Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) - masks, etc

scoobydoo

Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) - masks, etc

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Hello, kiddos, I finally have weigh in (yeah, been just trolling for the last few months)

Reading all the posts about the N95 masks SO infuriated me. And then I just received an email from one of the vendors we use for ranch tools and equipment and knew I had to make a post in the forum. The company is Harbor Freight and they are all over Texas, I'm not sure if they're in other states. At any rate, here is a direct quote from that email, with the subject 'Help Us Help Your Hospitals':

"As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment (emphasis is mine) items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves"

They went on much further and asked their customers to notify them of hospitals in need. And that their teams would follow up and contact those places, themselves, to send them vouchers for picking up the PPE supplies. "We're going to donate everything we've got."

How's THAT, ShopLC, for how a company should be doing business!! Shame, shame, shame on you for not doing the same for your fellow citizens. That puts you right up there with companies that are price gouging. (At least in *those* cases, the government said they'd be fully prosecuted for such shady practice.) I'm just simply dumbfounded by LC's attitude and you'll never see another of MY dollars again.
10 x

Gypsy

Re: Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) - masks, etc

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Hello, kiddos, I finally have weigh in (yeah, been just trolling for the last few months)

Reading all the posts about the N95 masks SO infuriated me. And then I just received an email from one of the vendors we use for ranch tools and equipment and knew I had to make a post in the forum. The company is Harbor Freight and they are all over Texas, I'm not sure if they're in other states. At any rate, here is a direct quote from that email, with the subject 'Help Us Help Your Hospitals':

"As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment (emphasis is mine) items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves"

They went on much further and asked their customers to notify them of hospitals in need. And that their teams would follow up and contact those places, themselves, to send them vouchers for picking up the PPE supplies. "We're going to donate everything we've got."

How's THAT, ShopLC, for how a company should be doing business!! Shame, shame, shame on you for not doing the same for your fellow citizens. That puts you right up there with companies that are price gouging. (At least in *those* cases, the government said they'd be fully prosecuted for such shady practice.) I'm just simply dumbfounded by LC's attitude and you'll never see another of MY dollars again.
Well Harbor Frieght just stepped it up didnt they. I applaud them. And thank them for helping.-Gypsy
11 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--
Kudos by the bushel basket to Harbor Freight!!!! Way to go!!
8 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Harbor Freight is everywhere. ;)

KUDOS HARBOR FREIGHT

thanks for the info Scoobydoo!
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

WTG Harbor Freight!
7 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Where is a thumbs up emoji when ya want one?? Thank you Harbor Freight....
8 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Harbor Freight
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Thank you Harbor Freight❤️
My kids are in the medical field and I and they really appreciate your donations.
Being that schools are closed, so SLC cant donate meals they claim to donate, maybe they can use the same 10 cents toward donating N95 masks to Hospitals. PLEASE 🙏🏻
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Thank you Harbor Freight❤️
My kids are in the medical field and I and they really appreciate your donations.
Being that schools are closed, so SLC cant donate meals they claim to donate, maybe they can use the same 10 cents toward donating N95 masks to Hospitals. PLEASE 🙏🏻
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Vicky

QUICKLY Look at my last post in the They did it again thread or hand sanitizing wipes.

If I get kicked off the forum, tell the Tribe why.

JQ

Much later--

PS No longer on the They did it again! thread-
2 x