Serenity prayer

Gemsnob

Serenity prayer

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

This is how I choose to go through my life. I pray for wisdom in life decisions and dealing with my girls. I am not afraid of the virus one iota. It doesn't mean I don't take precautions but I am more concerned with what will happen as a RESULT of the virus than the virus itself. God knows what will happen and that's good enough for me. 🙏💓
2 x

CJM

Re: Serenity prayer

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Amen and amen!
2 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Thank you gemsnob. 🌸
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I'm not afraid but I am concerned, Im being careful. I worry for others that are more susceptible to this virus. I worry for both my son and brother who have jobs that put them at high risk to contract virus. I worry that the protective equipment that they need to do thier jobs wont be available. And I worry about the financial hardships that people are facing because of this virus. -Gypsy
7 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not afraid but I am concerned, Im being careful. I worry for others that are more susceptible to this virus. I worry for both my son and brother who have jobs that put them at high risk to contract virus. I worry that the protective equipment that they need to do thier jobs wont be available. And I worry about the financial hardships that people are facing because of this virus. -Gypsy
Anything can happen but I refuse to be a prisoner to fear. It's all out of my control except what happens in my house... God doesn't wish for us to be afraid. HE knows what will happen.
5 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Thank you GEMSNOB I have very bad lungs and I am 64 years old.🙏😒
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

All we can do is take precautions & put it in God's hands...they're never too full💞
4 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I really miss going to church. I know you can pray anywhere but it's not the same. I don't think God would let you get sick of you attend mass, especially this being the holiest time of all Easter season.
1 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
This is just my opinion, but I think God expects us to do what is necessary in this crisis, for he is the one who created us and knows the peeps who have the knowledge to get us through will guide us. There is a scripture that says we are not to put our God to the test. So for me I believe we are supposed to stay at home to have a care for ourselves, plus care for others by not going out and infecting them or getting infected and spreading it. I do believe praying anywhere is same as in a building, because to me church is God's people, for we ARE the church, not a building. But u can still stay connected to church family and pray together in that way.
I never implied that I thought God was protecting me. I also don't believe God causes these things. Satan rules the earth. I simply said I'm not afraid. Whatever happens will happen. I can control how I respond and prepare. I hand everything else to God. I don't think fear, anxiety and depression will do anything except lower your ability to fight the virus.🙏💕
2 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not sure where this is coming from anymore, but I posted in response to what Kitty posted, just stating my opinion, so didn't involve u in any way, as I was posting in reply to kitty's post. So, since this is your thread, I am no longer going to respond. But I do want to say this: u have to know the bible and the meaning of its scripture to understand it, the part about we are not supposed to put God to the test means not do it deliberately. For example, I know I can't ride my motorcycle good yet, and was told to wear helmet, but I don't want to, so God u just protect me. I certainly do believe that God protects me, even angels. But everyone has free will to make their own choices, and sometimes the bad choices hurt us, and yeah is not God's wish for that to happen. Anyways....sorry if u thot I directed anything at u. Didn't direct anything at anyone, thot we could post our opinions is all.
I'm not sure what you mean. Don't we all comment on threads when we aren't talked to directly? I'd never post anything if I waited for people to speak to me directly.
1 x