☕☕Happy St.Patrick's Day ☕☕

Gypsy

Re: ☕☕Happy St.Patrick's Day ☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

there are still alot of good people out there.
The managers at my apartment complex made a list of all the residents that are by ourselves and have made it a point to contact each of us and make sure that we knew that if we needed anything or any assistance that we had thier personnel phone numbers and that we could call them anytime day or night if needed. They didnt have to do this but.they did. Made me feel less isolated being by myself with no nearby family. My brother that lives closest can be one of those asshats -Gypsy
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
there are still alot of good people out there.
The managers at my apartment complex made a list of all the residents that are by ourselves and have made it a point to contact each of us and make sure that we knew that if we needed anything or any assistance that we had thier personnel phone numbers and that we could call them anytime day or night if needed. They didnt have to do this but.they did. Made me feel less isolated being by myself with no nearby family. My brother that lives closest can be one of those asshats -Gypsy
The world needs more people looking out for one another. That may be what gets us through this❤️❤️❤️
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS
You are very brave. I carry pepper spray too. The supermarket in my area decided that only customers over 60 can shop early in the morning. Thats fine and appreciated, but who will be in the parking lot to protect us from being mugged, after we buy hard to find supplies. The elderly without pepper spray or firearms are sitting ducks🤯
2 x

Vicky

@JewelryQueen
Please take care of yourself. Michael seems a little unbalanced. I took care of many victims of unstable family or renters, etc.
I will include him on the list, but please be aware that if his personality is off, you have to be aware of his activities, and first and most important, protect yourself. Dont get into any arguments with him while he is depressed. Just be vigilant.

Hope Michael gets back to his usual. A pain, but better then being unstable.
2 x

Vicky

@JewelryQueen
Please take care of yourself. Michael seems a little unbalanced. I took care of many victims of unstable family or renters, etc.
I will include him on the list, but please be aware that if his personality is off, you have to be aware of his activities, and first and most important, protect yourself. Dont get into any arguments with him while he is depressed. Just be vigilant.

Hope Michael gets back to his usual. A pain, but better then being unstable.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@RS
You are very brave. I carry pepper spray too. The supermarket in my area decided that only customers over 60 can shop early in the morning. Thats fine and appreciated, but who will be in the parking lot to protect us from being mugged, after we buy hard to find supplies. The elderly without pepper spray or firearms are sitting ducks🤯
I’m not brave, I was afraid...but also very angry.

That’s great your store is doing that. Hubby is 66 and staying home. Me, at 54 I am going out and doing what needs to be done. He doesn’t like it but I seriously put my foot down at the idea of him going around all those people. We are both in good shape but since he is older, he stays put.

I won’t even let him go down and get the mail. I walk to the mailbox, spray the outside, unlock it and spray the inside (Lysol). I remove the mail and spray that, then lock the box back up.
Mail goes through so many hands.
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--

The very definition of brave is taking action even if you are afraid. You were brave my little sister.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
@RS
I’m not brave, I was afraid...but also very angry.

That’s great your store is doing that. Hubby is 66 and staying home. Me, at 54 I am going out and doing what needs to be done. He doesn’t like it but I seriously put my foot down at the idea of him going around all those people. We are both in good shape but since he is older, he stays put.

I won’t even let him go down and get the mail. I walk to the mailbox, spray the outside, unlock it and spray the inside (Lysol). I remove the mail and spray that, then lock the box back up.
Mail goes through so many hands.
I know adrenaline sometimes overrules, but I think you were brave too!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Vicky
@JewelryQueen
@Blossom

🌈💞💞🥰🥰💞💞🌈
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Vicky

I don't think Michael is dangerous. I've known him for about 30 years and lived with him for about 10. The worst he does is throw his phone when he gets frustrated. Now back when he was drinking 25+ years ago... it was a different story. If he started drinking again i would barricade my door and sleep with one eye open.

I do think he is very depressed.

Thank you for your concern friend.
3 x