Thursday (3/26) coffee ☕☕☕

Blossom

Re: Thursday (3/26) coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Glad everyone is doing well today, thankful for the good things you report. I have had a tension, or possibly allergy/sinus, headache most of day so not too chipper. I must report that our cases in state are up to 517 now. News reported that our schools will NOT be reopening, classes will be done through mail or online. This refers to K-12. Bham has done the right thing and taken bull by horns shutting everything possible down. Madison County may be to follow. Our cases are now up to 6 in our county. Our Gov Goober made speech following someone else's that we are not NY, LA or Cali, etc, etc, mirroring certain things, but now people are taking charge of worse areas, and I think because after Goober's speech people began disregarding everything and spread is jumping like wildfire, maybe they will be forced to do the right thing. I am praying hard over all this. God knows what He is doing, am trusting Him.

Gypsy, u asked for stories, here's one for u. When I was little my brother came to the house for visit and I was hula hooping in the front yard. When my brother got out of his truck in driveway, I let hula hoop fall to the ground and part of it happened to land in small clump of dog poo I hadn't noticed. My brother, who was always on the lookout to aggravate me, saw this and said "Ha ha ha, u got your hula hoop in dog (and then he spelled next word instead of saying it) s-h-I-t." I started crying and ran inside to mom, but I got what he said backwards, instead saying "momma my hula hoop landed in d-o-g shi!" Well brother witnessed this and laughed his but off, saying u spelled out the wrong word.
Another childhood story is one time I was visiting with aunt and uncle who had a farm, and they caught me running out the front door with uncle toothebrush, they said I told them "but I have to brush the horse's teeth, he needs it."

Okay, sorry, that's all I could think of right now. Will try to do better. Blessings to u all. -Love, Rolltide
Oh brother!
My brother (only sibling) was 14 months older. He did his usual picking on 'Sissy' (yep, I was a Sissy too Gypsy & JQ). He & I were pretty close during our teen years. Then, well ya know, stuff happens. He passed in 2013. He was actually the one who gave me my nickname 'Blossom'. No one else called me that but him...until this forum.
4 x

Blossom

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I am really surprised and disappointed by all the reports that are out there about some people that refuse to follow guidelines and shelter in place and social distance themselves. The massive amount college age kids that seem to have no regard for anyone other than themselves is disheartening. We all need to take care of our selves and our families but I think right now we need to be extra aware and more considerate of others. I would hate to think that my actions would endanger someone else. The same goes for someone out there endangering me or my family. EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE CARE -Gypsy
I just read a news article about a man who when asked to adhere to the "6 foot distance rule" by an employee at a grocery store, instead coughed on the woman, laughed and said: "I have the coronavirus." He's been arrested for "Terrorist Threats" and "Harassment" and faces jail time and a fine.

What an idiot! You should see his mugshot. He's smirking.
😠 😡 😠

Here it is:

March 25, 2020, 4:45 AM PDT
By Ben Kesslen

"A New Jersey man was charged with harassment and making terroristic threats after allegedly purposely coughing on a Wegmans grocery store employee and saying he had coronavirus.

"George Falcone, 50, of Freehold, in the southern part of the state, was charged Tuesday by the New Jersey attorney general for allegedly making the threats on Sunday in a Wegmans supermarket in Manalapan.

Falcone was standing close to an employee near the store's prepared food section when the worker asked him to move back, the state attorney general said in a statement.

Instead, Falcone stepped closer to her, leaned in and coughed, the statement said. He laughed, telling the woman he was infected with coronavirus and also telling two other employees they are "lucky" to have jobs.

State Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said spreading fear is unacceptable during this emergency.

“These are extremely difficult times in which all of us are called upon to be considerate of each other— not to engage in intimidation and spread fear, as alleged in this case,” Grewal said in the statement. "We must do everything we can to deter this type of conduct and any similar conduct that harms others during this emergency."

The third-degree terrorism charge carries a sentence of three to five years in state prison, and the harassment charge a sentence of up to six months. Falcone was also charged with obstructing administration of law in the fourth degree, which carries a sentence of up to 18 months."

I hope they throw the book at him! RS would have used her pepper spray on that idiot!
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

They actually need to put this a $$hole in jail for the full term. Somehow, someway.law enforcement and judges need to put their pansy a $$ foot down and make believers out of stupid people. I know people are stressed.. but that's no reason to not use common sense. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU. Those idiots are endangering other people's lives. As far as I have seen... government officials are not speaking in a foreign language. So there is nothing to misunderstand. Shelter in place. Use social distancing. Follow curfews etc. Seems simple enough to understand. Karma needs to be working overtime for sure. :roll: [/color]
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Blossom, just reading your post, i could hear your
voice, with a soft lilt.
(((hug)))
3 x

Blossom

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom, just reading your post, i could hear your
voice, with a soft lilt.
(((hug)))
@honey
You are very perceptive...thank you for the ((hug))💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

I love the story about your name. Makes it even more special that it came from your bro.

@Catticus

By golly I guess some people get what is coming to them. They are letting the crooks here out of jail in unprecedented numbers to thin out the prison population, and then not even arresting child abusers, stalkers and wife beaters, as those are considered gross misdemeanors. I am not suggesting vigilante justice but back in the day the neighborhood would take care of those kind of problems.
5 x

JewelryQueen

The Dreaded Washington State Update:

The Dept of Health keeps crashing and it is later and later in the day until it comes back up to post statistics.

147 people have lost their lives here. 3,198 have been confirmed with Covid19

On the bright side two sweet little old ladies from the Life Care Center (ironic name, eh?) have recovered. Not enough but all lives matter. A 90 year old woman has also recovered. She did not come from that nursing home.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
The Dreaded Washington State Update:

The Dept of Health keeps crashing and it is later and later in the day until it comes back up to post statistics.

147 people have lot their lives here. 3,198 have been confirmed with Covid19

On the bright side two sweet little old ladies from the Life Care Center (ironic name, eh?) have recovered. Not enough but all lives matter. A 90 year old woman has also recovered. She did not come from that nursing home.
Those sweet ladies are a ray of hope💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

@Blossom

Indeed they are!!! Lightens my heart.
3 x