Tuesday (3/24) coffee ☕☕☕

JewelryQueen

Re: Tuesday (3/24) coffee ☕☕☕

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Time for the dreaded Washington State Update:

Good news, bad news. Good news is that the numbers remain the same officially as yesterday. The bad news is that the reason for this is because the State Department of Health's data base has been overwhelmed so they can provide no statistics for today. We do know that one of the least affected counties had 5 deaths today.

Related topic--12 jail prisoners in the state escaped from jail. The reason for their desperate escape plan was because with the overcrowding they figured they were sitting ducks if even 1 of their compadres became ill they would be goners. Last I heard 6 are still on the loose. Can't say as I blame them.

More good news--300 medical personnel from Fort Carson Colorado have been deployed to Washington state to assist with our crises.

UPDATE THE UPDATE local news station just reported 128 deaths and 2,479 confirmed cases here.

JQ update over and out
3 x

JewelryQueen

Update of the update's update:

The King County Executive has just announced that in an attempt to reduce the risk of of an outbreak they are releasing 600 nonviolent offenders from my county's two jails. Those on work release will go to work and then go home. The rest will be released and will serve the remainder of their sentences after the Covid19 danger has passed (yeah right). Oh boy!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Update of the update's update:

The King County Executive has just announced that in an attempt to reduce the risk of of an outbreak they are releasing 600 nonviolent offenders from my county's two jails. Those on work release will go to work and then go home. The rest will be released and will serve the remainder of their sentences after the Covid19 danger has passed (yeah right). Oh boy!
But where will they work?
2 x

JewelryQueen

@Blossom

The 180 or so on work release already have jobs. They leave the jail in the morning, go to work (their employers confirm they show up) work all day and then go back to the jail to sleep. Keeps them off the street and presumably out of trouble at night.

This way they just go home and no one knows what they are doing in their off time from work.
2 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

The 180 or so on work release already have jobs. They leave the jail in the morning, go to work (their employers confirm they show up) work all day and then go back to the jail to sleep. Keeps them off the street and presumably out of trouble at night.

This way they just go home and no one knows what they are doing in their off time from work.
Maybe the jobs they have won't be postponed due to virus & they'll be accounted for during that time at least. Still...I wouldn't be happy about it. Who knows, it may happen everywhere :shock:
2 x

Blossom

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for all the prayers, everyone. I made it through lol. I was praying without ceasing, and all of a sudden I was so exhausted I went to sleep (that never happens in storm), so our prayers and my sheer exhaustion, God put me out. I woke up just before 9:00 and it was over. The storms had come all around my town but did not touch us. God is so good, and I am so thankful. Will live to fight another day. Love, Rolltide
I know yhe storms in your area looked menacing. Glad you let us know & sooo thankful all is ok!💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

@Rolltide
@Blossom

Thanks be to Jesus you are alright!! This sounds kind of whoo whoo but I sometimes get premonitions about things and I "felt" you and Blossom would be OK. Not right all the time, but about 95%.

Take care until the daylight comes

Love

JQ
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Hi everyone! Rolltide I'm glad you are fine through those storms. I too get anxious in storms but northern Alabama does have doozies for storms.

I want to tell Rolltide and everyone that I broke the code to getting a time-slot for pickup or delivery at WalMart! Get your order ready and at one second after midnight, the new schedule is added and you can pick and choose your time! I hope that helps!

My day has been filled and busy. Since I got mom a hospital bed through hospice, they moved her queen bed over to the windows and we had enough for the bed with enough space on either side. It's already a HUGE improvement in making it easier on me to care for her.

I pray everyone is blessed. Love to all!.

Good night! <3
4 x

JewelryQueen

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

What good news that you have been granted the means to more easily care for your mom. I bet she is more comfortable as well. Hang in there--and thanks for the post so mamsan can rest easy.

I wish you both healing, relaxing sleep and pleasant dreams.

You know my prayers are with you.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

@Rolltide,
I'm so relieved the storm blew over and you are
safe and unscathed. You were so weary that you
just fell asleep. :) God's good!!
(((hugs)))

@OtherSideOfTheTracks
Wishing you God's richest blessings as you are