Well...

Blossom

Re: Well...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

Speaking of books to read...
I can't decide if I want to read the western or the spy mystery.

The western starts out w/a whole group of people living in a 'tee pee' for security but not knowing who might show up.

The spy mystery seems interesting but seems to have some difficult codes that I'll have trouble deciphering.

IDK...either one seems to be a slow starter...like me!
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I can so relate about your friend with the big C. Will her mom let you text her back? I'll bet she could really use a good friend like you to talk to right now. I don't enjoy funerals, but I don't know what I would do if someone I am very close to died and I couldn't go to the funeral because of a virus.

How is the farm sale going? Is it on hold with all this nasty business that is going on?

You are one of the reasons I am still hanging on by the nubs of my fingernails to this forum. It may be feeble but it is the only lifeline I have right now. We old poofs need to stick together. Just be "wery wery careful" out there as Elmer Fudd used to say.

@@Hot4TENER

Hello woman of mystery. Afraid your hints won't help as I have tried six ways to Sunday to get into our other water cooler and it just ain't happening.

Yes I do make my own rose oil, and rose water too, to put in my lotions. And I'm telling you it takes a LOT of petals. I have a dwindling supply of dried petals. I used to go to the local funeral home and collect the wreaths and bouquets that families left behind and also to the flower shop for their "one step over the line" flowers . That's out for now.

We do what we have to do as far as venturing out. I wore a scarf (got a zillion of them) wrapped twice around my face, along with sunglasses (I live in WA-the sun don't shine here) and plastic gloves from my hair dying supplies. I looked like quite the fashionable burglar. I wiped my cart from top to bottom twice with wipes (my own as they keep stealing them from the store dispenser) and got some weird looks. So sad--too bad!

Keep in touch toots.
JQ please read closely quoted replied replies from my replies. All your questions has exact answers. Do not stop looking for the answers. REREAD everything even quotes and replies - because the eyes have it. Everyone pay attention so that we can get together! Do NOT pay attention to below. My Avatar is so ironic... don't you think?

at Riddles and puzzle pieces
Nothing ever quite pleases
Trying to find all the reasons
Light your ambitions
Focus on your visions
Yet it all freezes
Life only teases
Time to make revisions

What's it all mean?
Had a full head of steam
Now you lack any moisture
They lied and said life was your oyster
Not how they made it seem

Now you can't make heads or tails
Counting down all the fails
Life seemingly impales
You in the back with a knife
Question the reality of life
Ripping holes in your sails

Putting barriers in your way
Another obstacle another day
Another toll to pay
Head games to play
Solving the puzzle
The booze you guzzle
It also can lead you astray
0 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

The western starts out w/a whole group of people living in a 'tee pee' for security but not knowing who might show up.

The spy mystery seems interesting but seems to have some difficult codes that I'll have trouble deciphering.

@Blossom

It's ALL here .....
And so am I
I'm sorry that we haven't been able to connect I know you are hurting and wish this wasnt happening right now and cant talk real time. Till we do just catch up on your reading with OSOTT shes got a good story for you.
2 x

Blossom

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

@Blossom

It's ALL here .....
And so am I
I'm sorry that we haven't been able to connect I know you are hurting and wish this wasnt happening right now and cant talk real time. Till we do just catch up on your reading with OSOTT shes got a good story for you.
Gypsy,

William Preston has written stuff I 'like' but it's a slow read😛
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
...here I sit. No one here to talk with.

Finally finished a book I've been reading for months. Only 188 pages, not a bad book just not the kind that kept me riveted.

About an American fighter pilot (WW II) who was overseas, had a fiancé back home but falls in love with another who is a WAAF from England. He is torn between the life he has planned back in US after his tour of duty & the girl who captures his heart....

Not my usual type of book, slow read but determined to finish. Glad that's over.

Nothing good on tv. Grateful my satellite provider has generously allowed free viewing for different movie channels at different times. Now I remember why I quit paying for them...there's nothing on.

