FRIENDS please ..... check in(UPDATE)

Angelflutter

Re: FRIENDS please ..... check in

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Those paintings sound wonderful & I would love something like that. I love painting ceramics for the house and family. I love to read, mostly romance books in the 1800’s. I can read a book a day & like to read the autobiographies of late actors & actresses too. I’m trying to get up the courage to start writing ✍🏻 a romance book soon. I write articles for our paper at times and a few magazines here. I love writing, so my fingers are crossed 🤞🏻. I wish you all a happy 1st Day of Spring. I’m waiting on a air purifier to be delivered, I hope I’m not disappointed because I’ve never had one but allergies & the pet dander from the new rescue are killing me. I’m allergic to dogs and cats but tolerate our toy poodles because they don’t shed, unlike Gordon the rescue, who’s part collie & German Shepard. Prayers to everyone, Ginger 💛🦋💛 (But I’ve got several cats outside that are rescues too and one is pregnant now)
Ginger, I saw the pen in hand before I read your post.... thought I was looking at a diamond drill pen. Gypsy.... that looks like what we use in diamond paintings. You stick the " writing end" into wax, tap it on your drills then tap your drills onto the painting..... SIMPLE.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy... there are several videos on youtube. Might watch a few. Diamond painting is very relaxing / stress reducing. I purchase mine from. All diamond painting.com. I would suggest as a beginner that you try one with the round drills. You have to be more precise with the square drills and there are more of the square drills than the round drills on diamond paintings. There is also a site called freediamondpaintings.com. I am sure you will enjoy doing it. Most important thing you should buy is your light board. $ 20.00 will get you a good one on Amazon.... and some craft stores carry them 's well. This will be your most expensive " must have" equipment for diamond painting. Please.... start with a small one before jumping to a large size.. just to make sure you like working on them. I also like paintings that are full diamond as opposed to partial. Meaning the entire painting is filled with the drills. ( Drills is what they call the " diamonds". It's not too expensive of a craft to get started on except for the price of your lightboard. After i did my first painting figured out that I liked doing them, I went straight to the big ones. The big ones were expensive. But they are so beautiful when they are done. There are also several youtube videos on how to frame your diamond art. The three I have waiting for me to do are from alldiamondpainting. 1.) The Chihuahua with the flower wreath on it's head. 2.) Little Girl with the Pigeons and 3.) Little Girl in the Garden. They have a lot of cat, dog, and parrot pictures. I would recommend this company. I have bought 6 pictures from them. Never dissapointed. Clean drills, they make sure you hang over enough to finish your picture, and I have never received staticy or oily or misshapen drills. Some people say to seal your paintings, but I don't. Over time the sealant turns yellow or white and cracks. Plus sealing does take away part of the sparkle... which is why we diamond paint in the first place. I don't frame mine in glass either. When I do my housecleaning, I juts glide my swifter over my pictures. Well, I have gabbed about this long enough. Sorry. It's kind of my passion..... Angelflutter ( feel free to ask us any questions - 2 diamond painting lovers can tell you ANYTHING you want to know. :D
Angelflutter - thank you ❣ I'll need to check into these. 😊 I'm still not sure if I would relax enough to work on. I really am seriously OCD when it comes to crafts of any kind. Ive been known to complete
a 1000 piece puzzle in a weekend- Gypsy
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Sam

Yahoo!!! One of the lost is found!

I read absolutely everything with the exception of "bodice rippers" AKA romantic novels. Right now I am reading "Ascension" which is a murder mystery/thriller set in Venice in the mid 1700's. and "Whitefire" by D. Preston and L. Child. which coincidentally is also a murder mystery set in the present day in an old mining town. At least the mystery of where you are has been solved. Welcome back!

@Gypsy

So are we going to send up smoke signals for Sissy (the cat-not my sister)? Pretty sure we shouldn't release the hounds.

Sissy (my sister not the cat) has a library at her house. She has every Nora Roberts book written including the newest J D Robb-Eve Dallas release which is the only one I haven't read yet. Female cop murder mysteries set in the future-can't beat that! I plan on arm wrestling her for it if she is not done reading it by this weekend as I'm pretty sure my other 2 books will be dust in my rear view mirror by then.

@SueB

Thanks ever so for checking in! Don't be a stranger. We do fret when someone in the Tribe goes missing.

@Hot4TENER

Who is the author of of the "Left Behind" series? I am always scrounging for new authors.

@Ginger

Write that book! I would love to read it and I am running out of authors to read!

@Angelflutter and @RS

Those diamond paintings sound like fun! I used to do a lot of stained glass back in the day because I loved the colors and the light play. An old friend of mine and I would also do giant jig saw puzzles, shellac them, frame them and hang them on her walls. There is one "Indian Princess" one that I found particularly striking (she has a lot of southwestern style decorations in her house). She now has dementia so bad she doesn't recognize me and doing those puzzles is just a sweet memory.

