The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Gemsnob

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Get a grip? It's disturbing that anyone would play God with human lives. This is setting a precedence going forward. If they can decide who's life holds more value now, expect it from here on out. They are redefining "pandemic". Every flu season can be called a pandemic. After this, we can never go back to the way things were before.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Get a grip? It's disturbing that anyone would play God with human lives. This is setting a precedence going forward. If they can decide who's life holds more value now, expect it from here on out. They are redefining "pandemic". Every flu season can be called a pandemic. After this, we can never go back to the way things were before.
I'm sorry for the "get a grip" - as it was not intended to be offensive....I'm not even sure why I chose those words except to emphasize exactly how you worded in the above post MUCH BETTER than I. I wrote it late and I'm on no sleep. I'm angry and disgusted at what is going on. But in no way am I trying to flame up to anyone by my perception/experience. I apologize for saying it. I guess I want everyone to know how horrible things were for me and mom - the truth of what is going on.

Love to everyone....xoxox
4 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sorry for the "get a grip" - as it was not intended to be offensive....I'm not even sure why I chose those words except to emphasize exactly how you worded in the above post MUCH BETTER than I. I wrote it late and I'm on no sleep. I'm angry and disgusted at what is going on. But in no way am I trying to flame up to anyone by my perception/experience. I apologize for saying it. I guess I want everyone to know how horrible things were for me and mom - the truth of what is going on.

You were responding to someone else that said "get a grip" and I was too.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

There are quite simply no words to express how saddened I am by what you and your mom have been through. She must have been terrified to be alone, and you have every right to be incensed by her not receiving medical care, not even food. If this is the "comfort care" being prescribed in lieu of aggressive treatment, may God have mercy on us. Thank you for taking time out of your chaotic and painful experience to check in. We have all been very worried about you and your mother. Sounds like we had every reason to be.

For those doubting Thomas' it may interest you to know that the "Modern" Hippocratic Oath in use for over 20 years says, for the most part "I swear to fulfill to the best of my ability and judgment this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow." Nowhere does it mention treating all patients equally regardless of their ability to pay, social class, education. race, or age. As of 1989 approximately 1/2 of medical schools use any form of the Hippocratic Oath at all and only 20% of physicians who did take the oath felt the oath significantly affected the way they practice medicine. Nevertheless I feel most physicians do the best they can with the resources available. But when resources are limited hard choices must be made.

SINCERELY-- I am not trying to terrify, make you lose hope, or depress you. I really just want to bring the truth of this situation to you in the belief that we all will take seriously the scope of this threat, and therefore be as cautious, careful, and aware as possible so that we, The Tribe can survive this crisis intact.

I love you with my heart and soul
JQ
JQ, thank you my sweet friend. I love YOU with all my heart and soul as well. I love everyone here and I miss you all.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Boy, you know me so well. I was responding to that late last night and completely forgot but reading back - yeah. Thanks, my friend. You are always so spot on. I love you dearly.

Forgive me I'm mushy right now. I'm saying "I love you" A LOT and mean it. Love to all.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

By the way, I just made my avatar but it didn't offer a dimples, wrinkles, better hair, more skin tones, more lips either. I may do another one if I find the time. In other words, I look more aged that this avator lol! Add about 30 years to it.
4 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

There are quite simply no words to express how saddened I am by what you and your mom have been through. She must have been terrified to be alone, and you have every right to be incensed by her not receiving medical care, not even food. If this is the "comfort care" being prescribed in lieu of aggressive treatment, may God have mercy on us. Thank you for taking time out of your chaotic and painful experience to check in. We have all been very worried about you and your mother. Sounds like we had every reason to be.

For those doubting Thomas' it may interest you to know that the "Modern" Hippocratic Oath in use for over 20 years says, for the most part "I swear to fulfill to the best of my ability and judgment this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow." Nowhere does it mention treating all patients equally regardless of their ability to pay, social class, education. race, or age. As of 1989 approximately 1/2 of medical schools use any form of the Hippocratic Oath at all and only 20% of physicians who did take the oath felt the oath significantly affected the way they practice medicine. Nevertheless I feel most physicians do the best they can with the resources available. But when resources are limited hard choices must be made.

SINCERELY-- I am not trying to terrify, make you lose hope, or depress you. I really just want to bring the truth of this situation to you in the belief that we all will take seriously the scope of this threat, and therefore be as cautious, careful, and aware as possible so that we, The Tribe can survive this crisis intact.

I love you with my heart and soul
JQ
[/quote
As a Christian and American citizen, I don't believe in putting value on one life as opposed to another. The Constitution says we are all equal. It doesn't say we are all equal until a pandemic hits. No one is doubting. Some can just see the forest through the trees. I actually think this is a "dry run" to see how people respond. They can't say it's a pandemic in one breath then say don't hoard things and save masks for those in the medical field. If the Hippocratic Oath doesn't say treat everyone then it goes both ways. If I want masks and can find them, I'll buy them.
3 x

Gemsnob

4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Boy, you know me so well. I was responding to that late last night and completely forgot but reading back - yeah. Thanks, my friend. You are always so spot on. I love you dearly.

Forgive me I'm mushy right now. I'm saying "I love you" A LOT and mean it. Love to all.
No need to apologise and I love your mushiness! Please take care and hang in there. Your mom is very fortunate to have you. ❤️
4 x

Gemsnob

Pandemic- occurring over wide geographical area and effecting large segment of population. What's happening now only meets one of the criteria. It's not a pandemic.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
By the way, I just made my avatar but it didn't offer a dimples, wrinkles, better hair, more skin tones, more lips either. I may do another one if I find the time. In other words, I look more aged that this avator lol! Add about 30 years to it.
OSOTT,
YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
4 x