Disappointed

RS

Disappointed

Post by RS » 4 years ago

No joy...🥺

Well first the “leather” handbag debacle.

Today I received a London blue topaz journey ring. One of the stones is so poorly mismatched in color it looks like regular blue topaz.And this ring was sold as PREMIUM LONDON BLUE.

I also received the replacement ring from my first ring at J. First ring had a horribly cloudy stone. Second ring has poor color change. It also had NO tag, I suspect it was a return. Their CS could not have cared less!

I am so weary of having to return things that are mis-represented, broken, faulty or defective.

I think I am just going to go back to brick and mortar. At least I can see what I buy.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Disappointed

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
I think that these shopping channels desperately need QUALITY CONTROL people.
No doubt brick and mortar has the benefit of us seeing the item before buying it.
Since we started being charged tax, web purchases became less of a buy.
For higher end jewelry, there is GSN, where what you see is what you get. Of course the on air is magnified, possibly under lights, but at least the one they show is what you get.
Many times I am pleasantly surprised by Shoplc- the items are pretty much the same as the on air sample.
I recently bought a graded diamond pendant from SLC. Claimed it was a 1 ct E-F VS diamond in Platinum. I was not convinced, but when it arrived, it was STUNNING. Had the cert, packed in a padded gift display box, which was then placed in a secure cardboard box. I was sooo impressed.
So, they do have quality control on certain items.
They need to hire more such people to stop damaged or inferior quality items from being shipped.
For items costing $10-20, lots of buyers wont bother returning them. Too much effort, plus most of the return money will be used up with $10 shipping cost to return.
But, in items costing more, having a quality control person will avoid the massive amount daily returns SLC gets ( usps told me Shoplc usually have about 400 returns a day.
Hope they read our comments and hire new people 🤩
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
No doubt brick and mortar has the benefit of us seeing the item before buying it.
For higher end jewelry, there is GSN, where what you see is what you get. Of course the on air is magnified, possibly under lights, but at least the one they show is what you get.
Many times I am pleasantly surprised by Shoplc- the items are pretty much the same as the on air sample.
I recently bought a graded diamond pendant from SLC. Claimed it was a 1 ct E-F VS diamond in Platinum. I was not convinced, but when it arrived, it was STUNNING. Had the cert, packed in a padded gift display box, which was then placed in a secure cardboard box. I was sooo impressed.
They need to hire more such people to stop damaged or inferior quality items from being shipped.
For items costing $10-20, lots of buyers wont bother returning them. Too much effort, plus most of the return money will be used up with $10 shipping cost to return.
But, in items costing more, having a quality control person will avoid the massive amount daily returns SLC gets ( usps told me Shoplc usually have about 400 returns a day.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@RS
Thank you Vicky💞

I am also not pleased with a recent TLV. The blue sapphire ring, pendant and earrings set. The pendant is nice but the stone on the ring has poor color and does not match the pendant.

Yet another item to return.
3 x