA when out at the store, etc?

There is something rotten going on.
πŸ˜’ 😠 😑
5 x

Harlequin

Re: PHEW!

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

I don’t want to rain on your parade but you can go to a paint store and buy the same mask for about $30 and yes it is to keep the germs out that is what my nurse practitioner said and about the Stone mountain bags I hope they don’t smell like a Wallet I bought from Shop. L. C sprayed with the POLYURETHANE had to remove it from the houseIt smelled so bad aired it out for two months outside finally took it to a Shoesmith and it was the smell from the POLYURETHANE good luck
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago

I just called the pharmacy using their automated system and BOTH RX's WERE REFILLED!
πŸ’žπŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

Now all I need to do is pick them up which I don't mind because I want to see if the shelves still have certain things.

@JewelryQueen
@Vicky

I have a question. I don't mind if everyone thinks I'm a nut case. You probably already do.
πŸ₯œ πŸ’Ό

I WANT TO KNOW WHY the CDC and schools etc., are saying wearing N95 face masks are not recommended unless one is sick.

1) Why NOT wear one? I read that this virus lives on surfaces such as metal, etc., longer than it does clothing...or HAIR.

2) The CDC recommends the masks be worn only by those who are sick. They state it is to keep the sick person's germy coughs and or sneezes and breathing from reaching the non-sick.

IF THE MASKS WORK TO KEEP PARTICLES (germs) FROM BEING RELEASED OUT FROM THE MASKED PERSON...

THE MASKS "CONTAIN" THE DROPLETS THE SICK HAVE AND KEEP THE GERMS, SNEEZES OR COUGHS OR BREATHING OR WHATEVER, FROM SPREADING TO OTHERS' NOSES AND EYES AND MOUTHS.

AS IN "KEEPING THEM IN."

(OR SO IT IS SAID.)

WHY DO THE MASKS SUDDENLY "NOT" KEEP GERMS FROM ENTERING (THROUGH THE MASK) TO A NON-SICK PERSON FROM VARIOUS ROUTES, SUCH AS SOMEONE SNEEZING OR COUGHING A BIT TOO CLOSE?

OR KEEP GERMS FROM ENTERING IF ONE WHO IS WEARING A MASK FORGETS AFTER TOUCHING SOMETHING AND THEN TOUCHES THEIR MASKED NOSE OR MASKED MOUTH?

WHY NOT TRY IT? THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE BY WEARING A MASK, AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN!

What is this?!? A cover up?!? Do they want the elderly and infirm to die like they did in Na.i, Germany?

My sister talked to a nurse the other day and he said "Nahhhh, don't worry. Just make sure to wash your hands. WE aren't wearing masks."
😳

She asked him about it coming from a snake because I read that they tested it and thought it was from a bat, a pangolin or a snake, and upon testing the droplets, they found a higher amount of snake cells.

Soooooo, we either have nothing to fear...or we have people in the medical field who are woefully misinformed!

WHY NOTTTT WEAR A MASK? WHAT'S IT TO THEM?!? THEY SAY NOT TO TOUCH SURFACES; COUNTERS, THINGS ETC. BUT IF YOU DO, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR LIPS, EYES OR NOSE.

Well, I don't know everything, that's for sure. But it seems to me that a good mask (and even a cheaper type) is better than NOTHING!

AT THE VERY LEAST IT MIGHT HELP IF A PERSON TOUCHES A COUNTER OR SOMETHING AND THEN WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT, TOUCHES THEIR NOSE OR LIPS, AND THEN FEELS THE MASK, AND REMEMBERS AND QUICKLY PULLS THEIR HAND AWAY?!?

WHY WOULD THE MASK KEEP GERMS FROM SPREADING OUT OF THE MASK, BUT NOT KEEP THEM FROM SPREADING INTO THE MASK?

You cannot tell me the masks will NOT work AT ALL for a non sick person, BUT WILL WORK FOR A SICK PERSON!

That's like the CDC stating that a blanket, comforter, or coat being reversed, will not keep a person warm!
😢 😐 πŸ˜‘

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Even if the mask acts as a reminder not to touch our noses and lips...doesn't that mean wearing one is A GOOD IDEA when out at the store, etc?

πŸ˜’ 😠 😑
Catt,
OMG!!! If you're nuts then so am I !!!
Just last night I posed the same thought to someone & they gave the same answer as tv (like I was stupid). I replied...'you are only repeating what they said. Why wouldn't it keep germs out if it keeps them in?'

