FRIENDS please ..... check in(UPDATE)

Hot4TENER

Re: FRIENDS please ..... check in

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
The left behind book series is written by 2 biblical scholars Tim Lahaye and jerry b Jenkins. It is a fictional series which intertwines what the Bible says about the apocalypse into modern times. And how it could possibly play out, still keeping with biblical scripture. I’m catholic, and we don’t view the rapture as many biblical literalists do, but it’s still a riveting fictional read. Series begins just before the rapture and continues through all the tribulations predicted ( plagues, locusts, earthquakes, how the evil one comes to power, the persecution of believers etc) and ends with the 2nd coming. The characters ( which are very well developed) are all trying to survive through the apocalyptic years. I just couldn’t put them down and I couldn’t wait to get to the next book to see how they ( and who) survived!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

I do read Catherine Coulter. Sissy has one shelf of her library devoted to her. One for Iris Johansen. One for Sandra Brown (Sissy reads the romance end of her stuff and I read the thriller-murder-mystery genre she writes). Etc, etc. etc.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Hot4TENER
Good morning! I like to read also. I'm a mystery kinda gal & some are very hard to put down! I always think I have the culprit figured out before the end..sometimes yes, sometimes no! And I agree, more good stuff & less fluff!
Heather Graham and Iris Johanson are a couple of really good mystery writers. And if you haven't read any JD Robb - In Death books. Main character is a cop. I think you'd like them so far there 49 books with continuing storyline set in future helps to read them in order.-Gypsy
Thank you! I usually grab alot at yard sales & when the local library has book sales (Apr & Oct). They probably won't have one next month the way things are closing. But I must admit, since this forum started, I'm not reading as many books! 💞
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

I do read Catherine Coulter. Sissy has one shelf of her library devoted to her. One for Iris Johansen. One for Sandra Brown (Sissy reads the romance end of her stuff and I read the thriller-murder-mystery genre she writes). Etc, etc. etc.
I pretty much read it all ❣ love the murder/mystery/thrillers the best and I'll read a good romance when the mood strikes 😊 the Catherine Coulter FBI series starts with THE COVE & she also writes with J.T. Ellison and that series starts with THE FINAL CUT. It's a BRIT in the FBI really good also -Gypsy
2 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Hot4TENER
Good morning! I like to read also. I'm a mystery kinda gal & some are very hard to put down! I always think I have the culprit figured out before the end..sometimes yes, sometimes no! And I agree, more good stuff & less fluff!
Heather Graham and Iris Johanson are a couple of really good mystery writers. And if you haven't read any JD Robb - In Death books. Main character is a cop. I think you'd like them so far there 49 books with continuing storyline set in future helps to read them in order.-Gypsy
Thank you! I usually grab alot at yard sales & when the local library has book sales (Apr & Oct). They probably won't have one next month the way things are closing. But I must admit, since this forum started, I'm not reading as many books! 💞
Blossom
We still have a nice used book store here and I visit there when I can -Gypsy 😊
2 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

I read the Left Behind series, very good. And have read all of Preston and Child's books. (Love me some Pendergast) But, if anyone is looking for a series that will consume you, for me it was The Dark Tower by Stephen King. It's not really horror, like most of his, but more of a fantasy. I started the first one in the 80's, then waited year after year for the rest of them. It's a little out there, sometimes, but you will come to love the characters. I cried for two days after finishing, didn't want to leave my 'friends'. It is NOTHING like the crappy movie. Not even close. Also like the early James Rollins, before the Sigma stuff. When I moved to the mountains, I donated almost 2,000 books to the little library up here. Now I'm wishing I'd kept a few. I love my Kindle, but, I also miss just holding a real book.
4 x

Gypsy

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
I read the Left Behind series, very good. And have read all of Preston and Child's books. (Love me some Pendergast) But, if anyone is looking for a series that will consume you, for me it was The Dark Tower by Stephen King. It's not really horror, like most of his, but more of a fantasy. I started the first one in the 80's, then waited year after year for the rest of them. It's a little out there, sometimes, but you will come to love the characters. I cried for two days after finishing, didn't want to leave my 'friends'. It is NOTHING like the crappy movie. Not even close. Also like the early James Rollins, before the Sigma stuff. When I moved to the mountains, I donated almost 2,000 books to the little library up here. Now I'm wishing I'd kept a few. I love my Kindle, but, I also miss just holding a real book.
@Sam

Not at all !!! I'd rather hold a real book too 🤗 -Gypsy
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hello

I am outside the hospital with my dad in the car! They're not letting anyone in but the patients.
😳

We got here at 6:00 am. They just called us and said my mom came through the procedure fine, and needs about an hour to recover. Then they'll call us and we can go up and wait for them to wheel her out.

