The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
By the way, I just made my avatar but it didn't offer a dimples, wrinkles, better hair, more skin tones, more lips either. I may do another one if I find the time. In other words, I look more aged that this avator lol! Add about 30 years to it.
OSOTT,
YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Aww, shucks, thank you, sweet Blossom! I think you are beautiful too, inside out! I love you!!! You are so kind. <3
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
By the way, I just made my avatar but it didn't offer a dimples, wrinkles, better hair, more skin tones, more lips either. I may do another one if I find the time. In other words, I look more aged that this avator lol! Add about 30 years to it.
OSOTT,
YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Aww, shucks, thank you, sweet Blossom! I think you are beautiful too, inside out! I love you!!! You are so kind. <3
Well since we're being honest...(in Danielle's words 'for transparency')

Add some years to my avatar too!

Love you OSOTT!
((Hugs)) & prayers to you, your mom & all the Tribe & their loved ones💞
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

OSOTT, I am so sorry for what you and your mother have been through. There was NO excuse for your mother's treatment. ( or anyones for that matter ) That was soooo barbaric. I am glad you got a chance to witness what was happening, as painful as it was. It caused you to remove her from that "treatment", which was basically to just let her die. I feel so bad for your mother..... how frightened and so alone she must have felt. I really feel for those residents that don't have family that don't or can't visit... much less intervene and advocate for their family members. Things might have been so different for your mom and others if this ugly virus wasn't here. I pray for you and you mother. Caregiving can be a biotch Just putting the truth out there. As much as we love them, it's okay not to like the situation that we are in. I love my mother with all my heart... but I admit, sometimes my mind wonders back to the time when my life was my normal. When I worked, had my house just to me and hubs. When my every waking hour wasn't taking care of mom and her needs. But...mom is here, she needs care - it is what it is. It's my new "normal". Such às this Coronavirus is what it is. It is a harsh reality that it is going to spread. Millions will be infected. ( We are all already affected.... look at how we are living now ) If we don't get needed equipment and medications.... there will be some harsh decisions to be made. It's a sad, sad fact that the weak and infirmed will be the last to get treatment. I don't think it's a conspiracy... it's just fact. It's scary. But, I am refusing to live my life ( or what may be left of it ) in fear. I will do whatever I can to protect myself and mine. But whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. Our days of life were preordained before our birth. If you believe in Our Heavenly Father, that's the way it has to be. Please everyone... be safe. Hunker in place... leave only when you need too. If you have it... wear it. Love to all. Peace Out..... Angelflutter
7 x

Blossom

With my rear at home, I've just made chili, while it's still chilly! Gonna turn it on low, stir occasionally & let it cook all afternoon.

Hope everyone has a safe day & food to eat. Prayers for those who struggle.🙏💞🙏
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
OSOTT, I am so sorry for what you and your mother have been through. There was NO excuse for your mother's treatment. ( or anyones for that matter ) That was soooo barbaric. I am glad you got a chance to witness what was happening, as painful as it was. It caused you to remove her from that "treatment", which was basically to just let her die. I feel so bad for your mother..... how frightened and so alone she must have felt. I really feel for those residents that don't have family that don't or can't visit... much less intervene and advocate for their family members. Things might have been so different for your mom and others if this ugly virus wasn't here. I pray for you and you mother. Caregiving can be a biotch Just putting the truth out there. As much as we love them, it's okay not to like the situation that we are in. I love my mother with all my heart... but I admit, sometimes my mind wonders back to the time when my life was my normal. When I worked, had my house just to me and hubs. When my every waking hour wasn't taking care of mom and her needs. But...mom is here, she needs care - it is what it is. It's my new "normal". Such às this Coronavirus is what it is. It is a harsh reality that it is going to spread. Millions will be infected. ( We are all already affected.... look at how we are living now ) If we don't get needed equipment and medications.... there will be some harsh decisions to be made. It's a sad, sad fact that the weak and infirmed will be the last to get treatment. I don't think it's a conspiracy... it's just fact. It's scary. But, I am refusing to live my life ( or what may be left of it ) in fear. I will do whatever I can to protect myself and mine. But whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. Our days of life were preordained before our birth. If you believe in Our Heavenly Father, that's the way it has to be. Please everyone... be safe. Hunker in place... leave only when you need too. If you have it... wear it. Love to all. Peace Out..... Angelflutter
Beautifully said, Angelflutter. I do believe in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit and I believe that when our time comes and God calls us home, it was the exact and perfect time. NOT OUR TIME but our Lords. I don't believe God makes mistakes when it comes to this. There is no accident. However, I am very worried about how this virus will change our healthcare for ALL Americans young and old. I could not live with myself if I did not give my very best care to my mother to the best of my ability. Hospice is coming in a bit and it's so hard but I know her care will be even better. It does mean that there will be no more trips to the hospital (why? I just witnessed how they are not giving treatment) and that even her IV antibiotics will not be given anymore. Her body is worn out. I've been sleeping beside her and holding her. She mumbles a lot, then clearly, then back to a language I don't know. I know she is in the process. I know last week took weeks off of her life - but then again, God is in control. She will pass when God decides - and that IS comforting because I know God doesn't make mistakes. Praise Be to God.

