The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post Reply
JewelryQueen
Posts: 2012
Joined: 11 months ago

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by JewelryQueen » 8 months ago

Washington State Sunday 03/22/2020

Let's go with the good first. 50,000 N95 masks arrived in Seattle as donated by the CEO of Tesla. He didn't know the University Of Washington Hospital address and he knew time was of the essence, so he had them sent to the address of a doctor who works there. The doc put them in the garage... and people started showing up with donations from their personal and business contracting projects to contribute more of them. For right now we have enough ventilators, but the problem being the hospitals do not have enough doctors and respiration therapists to operate them. The Governor is suggesting they "graduate" those doctors in the last two months of their programs to help fill the gap as he says "What difference will 2 months make. We need them now!" Not a bad idea considering the circumstances. If you are easily depressed quit reading now.

The bad is that "at least" 98 people int this state have died from Covid19 and they expect that before this day is over there will be at least 2,000 confirmed cases in my beloved state.

The ugly: The Health Dept has been working on a triage plan for when our health care system is overwhelmed. This is now estimated to be a week to 10 days, depending on how successful social distancing is working. It is pretty much the standard crisis triage, but I have not wanted to face it just yet. Based on the criteria of age, health, and likelihood of survival, resources will be allocated (ventilators, etc), and "full care" will be given to the most likely to survive (insert younger and healthier persons here). The others (read old and or frail) will receive "comfort" care with the expectation they will die.

Sissy and I, and frankly all of you must BE EXTREMELY VIGILANT AND CAREFUL, because it sounds like if we get this they are just going to put us on the ice floes and push us out to sea. We will be toast. End of story, Kaput.
6 x

Amy
Posts: 422
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Amy » 8 months ago

Jewelry queen : you’re gonna be ok. Try to stay calm & do something to take your mind off this for a while. Think positive, hang tough & pray 🙏🏻 . God is watching over all of us. 🌸
5 x

Catticus
Posts: 1447
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Catticus » 8 months ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
8 months ago
Washington State Sunday 03/22/2020

Let's go with the good first. 50,000 N95 masks arrived in Seattle as donated by the CEO of Tesla. He didn't know the University Of Washington Hospital address and he knew time was of the essence, so he had them sent to the address of a doctor who works there. The doc put them in the garage... and people started showing up with donations from their personal and business contracting projects to contribute more of them. For right now we have enough ventilators, but the problem being the hospitals do not have enough doctors and respiration therapists to operate them. The Governor is suggesting they "graduate" those doctors in the last two months of their programs to help fill the gap as he says "What difference will 2 months make. We need them now!" Not a bad idea considering the circumstances. If you are easily depressed quit reading now.

The bad is that "at least" 98 people int this state have died from Covid19 and they expect that before this day is over there will be at least 2,000 confirmed cases in my beloved state.

The ugly: The Health Dept has been working on a triage plan for when our health care system is overwhelmed. This is now estimated to be a week to 10 days, depending on how successful social distancing is working. It is pretty much the standard crisis triage, but I have not wanted to face it just yet. Based on the criteria of age, health, and likelihood of survival, resources will be allocated (ventilators, etc), and "full care" will be given to the most likely to survive (insert younger and healthier persons here). The others (read old and or frail) will receive "comfort" care with the expectation they will die.

Sissy and I, and frankly all of you must BE EXTREMELY VIGILANT AND CAREFUL, because it sounds like if we get this they are just going to put us on the ice floes and push us out to sea. We will be toast. End of story, Kaput.
My mother's doctor told her several years ago that the elderly would most likely be "placed on a raft and pushed out to sea."

We agreed with him. I am not surprised at all after reading your post. I actually expected this.
6 x

User avatar
Gemsnob
Posts: 2289
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Gemsnob » 8 months ago

"They" sure know a lot about a virus that is new. How long we would be contagious, that you can only get it once. It's evident to me that this isn't what they say. It's easy to control people if they wipe out the elderly ( which have more sense than most young people) and men over 50. What we are subjected to now will become regular protocol.. . Big Brother is getting what He wants because we are all falling in line like good little soldiers who aren't allowed to ask questions.
4 x

Catticus
Posts: 1447
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Catticus » 8 months ago

Gemsnob wrote:
8 months ago
"They" sure know a lot about a virus that is new. How long we would be contagious, that you can only get it once. It's evident to me that this isn't what they say. It's easy to control people if they wipe out the elderly ( which have more sense than most young people) and men over 50. What we are subjected to now will become regular protocol.. . Big Brother is getting what He wants because we are all falling in line like good little soldiers who aren't allowed to ask questions.
@Gemsnob

I know. My brother-in-law said he's never felt the way he did when he was feeling out of breath in Jan or Feb. He said he couldn't take a deep breath. He felt very tired.

He's absolutely fine now.

If it was COVID-19, it means I and my whole family, including his, have already been VERY CLOSELY exposed. He has made different types of dishes for us to eat. He's spent time here, using our towels, hugging us hello and goodbye. All before the 20 second hand washing, the 6 foot distancing, the wiping down of containers, and so on.
3 x

JewelryQueen
Posts: 2012
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by JewelryQueen » 8 months ago

Speaking of which, did you all know that there are 2 very very sightly different forms of this virus? Talk about a closely held secret. You can get one and if you survive you will have immunity, but you can still get the second one. I found this little gem deeply buried in a technical medical virology paper. I know the powers that be do not want to panic the populace, but I for one would be less panicked if we could get the whole story. I still say forewarned is forearmed. There will be many who make it from one form, think they are home scott free and be careless...only to fall to the second.
4 x

Catticus
Posts: 1447
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Catticus » 8 months ago

Gemsnob wrote:
8 months ago
"They" sure know a lot about a virus that is new. How long we would be contagious, that you can only get it once. It's evident to me that this isn't what they say.
It's easy to control people if they wipe out the elderly ( which have more sense than most young people) and men over 50. What we are subjected to now will become regular protocol.. . Big Brother is getting what He wants because we are all falling in line like good little soldiers who aren't allowed to ask questions.
Ain't that the truth.

I'm not saying I know for sure. But when this started, I told my sister and parents that this was a way of getting "rid of" the older generation, and the infirm.

That it reminds me of N@zi, Germany AND the way the "H!tler Youth" acted towards the elderly and infirm in N@zi, Germany.
5 x

CJM
Posts: 488
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by CJM » 8 months ago

That’s what is happening in Italy. The doctors are so overwhelmed that they are not treating the elderly; they let them perish and treat the younger patients. Very very scary and sad. I’m hoping this malaria drug will be available for all the ill.
6 x

Catticus
Posts: 1447
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Catticus » 8 months ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
8 months ago
Speaking of which, did you all know that there are 2 very very sightly different forms of this virus? Talk about a closely held secret. You can get one and if you survive you will have immunity, but you can still get the second one. I found this little gem deeply buried in a technical medical virology paper. I know the powers that be do not want to panic the populace, but I for one would be less panicked if we could get the whole story. I still say forewarned is forearmed. There will be many who make it from one form, think they are home scott free and be careless...only to fall to the second.
Yes. Two strains.

I also believe those who survive it could also have possible lung damage from it.
3 x

Boston Irish
Posts: 412
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Boston Irish » 8 months ago

Has anyone ever watched Soylent Green the movie? 1973 😙
3 x

Post Reply