@Butterfly

Please check in. We miss you and think of you.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hello

I am outside the hospital with my dad in the car! They're not letting anyone in but the patients.
😳

We got here at 6:00 am. They just called us and said my mom came through the procedure fine, and needs about an hour to recover. Then they'll call us and we can go up and wait for them to wheel her out.

Security everywhere and a big red piece of tape outside the doors to the hospital all people must stand behind with two men standing there and two big hand sanitizer stands. It was dark when we got here.

I pray the anesthesia does not impact her vision because reading is her life. After the heart attacks and stents, her vision was quite blurred but got better.

My dad kept reminding her what time it was...I laughed because I heard her say: "Stop it. The more you do that the worse you make it!"

Standing, hovering over her, etc. Of course it makes her nervous and she forgets what she was doing and gets all discomboomerated!

I went in there and she said: "I am so ***BLEEEEEP*** mad at him! I could kill him! One of these days...!"
🤣😂🤣

He's OCD like me. She's NOT AT ALL. Yes, she is very slow going now, but I told him to STOP. He was upsetting her and keeping her from getting ready by "Standing Guard". Or acting like a Drill Sergeant Cuckoo Clock, reminding her of the time every five minutes!

😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆😂

My sis met us here and insisted on staying six feet away. Threw me some hand sanitizer and a can of Lysol!

Who knew? Who knew Lysol and hand sanitizers would be the new Bitcoin. Well, that and toilet paper!
😂

I am grateful the bathrooms are available to us via the elevators inside the parking structure. But I'm thinking we used them in the nick of time because the security for the parking lot wasn't here yet.

Oh nevermind. My dad said it's not the hospital section but administrative offices etc. Phew! Because I'm going to need them again! There are no restaurants open to use!

My sis and I have been talking via emails!

I hugged my mom as they began to whisk her away and told her: "You cannot die yet. I love you. We all love you and we still need you." I leaned in closer and said "You've been and are the best mother ever. I would never want another mom but you." She about started crying but stopped because they began taking her in. From our wheelchair to theirs.
😢

They had masks on, gloves and we're in front in the handicapped parking so we can see them wiping everything clean after it's used. I heard one security guy yell to another "No. Nobody's getting in today."

Makes me wonder if they have a few patients here with the virus!
😳

A woman who had leukemia died from the virus yesterday at their other hospital.
😢

Another hour, then we can take her home. I'm starving. My sister tossed me some single individually wrapped pieces of cheeze. I brought crackers. Also some chocolate cherry pecan nut health type bars for my mom and dad, but I won't touch them because one or two makes me need a toilet.
💩

I don't want my battery to go out so will end it on that. Get it? End? Oh ain't I a card, though!
😊

LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR PRAYERS!

I hope this makes sense, the sun is shining on my screen and I can barely see it. I ordered stuff from A and also ordered...three packs of READERS! All in different strengths! AND CHOCOLATE!

I just asked my dad how long we've been here...FIVE HOURS! It's different here than it usually is, that's for sure. Police and security and everyone in masks. I hope this isn't the "new normal."

Another woman was cussing out her crying child or swearing to herself. I opened the car door and yelled "Heyyyy! Don't you talk to her like that! That's child abuse!" She was turning the corner and ignored me. I was so mad! I hope she was repeating something that was said to her, and not meaning the comments towards her little girl.

Whattt? A woman wearing a mask walking out just came up to the window and I looked up because she had stopped and looked in...she smiled and waved and then kept walking. Oh well...
😳

Maybe she thought we were someone else. We're next to the loading zone. Wait! Maybe she thought I was a famous actress or model! Nahhhhh!

🤣😂😆😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

This is a good hospital but...a lot of different types of people about!
🤣

Battery going! Talk later!

🌺🌸🦋🐱🦋🌸🌺
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

@Catticus
So glad you checked in. Sounds like good news so far for mom. God bless you all. More prayers going up
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Catticus

OH WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!! We were all so very concerned for you and your mom, I must be losing it as I thought this procedure was scheduled for tomorrow. Be sure to let us know when you get home and settled in how things are going.

Check your mail tomorrow, A little welcome home gift for mom should have arrived.

Love you!