Security everywhere and a big red piece of tape outside the doors to the hospital all people must stand behind with two men standing there and two big hand sanitizer stands. It was dark when we got here.

I pray the anesthesia does not impact her vision because reading is her life. After the heart attacks and stents, her vision was quite blurred but got better.

My dad kept reminding her what time it was...I laughed because I heard her say: "Stop it. The more you do that the worse you make it!"

Standing, hovering over her, etc. Of course it makes her nervous and she forgets what she was doing and gets all discomboomerated!

I went in there and she said: "I am so ***BLEEEEEP*** mad at him! I could kill him! One of these days...!"
🤣😂🤣

He's OCD like me. She's NOT AT ALL. Yes, she is very slow going now, but I told him to STOP. He was upsetting her and keeping her from getting ready by "Standing Guard". Or acting like a Drill Sergeant Cuckoo Clock, reminding her of the time every five minutes!

😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆😂

My sis met us here and insisted on staying six feet away. Threw me some hand sanitizer and a can of Lysol!

Who knew? Who knew Lysol and hand sanitizers would be the new Bitcoin. Well, that and toilet paper!
😂

I am grateful the bathrooms are available to us via the elevators inside the parking structure. But I'm thinking we used them in the nick of time because the security for the parking lot wasn't here yet.

Oh nevermind. My dad said it's not the hospital section but administrative offices etc. Phew! Because I'm going to need them again! There are no restaurants open to use!

My sis and I have been talking via emails!

I hugged my mom as they began to whisk her away and told her: "You cannot die yet. I love you. We all love you and we still need you." I leaned in closer and said "You've been and are the best mother ever. I would never want another mom but you." She about started crying but stopped because they began taking her in. From our wheelchair to theirs.
😢

They had masks on, gloves and we're in front in the handicapped parking so we can see them wiping everything clean after it's used. I heard one security guy yell to another "No. Nobody's getting in today."

Makes me wonder if they have a few patients here with the virus!
😳

A woman who had leukemia died from the virus yesterday at their other hospital.
😢

Another hour, then we can take her home. I'm starving. My sister tossed me some single individually wrapped pieces of cheeze. I brought crackers. Also some chocolate cherry pecan nut health type bars for my mom and dad, but I won't touch them because one or two makes me need a toilet.
💩

I don't want my battery to go out so will end it on that. Get it? End? Oh ain't I a card, though!
😊

LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR PRAYERS!

I hope this makes sense, the sun is shining on my screen and I can barely see it. I ordered stuff from A and also ordered...three packs of READERS! All in different strengths! AND CHOCOLATE!

I just asked my dad how long we've been here...FIVE HOURS! It's different here than it usually is, that's for sure. Police and security and everyone in masks. I hope this isn't the "new normal."

Another woman was cussing out her crying child or swearing to herself. I opened the car door and yelled "Heyyyy! Don't you talk to her like that! That's child abuse!" She was turning the corner and ignored me. I was so mad! I hope she was repeating something that was said to her, and not meaning the comments towards her little girl.

Whattt? A woman wearing a mask walking out just came up to the window and I looked up because she had stopped and looked in...she smiled and waved and then kept walking. Oh well...
😳

Maybe she thought we were someone else. We're next to the loading zone. Wait! Maybe she thought I was a famous actress or model! Nahhhhh!

🤣😂😆😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

This is a good hospital but...a lot of different types of people about!
🤣

Battery going! Talk later!

🌺🌸🦋🐱🦋🌸🌺
@Catticus

So glad everything is going well for your mom! She sounds fiesty!

Hopefully the hospital is being extra cautious & wanting to keep their facility virus free. Worst case scenario, if there are possible virus patients within their domain, they are going the extra mile to keep everyone safe.

Wishing you, mom, dad & KittyGlitter a quiet, peaceful night filled with sweet dreams!

Love ((hugs)) & prayers💞
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Mother is home! The first thing she wanted was...?

☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

When we left they were setting huge tents up outside. Preparing for patients with the🦠
😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I'm relieved this pump replacement is over! And they gave her a full tank!
⛽️

Things are certainly different right now. Whenever we left the car I put a throw over...my spray can of Lysol! Didn't want anyone to break a window to nab it! UNBELIEVABLE!

@JewelryQueen I think I posted it was for Friday the 19th. But Friday is the 20th. Sigh. I don't ever know the date anymore! I will be checking the mail! You're my "Auntie" now! Get it? Aunt "T"!
🤗

I'm going to send you something! Handwritten! It may take me awhile because I have carpal tunnel. But I'll stop and then start again!
✍🏼 💌

I REALLY do appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. I told my mom about you all and your prayers for her and she said "Oh, My! Tell them 'Thank You!' "
🌸💕🌺🦋💜👵🏻💜🦋🌺💕🌸
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hello

I am outside the hospital with my dad in the car! They're not letting anyone in but the patients.
😳

We got here at 6:00 am. They just called us and said my mom came through the procedure fine, and needs about an hour to recover. Then they'll call us and we can go up and wait for them to wheel her out.

