Store hours for shopping for food

JewelryQueen

Re: Store hours for shopping for food

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@honey

Thanks for the thoughtful tip, but I believe my son is bringing me a ham.(better check!) His pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving was made from a pumpkin he grew with the cream for the whipped topping from his neighbors cow. That's just sorta how he rolls. I have a feeling his neighbor might well be missing a pig. I generally like hams butchered and hung in the late Autumn but...I won't complain!

PS Since your name is honey I'll share with you that he usually has hives as well. His honey was the best. (except for you of course) Unfortunately his last colony got a weird mosaic virus--see we people are not the only ones-- and it destroyed his hives.
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@honey

Thanks for the thoughtful tip, but I believe my son is bringing me a ham.(better check!) His pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving was made from a pumpkin he grew with the cream for the whipped topping from his neighbors cow. That's just sorta how he rolls. I have a feeling his neighbor might well be missing a pig. I generally like hams butchered and hung in the late Autumn but...I won't complain!

PS Since your name is honey I'll share with you that he usually has hives as well. His honey was the best. (except for you of course) Unfortunately his last colony got a weird mosaic virus--see we people are not the only ones-- and it destroyed his hives.
I love to keep the Holidays special, I fully understand seeking
the very best of everything we could ever be blessed with for
the holidays. Maybe not a lot, but the best. I'd be WOWED with
your son's pumpkin pie!!!
I kept bees for a couple of years - was a real chore just giving
names to all the worker bees. Local honey is the best thing for
us. It's sad that your son had a loss, I will hope that he starts
up again. It's a good hobby.
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

JewelryQueen

@honey

You are so sweet! (been just dying to say that gem)

I believe you were referring to my son. My only brother has been in heaven for almost 40 years now. Details, details and not a problem. And actually my son is a lot like my brother. Not in looks but in interests, hobbies, sense of humor and even body mannerisms.

One time my son's company was having a formal Christmas shindig at the country club and his boss insisted everyone dress formally. So my son went in a pink satin dress with elbow length gloves and a pink bow in his hair. Where he found the size 13 pink shoes I never did find out.

My brother was a teenager and did not get along with the local policeman. So he built an exact replica of one of the benches in the park. Took it to the park and laid down on it to wait. His buddy had gone with him and when the cop drove by the each grabbed an end and ran off. Naturally the policeman pursued them and when he caught up accused them of stealing. My brother retorted "I knew you were dumb but I thought you could count to 5". Sure enough there were still the original 4 benches in the park and brother's made 5.
3 x

honey

@JewelryQueen
forgive me, i went back and read your original post,
i must have gotten a one track mind. Though these
two special guys are always in your thoughts, i must
have made you recall a couple of good stories.
rest in peace brother.
you gotta love your son and look forward to his
company. :) anddddd he's lucky to have you for
his mom!
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--

Sad to say I must decline your nice offer. Orders from above. (The Governor- not God). But...

For Easter I will be preparing a ham with honey and clove glaze, so I'll think of you when we say grace.
if you have a favorite place to get your
ham or planning to pick one up at the
market - do it early. i don't know if we
will be permitted to shop or if there
will even be a mad house at the market.
I would bet that stacks of hams will just
disappear.

k? everybody......get yer Easter Hams early!
candy shops are even having a tuff time filling
and keeping up with chocolates. you would not
want your Easter Basket without a chocolate
bunny.

Catt.....get on the internet for See's! :lol:

will be hoping that everybody has a blessed
Easter!
😂🤣😂

I would have normally, but after buying necessary items from "A" (soaps, Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, disinfectant soaps, Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, trash bag liners, Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, OTC allergy meds, etc. Oh, and and Hershey's Chocolate Kisses) I will eat my Hershey's Chocolate, rather than pay for See's AND their S/H costs. Phew! Have they gone up in price!
2 x

JewelryQueen

--

Hey there Kit Catt, glad to see you're here!! Been missing you. Seems I have been missing my chocolate too, as today I have had 3 cups of hot chocolate and 5 of the chocolate chip cookies I made. Not quite enough light brown sugar in them so I may have to make another batch. Or maybe the sugar is right and I just want more. Hmmmm.....gotta think on that.

Honey! No worries. All my memories of my brother are good ones. The only time I get blue about that now is on his birthday. And I ADORE my son. He has such a good heart, is scary smart and is so true to himself. Seems like it gets harder and harder to find an authentic person anymore.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

honey

Hey Catt, I live in Pennsylvania!!! Maybe 6 hours from
Hershey, (that's besides the point.) Did ya ever put a
Hershey Kiss in each cheek and sip a hot coffee???
I thought not!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love 'em tooo.
and you are sweet!
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Hey Catt, I live in Pennsylvania!!! Maybe 6 hours from
Hershey, (that's besides the point.) Did ya ever put a
Hershey Kiss in each cheek and sip a hot coffee???
I thought not!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love 'em tooo.
and you are sweet!
No! Ha! Ha!

But I LOVE coffee ice cream with Hershey's Kisses in it! I LOVE the smell and taste of coffee, but I don't really like hot drinks. Love coffee frappuccinos, though!
😋
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Back when hubs and I drove truck... we picked up loads twice at the Hershey plant in Hershey, Pennsylvania. I am 99.9% sure we were hauling Hershey's Kisses. Let me just tell you.... when we pulled in.... I seriously thought that I had died and gone to chocolate heaven. Oh the smell was intoxicating. After we had been there for a couple of hours.... that chocolate smell was so nauseating that I upchucked a couple of times. I hold my hand up and swear to all that is holy.... it took me at least 2 years before I even though about eating chocolate. We also hauled chocolate from the company that has the liquid chocolate packets that they put in brownie mixes like Betty Crocker. Brownies USED to be my favorite dessert.... NOT ANYMORE.!!!!!! I do eat chocolate every once in a blue moon now, or should I say every 3rd blue moon........ but you all enjoy. :lol:
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Another couple of food items we pulled out..... garlic herb croutons and yeast rolls......... to this day, I can't stand to be around either smell without getting nauseated. Sad isn't it. I used to love yeast rolls. The tasty memory is still in my head..... but if I get around them I get physically sick from the memory of the smell at the plant we picked them up from. :cry:
2 x