"T"
3 x

Angelflutter

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy... there are several videos on youtube. Might watch a few. Diamond painting is very relaxing / stress reducing. I purchase mine from. All diamond painting.com. I would suggest as a beginner that you try one with the round drills. You have to be more precise with the square drills and there are more of the square drills than the round drills on diamond paintings. There is also a site called freediamondpaintings.com. I am sure you will enjoy doing it. Most important thing you should buy is your light board. $ 20.00 will get you a good one on Amazon.... and some craft stores carry them 's well. This will be your most expensive " must have" equipment for diamond painting. Please.... start with a small one before jumping to a large size.. just to make sure you like working on them. I also like paintings that are full diamond as opposed to partial. Meaning the entire painting is filled with the drills. ( Drills is what they call the " diamonds". It's not too expensive of a craft to get started on except for the price of your lightboard. After i did my first painting figured out that I liked doing them, I went straight to the big ones. The big ones were expensive. But they are so beautiful when they are done. There are also several youtube videos on how to frame your diamond art. The three I have waiting for me to do are from alldiamondpainting. 1.) The Chihuahua with the flower wreath on it's head. 2.) Little Girl with the Pigeons and 3.) Little Girl in the Garden. They have a lot of cat, dog, and parrot pictures. I would recommend this company. I have bought 6 pictures from them. Never dissapointed. Clean drills, they make sure you hang over enough to finish your picture, and I have never received staticy or oily or misshapen drills. Some people say to seal your paintings, but I don't. Over time the sealant turns yellow or white and cracks. Plus sealing does take away part of the sparkle... which is why we diamond paint in the first place. I don't frame mine in glass either. When I do my housecleaning, I juts glide my swifter over my pictures. Well, I have gabbed about this long enough. Sorry. It's kind of my passion..... Angelflutter ( feel free to ask us any questions - 2 diamond painting lovers can tell you ANYTHING you want to know. :D
Angelflutter...what “tack” do you use for picking up your drills? I have found the one included in the kit doesn’t always stick and other times I know there is some blue substance I have seen others use.
I usually just use the red wax bar that comes in the kit. I have also used the blue tack. I don't really care for the blue. Make sure you don't overload your pen. Wipe off any extra that is hanging outside of your drill bit. Wax should be flush. If your leaving wax on your drills after you place them you are using too much wax. You can scrape off residue wax as you go along, but I usually wait till I am done with my picture, then I use a soft bristled toothbrush and just lightly run it over my pictures. As you know, the wax dries. After its dry, the toothbrush will just flick it off. And, ALWAYS use a roller of some kind to roll over your beads when you are done.... or as you go along to make sure your drills adhere. Let iyour picture sit at least 4 to 5 hours. Then go over it again with your rollers. Also, invest in a small tube of Aileens Retack It. Nice to have around in case drills fall out or you have spots on your pictures that don't seem sticky enough. Just put a little dab on a paintbrush to apply.... I wouldn't suggest using a cotton swab..... they leave stuff behind on your picture.
1 x

Gypsy

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Sam

Yahoo!!! One of the lost is found!

I read absolutely everything with the exception of "bodice rippers" AKA romantic novels. Right now I am reading "Ascension" which is a murder mystery/thriller set in Venice in the mid 1700's. and "Whitefire" by D. Preston and L. Child. which coincidentally is also a murder mystery set in the present day in an old mining town. At least the mystery of where you are has been solved. Welcome back!

@Gypsy

So are we going to send up smoke signals for Sissy (the cat-not my sister)? Pretty sure we shouldn't release the hounds.

Sissy (my sister not the cat) has a library at her house. She has every Nora Roberts book written including the newest J D Robb-Eve Dallas release which is the only one I haven't read yet. Female cop murder mysteries set in the future-can't beat that! I plan on arm wrestling her for it if she is not done reading it by this weekend as I'm pretty sure my other 2 books will be dust in my rear view mirror by then.

@SueB

Thanks ever so for checking in! Don't be a stranger. We do fret when someone in the Tribe goes missing.

@Hot4TENER

Who is the author of of the "Left Behind" series? I am always scrounging for new authors.

@Ginger

Write that book! I would love to read it and I am running out of authors to read!

@Angelflutter and @RS

Those diamond paintings sound like fun! I used to do a lot of stained glass back in the day because I loved the colors and the light play. An old friend of mine and I would also do giant jig saw puzzles, shellac them, frame them and hang them on her walls. There is one "Indian Princess" one that I found particularly striking (she has a lot of southwestern style decorations in her house). She now has dementia so bad she doesn't recognize me and doing those puzzles is just a sweet memory.

@Butterfly

Please check in. We miss you and think of you.
Jewelry Queen
I have been waiting for book #50 of JD Robb it's the only one I haven't read yet. I also have all of Lee Childs -Jack Reacher books 🤗🤗 since you like JDRobb you would like the FBI books of Catherine Coulter. She only writes one a year and it's a running series also. -Gypsy
0 x

Gypsy

@Catticus

Yay !!!!
What wonderful news 🥰 So glad that your mom is okay ❣❣❣❣❣

Happy Dance time

💃 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

-Gypsy
2 x

Angelflutter

;Catticus, I am so happy to hear that things went well with your mom's procedure. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help but chuckle at her for being snarky. Sounds like things are getting back to normal. I guess I missed reading that she was having her procedure today. But knowing me, I probably just forgot. I am so happy that you can be at ease. I know you had a world of worry with all the delays and all. Take mama hope and get yourself some rest. Hugs. Will keep you all in my prayers. Angelflutter
2 x