Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat
@RS
@Blossom
@Gem Lover
@honey

Hope you feel better @Kittycat
Its getting to be that normally honest people are in PANIC MODE and stealing things from DR’s office’s.
My kids ( PA) medical office has the Auto purell wall dispenser missing.
Sending my love to the TRIBE ❤️
Hubby and friend saw a lady walk into the store with a ziploc bag and grab dozens and dozens of the wipes meant for shopping carts, put them in the ziploc and walked out.
She was probably going around to all the stores!
that is seriously disturbing and unfortunately is probably going to get worse 🥺
4 x

Blossom

Re: Shopping in general due to virus

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat
@RS
@Blossom
@Gem Lover
@honey

Its getting to be that normally honest people are in PANIC MODE and stealing things from DR’s office’s.
:o
3 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat
@RS
@Blossom
@Gem Lover
@honey

Hubby and friend saw a lady walk into the store with a ziploc bag and grab dozens and dozens of the wipes meant for shopping carts, put them in the ziploc and walked out.
1 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat
@RS
@Blossom
@Gem Lover
@honey

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@Kittycat
@RS
@Blossom
@Gem Lover
@honey

I was just telling hubs that some idiot would probably steal the shopping cart wipes. Looks like we found the idiot. This virus is causing people to panic and do stupid things. 0H well, she will eventually run out of wipes. KARMA will get her. Looks seriously like a washrag and bar soap will be coming in her near future.
6 x

Blossom

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I was just telling hubs that some idiot would probably steal the shopping cart wipes. Looks like we found the idiot. This virus is causing people to panic and do stupid things. 0H well, she will eventually run out of wipes. KARMA will get her. Looks seriously like a washrag and bar soap will be coming in her near future.
Karma's a b*tch!
I'm used to living in small town America. These selfish antics surprise me & yet they don't. I see violence ensuing in the near future...all across the country.

I dread my upcoming trip to the grocery later this week. It was crazy last week so I don't even want to think about the chaos that awaits.

One of the employees who works at my local grocery is special needs. He's my buddy & last week when we were talking I asked him "Do you have a cold?" He said "Yeah or allergies or both" Hope it was allergies! :roll:
4 x

geminigirl

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

If it wasn't bad enough, our governor closed all restaurants and bars effective tomorrow evening. Even more people had to run out to the store. I'm sick too - most likely a sinus infection and definitely not Influenza A (they tested). I coughed into my jacket at the store and a guy near me said "cough" If I would have coughed onto the elbow of my jacket, if would have gone closer to him. He did not social distance. It is really bad here too - no bread, no toilet paper - only tissue with lotion and canned goods are pretty scarce. I saw a little girl say "look" and pointed at a shelf and got under it. I said that I hoped that this was the only time in her life she could do that. Look on eBay at the prices for a roll of toilet paper. Why didn't i think of that soon enough - I could put my grandson through college, lol
7 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Hubby and I ventured out today. We went about 60 miles downriver to a bigger town with 2 grocery stores.
Yup. Out of toilet paper. But to be fair one store only ever put out about 10-15 packs. It's a smaller space.
But there was tons of everything else. There were parking spaces and the people there were just doing their regular shopping.

We now have official cases. 5 of them. 😕 I got that info thru the grapevine. Need to see the news later.
But I'm done. I'm not leaving the area again until this thing clears. We will be staying put.
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Feel better Kittycat.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
My kids tell me all NYC and NJ schools closed. The Mayor forcing all restaurants only to do take out or delivery. All movies, bars closed. Weddings,etc. to be limited to 50 people.
Now its getting crazy 😳
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

UPDATE Washington State

Our Governor has issued a proclamation closing all restaurants and bars for at least the next 2 weeks. Libraries closed until further notice. All schools, public and private, are online only until at least April 27th. Public gathering maximum limits are down from 250 to 50 people maximum.

Washington has 773 confirmed cases and 42 deaths. Nationwide there are 3500 confirmed cases and 67 deaths. In other words my small beloved state has 63% of all the deaths and between one quarter and one fifth (22.1%) of all the cases in the US.

Truthfully, there may be one more corona related death IF my roommate 1) Does not either find somewhere to go at least part of the day, or SHUT UP and 2) Does not stop fretting and fussing and running in circles because he cannot have his Monday night tacos at his favorite place-- or his Thursday night double burger with fries and a caramel vanilla ice cream cone at a certain place-- or his Friday night 16 oz steak dinner with baked potato with butter and sour cream and green beans and salad at the club. On top of all that he cannot have his daily morning geezer coffee meeting as the restaurant is closed. Mind you I have told him I can make fresh ground coffee and have him invite some of the Rusty Zipper Club over. I also volunteered to prepare the required meals on the required days, BUT his OCD will not permit that!

HELP!!! Any suggestions besides murder? I can't stay as Sissy's ALL the time. And Michael would starve to death. What a conundrum...
2 x