The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

JewelryQueen

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Boston Irish

Yes!!!! One of my top ten favorite movies of all time.
2 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

There are other good things we can be somewhat glad about during this. Its not happening during Christmas. How horrible that would be. It's not 100 degrees outside so there's no power outages and we can still open our windows. It's not fire season yet, (I live in a high risk fire area ). So, I choose to be thankful for the little things and hope for the best. I have to. I've been in that hole called depression and it's so easy to fall over the edge. But I have faith, and if we all do our part in staying home for a while to stop the spread, we can do this. I also refuse to believe doctors would pick and choose who to treat. Sorry if I don't agree with some of you, but that's how I feel. I'm just as scared as everyone else. Even more so because I'm in my 60's, have respiratory problems, and am a recent cancer survivor. Guess I could just use a little more good news, than bad.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I am not saying it is a conspiracy. What I mean is that it could happen as I have thought, because of how so many in this broken world think today. That it might be a part of the end times.

The way it appears it will "play out", with the ones who are more likely to live receiving the care, goes against the physican's "Hippocratic Oath."

To me, this is not ethical or moral.

Being "ethical" or "moral" is a choice. And not one I feel the majority would choose.

That is all. I'm not upset for myself at all. However, I certainly do not feel it is right.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

It's not that doctors will refuse to treat, it's that insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid will decide what they will cover and what they won't.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Well, it WAS reported that in Italy they did have to make the choices of who lives and who dies because they didn't have enough supplies to go around, so if that is true, they were choices that they were forced to make, as would anyone do if they had no other choice. Not enough med supplies, people will die. I am not trying to panic anyone, but I too prefer the truth. But that is exactly why we need to do all that we can to survive and not get infected. And in my case, certainly I pray to God for I have 100% trust in Him. We just have to rock steady and get through this. I freak out off and on too, it gets to me, but I have faith, and I will never loose hope. And I have worked for physicians doing billing and coding, and I have never seen them not treat someone when it was a medical necessity because of what their insurance wouldn't cover. But the problem in all of this comes when there are too many infected with not enough supplies to go around (ventilators, meds, gloves, masks, beds, etc.). So we need to flatten that curve.
@Rolltide

I know, Rolltide. 🌺

I have worked with physicians. I do know physicians who do not adhere to what insurance companies will cover or not cover, who treat as many people as possible regardless of age, insurance, or lack of.

I don't believe any one person is to blame. I don't believe "he" (you know who I mean) is involved in any type of conspiracy.

We can only try our best to keep from infecting others, and stand together, helping others whenever we can, during this time (and during any time.)

As neighbors helping other neighbors. As strangers helping other strangers.

I believe God has TOTAL control over EVERYTHING. If something appears awful, yet He allows it, it is because He has a reason. We may never understand until we "see" Him, "face to face" when our bodies die.

In my opinion, a God who can be understood by humans, is no God.

Have a peaceful sleep tonight, everyone. Remember that God is working. He doesn't sleep. He's "on the clock" 24/7!

✨🕊🌟😊🌟🕊✨
3 x

JewelryQueen

Get a grip people. If there is one ventilator available and two people who need it-- and one is 70, not contributing to the gross national product and has an underlying condition and so may have a 50/50 chance to make it even with the ventilator, and a young woman who is working is otherwise healthy and has two children to take care of, who does the ventilator go to? Boy that's a ponderment huh?
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Tonight is the first time this week that I've logged in. It has been a week of crisis for my mother with two ER visits in one week, with me rushing to see her briefly in transport of an ambulance, and me getting her the heck out of rehab asap, but I was treated like I didn't "understand" treatment and the virus. "Protecting" mom and others is the new excuse to NO TREATMENT for ELDERLY. Peeking in her window, I saw her alone, with NO ANTIBIOTIC OR FLUID INFUSIONS, NO OXYGEN, and her not responding. I went bananas. It happened twice. She was bounced from rehab to hospital, hospital to rehab so FAST I couldn't catch up enough to get her discharged TO ME! People and paper work WOULD NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER WITH EXCUSE OF COVID-19!