Security everywhere and a big red piece of tape outside the doors to the hospital all people must stand behind with two men standing there and two big hand sanitizer stands. It was dark when we got here.

I pray the anesthesia does not impact her vision because reading is her life. After the heart attacks and stents, her vision was quite blurred but got better.

My dad kept reminding her what time it was...I laughed because I heard her say: "Stop it. The more you do that the worse you make it!"

Standing, hovering over her, etc. Of course it makes her nervous and she forgets what she was doing and gets all discomboomerated!

I went in there and she said: "I am so ***BLEEEEEP*** mad at him! I could kill him! One of these days...!"
🤣😂🤣

He's OCD like me. She's NOT AT ALL. Yes, she is very slow going now, but I told him to STOP. He was upsetting her and keeping her from getting ready by "Standing Guard". Or acting like a Drill Sergeant Cuckoo Clock, reminding her of the time every five minutes!

😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆😂

My sis met us here and insisted on staying six feet away. Threw me some hand sanitizer and a can of Lysol!

Who knew? Who knew Lysol and hand sanitizers would be the new Bitcoin. Well, that and toilet paper!
😂

I am grateful the bathrooms are available to us via the elevators inside the parking structure. But I'm thinking we used them in the nick of time because the security for the parking lot wasn't here yet.

Oh nevermind. My dad said it's not the hospital section but administrative offices etc. Phew! Because I'm going to need them again! There are no restaurants open to use!

My sis and I have been talking via emails!

I hugged my mom as they began to whisk her away and told her: "You cannot die yet. I love you. We all love you and we still need you." I leaned in closer and said "You've been and are the best mother ever. I would never want another mom but you." She about started crying but stopped because they began taking her in. From our wheelchair to theirs.
😢

They had masks on, gloves and we're in front in the handicapped parking so we can see them wiping everything clean after it's used. I heard one security guy yell to another "No. Nobody's getting in today."

Makes me wonder if they have a few patients here with the virus!
😳

A woman who had leukemia died from the virus yesterday at their other hospital.
😢

Another hour, then we can take her home. I'm starving. My sister tossed me some single individually wrapped pieces of cheeze. I brought crackers. Also some chocolate cherry pecan nut health type bars for my mom and dad, but I won't touch them because one or two makes me need a toilet.
💩

I don't want my battery to go out so will end it on that. Get it? End? Oh ain't I a card, though!
😊

LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR PRAYERS!

I hope this makes sense, the sun is shining on my screen and I can barely see it. I ordered stuff from A and also ordered...three packs of READERS! All in different strengths! AND CHOCOLATE!

I just asked my dad how long we've been here...FIVE HOURS! It's different here than it usually is, that's for sure. Police and security and everyone in masks. I hope this isn't the "new normal."

Another woman was cussing out her crying child or swearing to herself. I opened the car door and yelled "Heyyyy! Don't you talk to her like that! That's child abuse!" She was turning the corner and ignored me. I was so mad! I hope she was repeating something that was said to her, and not meaning the comments towards her little girl.

Whattt? A woman wearing a mask walking out just came up to the window and I looked up because she had stopped and looked in...she smiled and waved and then kept walking. Oh well...
😳

Maybe she thought we were someone else. We're next to the loading zone. Wait! Maybe she thought I was a famous actress or model! Nahhhhh!

🤣😂😆😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

This is a good hospital but...a lot of different types of people about!
🤣

Battery going! Talk later!

🌺🌸🦋🐱🦋🌸🌺
@Catticus

So glad everything is going well for your mom! She sounds fiesty!

Hopefully the hospital is being extra cautious & wanting to keep their facility virus free. Worst case scenario, if there are possible virus patients within their domain, they are going the extra mile to keep everyone safe.

Wishing you, mom, dad & KittyGlitter a quiet, peaceful night filled with sweet dreams!

Love ((hugs)) & prayers💞
Thank you, My Awesome Blossom! 🌺🤗🌺

I told my sister the name "KittyGlitter" and she likes it!

She said sometimes she reads this forum. She said "It's soooo fun!" She was cracking up at some of the funny things you all say and about the question: "Did your sister bring See's?" She got a big kick out of that!

She said "They're all sooooo smart, sooooo interesting and sooooo fun!

I said..."YEP! They sure are! T'was no coincidence that we all met up here!"
💕🌸🌿🌺🦋💕🥰💕🦋🌺🌿🌸💕
4 x