Keep in mind I mistakenly asked someone who KNOWS everything...yep, a man. I say black, he says white. I told him 'I can't believe they don't just interview YOU to get all the answers! :roll:

I don't understand the difference either !

PS. Glad you are able to get your meds!
Last edited by Blossom 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I would think the same thing too. I'm not sure which type of mask you are talking about and too lazy to look it up. I do know that those little thin rectangular shaped masks are not recommended. You know... the kind you find in doctors offices or at the check in desks in emergency rooms. This is because of the large gaps on the sides that will let germs in. If you are going to get a mask.... Wal-Mart has some good masks in their paint department.... any hardware store or Home Depot will carry this type of mask. These are more * and just cover your mouth and nose. They have a little metal strip above the nose area that you can press down around your nose for a better snug fit. I am not a doomsdayer, but you can bet.... I WILL be wearing that mask when I need to go out. Mom has severe COPD, still haven't figured out what is going on with hubs... but he is so weak and sick that I don't want to take any risk. If there is anyone out there that can provide more insight / suggestions please inform us. Stay safe everyone. Angelflutter
6 x

Catticus

Harlequin wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I don’t want to rain on your parade but you can go to a paint store and buy the same mask for about $30 and yes it is to keep the germs out that is what my nurse practitioner said and about the Stone mountain bags I hope they don’t smell like a Wallet I bought from Shop. L. C sprayed with the POLYURETHANE had to remove it from the houseIt smelled so bad aired it out for two months outside finally took it to a Shoesmith and it was the smell from the POLYURETHANE good luck
Yes, I know about the masks being available at lots of places and at different prices. My father has them for sanding, auto painting, etc.

I have read of others with the same issue regarding smelly bags snd wallets purchased here. Some members' hands itched after touching their bags, and their eyes watered.

You didn't "rain on my parade." I hope your Stone Mountain bag isn't "smelly" and is just what you wanted. Let us know when you receive it!
😊
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

Excuse me I didn’t order that stinking smelly thing a.k.a. mountain stone bags I’m not stupid you guys just don’t like me because of the statement I made and you guys are so religious and so God-fearing womenAnd you put on this form that you all get along and you can agree to disagree I don’t think so I am the one who said something about the Tanzanite ring and quit putting down hosts that means quit talking bad about them religious God-fearing women or men don’t do things like that thank about itI do have to applaud all of you you did some great detective work but you didn’t quite get everything deleted retains a night SmackDown continues have fun ladies
0 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

:shock:
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Catticus
I don't think you are nuts.
4 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago

πŸ’žπŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

@JewelryQueen
@Vicky

πŸ₯œ πŸ’Ό

AS IN "KEEPING THEM IN."

(OR SO IT IS SAID.)

😳

😢 😐 πŸ˜‘

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

πŸ˜’ 😠 😑
Catt,
OMG!!! If you're nuts then so am I !!!
Just last night I posed the same thought to someone & they gave the same answer as tv (like I was stupid). I replied...'you are only repeating what they said. Why wouldn't it keep germs out if it keeps them in?'

Keep in mind I mistakenly asked someone who KNOWS everything...yep, a man. I say black, he says white. I told him 'I can't believe they don't just interview YOU to get all the answers! :roll:

I don't understand the difference either !

PS. Glad you are able to get your meds!
Blossom! πŸŒΊπŸ’žπŸŒΊ

Thank you!!!!!! I'm not alone!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†

So you have one of "those" in your life, too, eh?!?

UGH! Some just know everything! I love your response to him!
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

And then there's the One-Uppers! If you or a family member has done this or that, they have too...only they try to "top" it with a bigger and better "story", "event" or "circumstance."

Sigh...πŸ™„

I don't understand why the CDC is telling people they don't recommend the "non sick" wear masks! The N95s are the ones that filter out the fumes (and germs.)

I think it's very strange and also irresponsible for the CDC to state they don't recommend wearing these! It's not as if they were astronaut bubble helmets!?! And so what if they were? What's it to them?!?

WHY ARE THEY SAYING THIS?!?

Aughhhhhhhhhhhh!
πŸ˜– 😷 πŸ˜‘
5 x

Catticus

Gemsnob wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Catticus
I don't think you are nuts.
@Gemsnob