It is a very bad time to be sick with anything much less if you are sick and are old. My mother has been treated very poorly by the medical field and I have never fought and raised more hello in my entire life than I have about her medical treatment and I happened to know "just enough" to discuss treatment and options as they were NOT going to offer anything unless I mentioned it. Both the rehab center and hospital was on lock down and would not allow me inside and I wouldn't take NO for an answer. I have a long long story to tell but I can't begin it tonight. I will tell you that mom was transported by ambulance home today, by the Grace of God,and because I couldn't get good info and not being able to see her, she was discharged with regular home health care. Tomorrow morning, I will switch to hospice. She has declined tremendously AND she has been traumatised by being left alone and not given medical attention. She didn't eat either. I will be legally pursuing this.

This Covid-19, Wuhan, Chinese virus has more unsettling things going on that will forever change our healthcare for the worse I'm here to tell you and I'm furious. Here in Alabama, and my experience this week and what I was told, they want to keep EVERYONE out of the hospital and I was told that people are being discharged earlier than they normal for whatever their illness/injury is - just to keep COVID-19 patients which I 100% believe are ONLY for the young or young family. Everyone else, go home, isolate and good luck. That's how they treated my very sick mother. I HAD to accept this for mom and her being home with me is better than being neglected and pushed out of treatment. THIS IS A DIRTY ROTTEN BUSINESS folks. Yes, mom is older and has health problems - but she was not given a thoughtful, meaningful medical treatment she deserves - and are successfully doing this as they will not allow anyone, NO ONE, to visit their loved ones. My mother has declined more in one week than I can express.

Sorry to be a downer folks, but the game of getting real treatment for older folks unless you are RICH and WELL-CONNECTED are what is I believe is new norm. If so, we are screwed. I'm sickened.

I'm sorry I've not been on but literally, this week has been the worst week ever. This virus stinks to high heaven of a more sinister plan.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

And God is merciful but I've been up close and personal ALL week with our healthcare and what is REALLY happening. Getting a grip is knowing that you must meet certain criteria that is not spoken outright but it's dang obvious if you are "chosen" to be treated even if you have the BEST insurance - as my mom has.

God bless us all.
6 x

JewelryQueen

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

There are quite simply no words to express how saddened I am by what you and your mom have been through. She must have been terrified to be alone, and you have every right to be incensed by her not receiving medical care, not even food. If this is the "comfort care" being prescribed in lieu of aggressive treatment, may God have mercy on us. Thank you for taking time out of your chaotic and painful experience to check in. We have all been very worried about you and your mother. Sounds like we had every reason to be.

For those doubting Thomas' it may interest you to know that the "Modern" Hippocratic Oath in use for over 20 years says, for the most part "I swear to fulfill to the best of my ability and judgment this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow." Nowhere does it mention treating all patients equally regardless of their ability to pay, social class, education. race, or age. As of 1989 approximately 1/2 of medical schools use any form of the Hippocratic Oath at all and only 20% of physicians who did take the oath felt the oath significantly affected the way they practice medicine. Nevertheless I feel most physicians do the best they can with the resources available. But when resources are limited hard choices must be made.

SINCERELY-- I am not trying to terrify, make you lose hope, or depress you. I really just want to bring the truth of this situation to you in the belief that we all will take seriously the scope of this threat, and therefore be as cautious, careful, and aware as possible so that we, The Tribe can survive this crisis intact.

I love you with my heart and soul
JQ
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
And God is merciful but I've been up close and personal ALL week with our healthcare and what is REALLY happening. Getting a grip is knowing that you must meet certain criteria that is not spoken outright but it's dang obvious if you are "chosen" to be treated even if you have the BEST insurance - as my mom has.

God bless us all.
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

I am so sorry for what your mom and you have been forced to endure. Please stay strong.🙏 Love you and am praying for you both 🙏💜 -Gypsy
4 x