Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

@Margaret
Dont fret we all have fur babies we love.....I wish I had sage advice to help your kitty.....I've got to go looking for a sulphur medicine for Saber but have to wait till Wednesday to do it, am using neosporin for now as it's all I had on hand. All advice.....good or bad FREE of charge 🥰🥰🥰🥰 take.care -Gypsy
Gypsy,
What's happened to Saber? If you want to share...
Allerigic reaction to flea medicine had been hiding under bed and when he finally.came out he has pulled and licked almost all the hair off his hind legs. Medication was labeled as all natural with no chemicals. I sent picture of him this morning to manufacturer of the flea med. 😡
Poor Saber, I feel bad for him & I know it's scary for you.

I know you didn't use this but...several years ago, my neighbor had 2 cats. One was sick so she took the healthy cat to the vet...yep you read that right! The vet put Revolution on healthy cat for ear mites. When she got him home he was partially paralyzed. She called the vet, told him & he said bring him back. She thought, No Way, she took him to another vet to have him put down & went back home. A few days later, the second vet called & told her to come pick up her cat. She was thinking it had been put down but the vet washed Revolution off, kept watchful eye on him & he got better. Let me add, this cat's reaction was not typical.

Don't know how your flea stuff was applied. Only telling that story in case giving Saber a bath might help him. Please keep us posted. Hope he feels better soon.💞
2 x

Gypsy

Re: Sunday (3/29).Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy

Just because something is natural does not mean your precious kitty won´t be allergic to it. The herbal sprays that cause the most allergies in cats contain geranium, lavender, or eucalyptus oils. I have even seen pennyroyal oil recommended, and it can not only cause allergic reactions== it can also cause seizures in cats or even kill them!

I recommend a couple of drops of lemongrass, rosemary, or tea tree oil in a small spray bottle. Some people use peppermint or cedarwood oil but I find these sometimes repel the cats as well as the fleas, because they don´t like the smell. Wondercide makes a spray for sale on the big river but it is a bit pricey. Whether you buy or make your own it may be wise to spray on a hand towel and then rub into the fur, as the sound of a spray bottle can be offputting to cats. Try a little on one leg first, as animals can be allergic to anything just like us. Good luck!!
JQ and Gypsy.......Maybe Opatra will work on Saber's hind legs!!! :lol:
Selling Now, Lowest Price ever! Okay, please forgive me, I'm and idiot.
silly honey......but his legs and hind end are really bad , gave him oatmeal bath to.soothe his skin gonna go tomorrow and find what I need. Read my response to JQ . If I could post picture you wouldnt believe it 🥺🥺 I've got to find the creme that I've used before.
1 x

Blossom

@Angelflutter?
I know a few of us had storms last night & you're not that far away. I hope you & everyone are ok💞
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Rolltide

You are 100% correct. All white or mostly white dogs tend to have multiple and severe allergies. My daughter Annaliisa had a pure white German Shepard who had such bad allergies to almost everything that from the time he was a puppy the vet had to space his vaccinations out. Parvo one week. Rabies 2 weeks later, etc. And with flea and tick control products---well let's just say she had to be EXTREMELY careful as he almost died twice. He also surnburned easily (no, I'm not kidding).
4 x

JewelryQueen

@Gypsy

See? I'm not as dumb as I look! LOL Eucalyptus oil not only can cause allergies, but in too high a strength can actually burn the skin. Wallym*rt used to sell aloe juice (unflavored) that you can drink for about $5 a gallon that can be very soothing on skin irritations and be applied as often as desired. You can even dip gauze in it and wrap the legs and just keep wetting the gauze with it when it dries out. It is nice to just have some on hand.

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

If the natural product caused seizures I would just about bet it had pennyroyal in it. There are a couple of other "natural" ingredients that can do this too, but I cannot imagine anyone using them (like foxglove that contains digitalis) as they can cause seizures and even stop the heart. I cannot say enough times that one really need to know what they are doing when fooling around with herbal cures. I am referring to the manufacturing companies--not you. Shame on them!
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy

Just because something is natural does not mean your precious kitty won´t be allergic to it. The herbal sprays that cause the most allergies in cats contain geranium, lavender, or eucalyptus oils. I have even seen pennyroyal oil recommended, and it can not only cause allergic reactions== it can also cause seizures in cats or even kill them!

I recommend a couple of drops of lemongrass, rosemary, or tea tree oil in a small spray bottle. Some people use peppermint or cedarwood oil but I find these sometimes repel the cats as well as the fleas, because they don´t like the smell. Wondercide makes a spray for sale on the big river but it is a bit pricey. Whether you buy or make your own it may be wise to spray on a hand towel and then rub into the fur, as the sound of a spray bottle can be offputting to cats. Try a little on one leg first, as animals can be allergic to anything just like us. Good luck!!
JQ and Gypsy.......Maybe Opatra will work on Saber's hind legs!!! :lol:
Selling Now, Lowest Price ever! Okay, please forgive me, I'm and idiot.
silly honey......but his legs and hind end are really bad , gave him oatmeal bath to.soothe his skin gonna go tomorrow and find what I need. Read my response to JQ . If I could post picture you wouldnt believe it 🥺🥺 I've got to find the creme that I've used before.
....here I go with a third of a caplet (I never take a full dose of anything, besides the point)
ANYWAY, can anyone else weigh in on whether or not a third of a benedryl caplet everyday
would help Saber? Vet told me to give it to my Jack's and it really, really, really worked.
Love ya
1 x

Blossom

My dog must be the exception to the rule. She's a yorkie-poo (I think, adopted from shelter, they weren't sure. She is black & gray with severe allergies that is only helped w/max dose of prednisone & we all know that is only acceptable for short timr. I've tried everything from vet (she's at a loss), OTC anti-histamines omega 3, grain free food & rinsing in chamomile tea after baths. It's become an ongoing battle w/no end in sight. She also has seizures but is not on meds (vet said approx once a month does not suggest meds. She's my special needs girl & I wish I could help her.

@JewelryQueen ..any suggestions?
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

@Gypsy
I’m have no medical background, but when I get hives or a rash from the evergreens while gardening, I rub a dab of cortisone cream and it almost instantly relieves the itch. If you have any cortisone cream, you might try rubbing a little on his itchy area
1 x

JewelryQueen

Washington State Covid19 Update

NO UPDATE AGAIN as the Dept of Health website crashed once AGAIN.

On a personal note Sissy had a bout of projectile vomiting today. What a mess for me to clean!! She also rolled up the car window on my right hand ring finger but I do not think it is broken. We were once again not stopped for the Stay at Home Order so we must be flying under the radar. Wish us continued luck!
7 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy
I’m have no medical background, but when I get hives or a rash from the evergreens while gardening, I rub a dab of cortisone cream and it almost instantly relieves the itch. If you have any cortisone cream, you might try rubbing a little on his itchy area
Yes, Hot4Tener, I see that you stated a
disclaimer about no medical background.
And your advice, cortisone cream is well
meant especially to us humans. When it
comes to our pets I always read the lable
and will never apply anything if there is
a warning....Do not ingest.
I did put tea tree oil on my Jack's tail,
AND then I read the label. She was okay,
mostly because she could not reach back
there, but I never did that again.

My mom used sulfer on our pets, I was