Sunday (3/29).Coffee ☕☕☕

JewelryQueen

Re: Sunday (3/29).Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

Is this a skin condition we are talking about with the allergies? If so, for some reason small dogs tend to have a poultry allergy that transfers into skin irritation and even hair loss. Make sure the dogfood has no chicken, chicken by-products, or bone meal in it. You may have to make homemade dog food with a beef, rice, and boiled carrot base with a TINY bit of butter. It takes a while for a diet change to show results. Also omega-3 can VERY RARELY make this condition worse, not better.

I probably need to know more to be of any real help, especially with the seizures. My shingle goes up Monday!

@Gypsy

You need to be very careful with cortizone creams on dogs, or cats for that matter, as they tend to lick off topical medicines and this one can go straight to the brain and make them whackadoodle agressive and cranky. It can have wonderful results for short term use if you can keep it covered to keep this from occurring. However do not apply if the skin is broken or VERY red as it may get absorbed directly into the bloodstream and cause the whackadoodle effect even faster. My shingle goes up Monday in your state too!
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
Are you ok ?? I dont have to tell you to splint it. Last time I used 2 popsicle sticks and tape. It really helped the pain threshold

I hope Sissy appreciates having you take care of her.
You are truly her ANGEL - BUT, you need to first take care of NUMBER #1 “YOURSELF”
I am glad that you were able to go out to do things without being stopped.

Love and hugs🥰
Vicky
6 x

JewelryQueen

@honey

Was it you that asked bout the benadryl? The dosage would depend on the weight of the pet. It works fairly quickly for the allergy symptoms, even although it doesn't fix the cause. Sometimes we just can't find the cause-- and since the only real side effect of long term use seems to be Alzheimers I think you are pretty safe using it. (I mean just how many 70 yr old dogs do you know?) LMAO

@Vicky

Yep, I happened to have some tongue depressors and used those (although I have used popsicle sticks before-- and the best part is you get two treats too!)

If the police stop us my story is we're going to the grocery store. Who is to say I don't shop at a store 25 miles away?
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Washington State Covid19 Update

NO UPDATE AGAIN as the Dept of Health website crashed once AGAIN.

On a personal note Sissy had a bout of projectile vomiting today. What a mess for me to clean!! She also rolled up the car window on my right hand ring finger but I do not think it is broken. We were once again not stopped for the Stay at Home Order so we must be flying under the radar. Wish us continued luck!
Poor Sissy, I hope she feels better soon & ouchie for your finger, hope it feels better soon & isn't broken. You got a double whammy!

Wishing you & Sissy the best of luck in avoiding detection! I'm so glad you & she have each other! Jury still out on Mike because he goes anywhere & insists on being around too many others. Bad Mike!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Washington state Covid19 Update of non-Update

It appears that before the state website crashed the figures as of SOMETIME on Sunday were as follows:

195 dead---4,876 confirmed cases

May our Dear Lord have mercy on us
1 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@honey

Was it you that asked bout the benadryl? The dosage would depend on the weight of the pet. It works fairly quickly for the allergy symptoms, even although it doesn't fix the cause. Sometimes we just can't find the cause-- and since the only real side effect of long term use seems to be Alzheimers I think you are pretty safe using it. (I mean just how many 70 yr old dogs do you know?) LMAO

@Vicky

Yep, I happened to have some tongue depressors and used those (although I have used popsicle sticks before-- and the best part is you get two treats too!)

If the police stop us my story is we're going to the grocery store. Who is to say I don't shop at a store 25 miles away?
:lol: JQ, Thank you for your reply about the benedryl for pets. Yes
provides relief.

Do your remember Lilly Tomlin on Laugh In, late 60's? She was the
telephone operator. "One ringy dingy, two ringy dingys." She used
to crack me up, she was so cute.

Catt mentioned you this morning and says she misses you.

Love and Prayers, honey
2 x

JewelryQueen

@honey

Who can forget Ms Tomlin in that role? If she is calling me she better do more than two ringy dingys as I don't ever carry my cell phone on me and by the time I hobble to my purse the caller is often gone.

Tell Catt "Hi" for me. Is she not posting here anymore? I went to our favorite restaurant but couldn't get in. Not even take out for me. What a shame as I had some pressing news for her. I'll have a word or two with them about that.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Covid19 updated update for Sunday 3/29/20 for WA State

Apparently they found 6 more dead bodies that they didn't know about as the revised total of dead for yesterday now 201 instead of 195. Just trying to keep this chronicle accurate. How do you not count or lose bodies?!? Oh, I know--computer glitch.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@honey

Who can forget Ms Tomlin in that role? If she is calling me she better do more than two ringy dingys as I don't ever carry my cell phone on me and by the time I hobble to my purse the caller is often gone.

Tell Catt "Hi" for me. Is she not posting here anymore? I went to our favorite restaurant but couldn't get in. Not even take out for me. What a shame as I had some pressing news for her. I'll have a word or two with them about that.
Sister...why couldn’t you get in the restaurant? It’s open I know.
2 x

JewelryQueen

@RS

The restaurant wanted to confirm my takeout order by email before giving me my meal and I got no email from them.

But the previous restaurant we frequented had the cutest picture of Hawkins in the lobby!
3 x