This time in my life, since my husband died, until now, has been very sad. I pray that I can recover from the sadness and somehow move forward and start over. START OVER....omg. How? Where? Who am I? My identity is "who knows?" Thank you and everyone for prayers for us. It's a delicate, intimate, emotional time for mom and I . I dread the hospice nurse coming and asking the hard questions. I dread today but I will be glad once the nurse leaves and mom is registered.

Thank you all for listening.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@OSOTT

my heart is breaking for you 💔
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Beautifully said, Angelflutter. I do believe in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit and I believe that when our time comes and God calls us home, it was the exact and perfect time. NOT OUR TIME but our Lords. I don't believe God makes mistakes when it comes to this. There is no accident. However, I am very worried about how this virus will change our healthcare for ALL Americans young and old. I could not live with myself if I did not give my very best care to my mother to the best of my ability. Hospice is coming in a bit and it's so hard but I know her care will be even better. It does mean that there will be no more trips to the hospital (why? I just witnessed how they are not giving treatment) and that even her IV antibiotics will not be given anymore. Her body is worn out. I've been sleeping beside her and holding her. She mumbles a lot, then clearly, then back to a language I don't know. I know she is in the process. I know last week took weeks off of her life - but then again, God is in control. She will pass when God decides - and that IS comforting because I know God doesn't make mistakes. Praise Be to God.

This time in my life, since my husband died, until now, has been very sad. I pray that I can recover from the sadness and somehow move forward and start over. START OVER....omg. How? Where? Who am I? My identity is "who knows?" Thank you and everyone for prayers for us. It's a delicate, intimate, emotional time for mom and I . I dread the hospice nurse coming and asking the hard questions. I dread today but I will be glad once the nurse leaves and mom is registered.

OSOTT,
I cannot begin to imagine what you've been through and are going through. I'm sorry this is happening. You are very strong but that doesn't mean you don't feel sad, lonely and tired. Please know that you are very loved here. Take the time you need to be with your mom. She is blessed to have you. Take care. 💓
6 x

Blossom

4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago

OSOTT,
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your mom. I KNOW how difficult it is watching her fade. Yes, God knows when our time is gone. When my mom passed (19 yrs after my dad) I was very depressed & felt like an orphan. It's not anything we get over, we just learn to cope. God will help.🙏

Please know you have no regrets. You are doing the very best you can & that's all any one can do. She's so blessed to have you there by her side. Stay strong as long as she needs you. God will help.🙏

Love you OSOTT 💞
7 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

@OtherSideOfTheTracks
Angels are comforting and loving beings,
and they will always come in a way that makes us feel comforted
and supported. Open yourself up to a miracle. Not all prayers
need to be formalized for angels to help. Sometimes an intention
for help is all we need for the angels to bring in their love and light.
Angles never want to see us suffer, and so, often, when we are in
a place of desperation and need, they will bring an answer in any
way that they see fit.
Love and prayers, honey
6 x

Sherrilnj

Post by Sherrilnj » 4 years ago

One only has to look at Canada and Venezuela as areas of the world where, "socialized" medicine does not work. Ask a Canadian or a person living in the UK what they think of their health care, and how long it takes to get an appointment. I never want to live in a country where medical decisions are based on the age or condition of the person. I pray we find a vaccine for this virus.
5 x