I tested "The Tribe" RA theory

CJM

I tested "The Tribe" RA theory

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I tried bidding on a stainless steel necklace; one other bidder. Waited till 5 seconds left to bid; hit bid,the other one bid; I hit bid again Still lost. This other person had multiple bids going on. This is physically impossible to manage multiple bids within minutes/seconds of each other and win All of them!!! There were several names with multiples going on and guess who won all of them!? Impossible. Are these names computer generated? Girls, I think you're right!
3 x

Gem Lover

Re: I tested "The Tribe" RA theory

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me the other night, I did the same thing and the other person won all they bid on last few seconds, I used a high max bid on one to see what happened an it said the other person had the exact same amount and they won.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I had the same thing happen to me the other night, I did the same thing and the other person won all they bid on last few seconds, I used a high max bid on one to see what happened an it said the other person had the exact same amount and they won.
Hmmmm..intetesting. Think it was because they placed their max bid first?
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Maybe.... but what a coincidence. I rather doubt the exact same bid theory. I TOTALLY BELIEVE THE AUCTIONS ARE 100 % RIGGED. :shock:
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe.... but what a coincidence. I rather doubt the exact same bid theory. I TOTALLY BELIEVE THE AUCTIONS ARE 100 % RIGGED. :shock:
Back when I still attempted RA, every time I placed a max bid (& to myself adding s&h to get more of a rounded off final price)..I would lose. Then I did luck out couple times when I placed a max bid during last few seconds in an off amt & WON!

Ex#1: my bid $27 (I added 2.99) basically if I won paying $30....
LOST!

Ex#2: my bid $28 (add s&h) & WON for $31.

Of course w/the overbidders...FORGET ABOUT IT!
2 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Poetic justice? I didn’t think to check website for the exact same item I bid on. Found it, bought it for the same price it went for on RA. I’m happy; it’s for my granddaughter. Oh boy, maybe need 2 more. I have 3 granddaughters:)
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
I totally agree with you 💛💛 Ginger
2 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

When I lose an item even with max Bid, I click on “bid history” and to the right shows the times bids were placed. Maybe this will help figure out this crazy RA for someone. Can also check bid history before the auction is over. 🌸
2 x

Jo

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I tried bidding on a stainless steel necklace; one other bidder. Waited till 5 seconds left to bid; hit bid,the other one bid; I hit bid again Still lost. This other person had multiple bids going on. This is physically impossible to manage multiple bids within minutes/seconds of each other and win All of them!!! There were several names with multiples going on and guess who won all of them!? Impossible. Are these names computer generated? Girls, I think you're right!
I don't want to be conspiratorial but I went to a conference many years ago. It was information that showed how to make items you put on that big auction site attractive to potential bidders. The people giving the conference also had a piece of software that automatically bid on items. This software would pretty much guarantee you the win because it would activate at the very last second with your bid. You were not limited in the bids you could place. Don't know if anything like that is going on here. It just sounds suspicious.
1 x