Shopping in general due to virus

Gypsy

Re: Shopping in general due to virus

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
UPDATE Washington State

Our Governor has issued a proclamation closing all restaurants and bars for at least the next 2 weeks. Libraries closed until further notice. All schools, public and private, are online only until at least April 27th. Public gathering maximum limits are down from 250 to 50 people maximum.

Washington has 773 confirmed cases and 42 deaths. Nationwide there are 3500 confirmed cases and 67 deaths. In other words my small beloved state has 63% of all the deaths and between one quarter and one fifth (22.1%) of all the cases in the US.

Truthfully, there may be one more corona related death IF my roommate 1) Does not either find somewhere to go at least part of the day, or SHUT UP and 2) Does not stop fretting and fussing and running in circles because he cannot have his Monday night tacos at his favorite place-- or his Thursday night double burger with fries and a caramel vanilla ice cream cone at a certain place-- or his Friday night 16 oz steak dinner with baked potato with butter and sour cream and green beans and salad at the club. On top of all that he cannot have his daily morning geezer coffee meeting as the restaurant is closed. Mind you I have told him I can make fresh ground coffee and have him invite some of the Rusty Zipper Club over. I also volunteered to prepare the required meals on the required days, BUT his OCD will not permit that!

HELP!!! Any suggestions besides murder? I can't stay as Sissy's ALL the time. And Michael would starve to death. What a conundrum...
😳😳 Do you need to borrow a shovel ???
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Shovels I got. I seem to be missing the gun.
1 x

Gypsy

4 years ago
Shovels I got. I seem to be missing the gun.
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Gotcha ❣
0 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
UPDATE Washington State

Our Governor has issued a proclamation closing all restaurants and bars for at least the next 2 weeks. Libraries closed until further notice. All schools, public and private, are online only until at least April 27th. Public gathering maximum limits are down from 250 to 50 people maximum.

Washington has 773 confirmed cases and 42 deaths. Nationwide there are 3500 confirmed cases and 67 deaths. In other words my small beloved state has 63% of all the deaths and between one quarter and one fifth (22.1%) of all the cases in the US.

Truthfully, there may be one more corona related death IF my roommate 1) Does not either find somewhere to go at least part of the day, or SHUT UP and 2) Does not stop fretting and fussing and running in circles because he cannot have his Monday night tacos at his favorite place-- or his Thursday night double burger with fries and a caramel vanilla ice cream cone at a certain place-- or his Friday night 16 oz steak dinner with baked potato with butter and sour cream and green beans and salad at the club. On top of all that he cannot have his daily morning geezer coffee meeting as the restaurant is closed. Mind you I have told him I can make fresh ground coffee and have him invite some of the Rusty Zipper Club over. I also volunteered to prepare the required meals on the required days, BUT his OCD will not permit that!

HELP!!! Any suggestions besides murder? I can't stay as Sissy's ALL the time. And Michael would starve to death. What a conundrum...
Tell Michael, earplugs are now part of the protective gear for COVID-19...then start wearing them! ;)
2 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
UPDATE Washington State

Tell Michael, earplugs are now part of the protective gear for COVID-19...then start wearing them! ;)
@Blossom
You are such a comedian πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2 x

JewelryQueen

@Blossom

Actually that may be on the right track. He might just fall for it--- and since I still cannot find my gun...and knives are so messy, don't you think?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@RS
My kids tell me all NYC and NJ schools closed. The Mayor forcing all restaurants only to do take out or delivery. All movies, bars closed. Weddings,etc. to be limited to 50 people.
Now its getting crazy 😳
Hi @Vicky πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Sorry for the late reply. Just now had a chance to park my hiney and open my iPad. It is getting crazy. Starting to hit here more, the crazy that is.
Be well, be safe πŸ’“πŸ’“
0 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
What happened to being notified when someone tags you. I have it checked. In the first few days, I was emailed when someone replied or tagged me. Not anymore.
I also wish the latest thing posted should be the first to come up. It would be much easier that way. I know I could click on first unread post. Thats not always accurate.
Anyway, since I last posted, it became more severe. They are talking about curfews from 9pm. Stores closed at night, except groceries and supermarkets. Basically, they want people to stay home. ( JAIL WITHOUT BARS)
A curfew for teens is a good idea. Hanging out in streets at night, bad idea. On the other hand, bored teens at home ??
Give me my noise reducing airpods😲
The good news is, that scientists in South Korea claim they have a antiviral concoction that worked against the covid- 19.
If thats true, it might be the beginning of our GET OUT OF JAIL cardπŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜†
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@RS
What happened to being notified when someone tags you. I have it checked. In the first few days, I was emailed when someone replied or tagged me. Not anymore.
I also wish the latest thing posted should be the first to come up. It would be much easier that way. I know I could click on first unread post. Thats not always accurate.
Anyway, since I last posted, it became more severe. They are talking about curfews from 9pm. Stores closed at night, except groceries and supermarkets. Basically, they want people to stay home. ( JAIL WITHOUT BARS)
A curfew for teens is a good idea. Hanging out in streets at night, bad idea. On the other hand, bored teens at home ??
Give me my noise reducing airpods😲
The good news is, that scientists in South Korea claim they have a antiviral concoction that worked against the covid- 19.
If thats true, it might be the beginning of our GET OUT OF JAIL cardπŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜†
I have never gotten those notifications. I never even saw a way to sign up for them.

I have been watching the news....it is worse. I keep waiting for a plateau but I fear that is far off. πŸ₯Ί

We are definitely keeping our β€œsocial distance”. Now they are saying until at least August?

Stay safe, be well...πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž
1 x

JewelryQueen

JQ Country Update:

According to the State of Washington Health Dept. we have 904 confirmed cases of Covid19. According to the CDC 770. Me being a numbers person I called the hotline (quite a wait by the way) and they said not all the numbers of the CDC are correct as it depends on where the tests are done. REALLY?!? That is quite a difference. Just sayin'.

Also the municipal courts are all closed for at least a week. Then the police announced they are not jailing anyone for misdemeanors or gross misdemeanors til further notice. Now keep in mind these include violating a domestic violence protective order, child abuse, stalking, stealing if the value is $750 or less, and drunk driving, to name a few. Now I get it that they don't want the virus running rampant in our (for sure) overcrowded jails. But let's ADVERTISE this on the TV?? OK crooks and criminals--Have at it!

On the positive side some stores are having a "Senior Only" shopping hour every day. Let's just hope the bad guys aren't waiting outside to mug you for your goods. No wait, they don't get up that early.
2 x