It's 11:40pm (cst). If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up around 3-4am & there still won't be anything good on tv or anyone here to talk with. Maybe I'll go through what's left of my unread books & pick one that will be better. Ok then....
@Blossom
I don’t have any good books to read right now, but I love a good mystery! I like to take the clues and try to solve it on my own before I get to the end. Remember that about me when you read my posts. Yep, a good mystery book is my GO TO when I’m feeling down and lonely.
@JewelryQueen
On another note, I keep reading posts about Jewelry Queen’s amazing lotions. My WORD! They must be wonderful. I love the smell of roses. I imagine that’s what heaven must smell like. Do you use actual rose petals? Do you PRESS them? Or do you use rose oil? I know we’ve only been FRIENDS for a short while, but someday, somehow, I’d love to try your lotion! Maybe someday you can start a business, or sell your secret recipes to a company and we could all enjoy them. You probably would get rich from the royalties. 🤣. Also, that was a really really nice thing you did buying the lamp for catticus. By her posts you can tell she really loves it! The fact that it’s a touch lamp and doesn’t have to be UNPLUGGED every night makes it really nice for her mom at night. You’re so thoughtful!
I finally ventured out today for the first time in 15 days. I needed groceries and they’re predicting that the next two to three weeks are going to be really bad. I looked like the biggest geek in the world. I had a neoprene like collar that I have from skiing tied high around my nose and mouth and I wore my reading glasses to protect my eyes, and waterproof winter gloves on my hands. I got all I needed but the entire outing was kind of traumatic for me. No one else had any masks or protective gear. Well the store trip is over for now, but I hope to see you there soon.
I know how you feel. The first time I went out in my mask and blue surgical gloves about a couple of weeks ago to Walmart, I felt like a total doofus. No one at Walmart was wearing mask or gloves. Not even the employees. I went again last week..... very few were wearing protection...... staff or customers. But, I did a heck of a shopping trip. I fully stocked my deep freezer, staples, soups........ basically ... . I can go at least a month without needing to buy groceries. With hubs being so sick ( still no clue what's wrong with him ) and mom having COPD and recovering from her stroke..... I am certainly trying my best to limit my outings. The only time ( hopefully ) I will need to go out is to buy milk and coffee creamer. Just picked up a 3 month supply of hubs's meds and mom's meds are sent in the mail. Not that we'll need it, but I filled the gas tanks in our cars and the van. So now we are all hunkered down to ride out what is to come. I hope everyone is doing okay. I miss everyone so much. I HATE what ShopLC is doing with the forum. At a time when people need each other, they want to play dirty pool. Way to go. I am still sending my prayers up for everyone and think of you all daily. I will be checking in occasionally until they get this forum censorship under control. Right now I am so frustrated with the situation.will they post this? Who knows... Angelflutter
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Angelflutter

We've all missed you too. Please read this thread again ❣❣❣❣❣And the check out OSOTTs post to Vicky, Gem Lover..........its a great song 💕💕-Gypsy
1 x

Blossom

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
...here I sit. No one here to talk with.

Finally finished a book I've been reading for months. Only 188 pages, not a bad book just not the kind that kept me riveted.

About an American fighter pilot (WW II) who was overseas, had a fiancé back home but falls in love with another who is a WAAF from England. He is torn between the life he has planned back in US after his tour of duty & the girl who captures his heart....

Not my usual type of book, slow read but determined to finish. Glad that's over.

Nothing good on tv. Grateful my satellite provider has generously allowed free viewing for different movie channels at different times. Now I remember why I quit paying for them...there's nothing on.

It's 11:40pm (cst). If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up around 3-4am & there still won't be anything good on tv or anyone here to talk with. Maybe I'll go through what's left of my unread books & pick one that will be better. Ok then....
@Blossom
I don’t have any good books to read right now, but I love a good mystery! I like to take the clues and try to solve it on my own before I get to the end. Remember that about me when you read my posts. Yep, a good mystery book is my GO TO when I’m feeling down and lonely.
@JewelryQueen
On another note, I keep reading posts about Jewelry Queen’s amazing lotions. My WORD! They must be wonderful. I love the smell of roses. I imagine that’s what heaven must smell like. Do you use actual rose petals? Do you PRESS them? Or do you use rose oil? I know we’ve only been FRIENDS for a short while, but someday, somehow, I’d love to try your lotion! Maybe someday you can start a business, or sell your secret recipes to a company and we could all enjoy them. You probably would get rich from the royalties. 🤣. Also, that was a really really nice thing you did buying the lamp for catticus. By her posts you can tell she really loves it! The fact that it’s a touch lamp and doesn’t have to be UNPLUGGED every night makes it really nice for her mom at night. You’re so thoughtful!
I finally ventured out today for the first time in 15 days. I needed groceries and they’re predicting that the next two to three weeks are going to be really bad. I looked like the biggest geek in the world. I had a neoprene like collar that I have from skiing tied high around my nose and mouth and I wore my reading glasses to protect my eyes, and waterproof winter gloves on my hands. I got all I needed but the entire outing was kind of traumatic for me. No one else had any masks or protective gear. Well the store trip is over for now, but I hope to see you there soon.
I know how you feel. The first time I went out in my mask and blue surgical gloves about a couple of weeks ago to Walmart, I felt like a total doofus. No one at Walmart was wearing mask or gloves. Not even the employees. I went again last week..... very few were wearing protection...... staff or customers. But, I did a heck of a shopping trip. I fully stocked my deep freezer, staples, soups........ basically ... . I can go at least a month without needing to buy groceries. With hubs being so sick ( still no clue what's wrong with him ) and mom having COPD and recovering from her stroke..... I am certainly trying my best to limit my outings. The only time ( hopefully ) I will need to go out is to buy milk and coffee creamer. Just picked up a 3 month supply of hubs's meds and mom's meds are sent in the mail. Not that we'll need it, but I filled the gas tanks in our cars and the van. So now we are all hunkered down to ride out what is to come. I hope everyone is doing okay. I miss everyone so much. I HATE what ShopLC is doing with the forum. At a time when people need each other, they want to play dirty pool. Way to go. I am still sending my prayers up for everyone and think of you all daily. I will be checking in occasionally until they get this forum censorship under control. Right now I am so frustrated with the situation.will they post this? Who knows... Angelflutter
Angelflutter,
Glad you wore protection. I haven't up to this point but at the grocery couple days ago, I found out first case in my small town & others tests are pending. Gonna wear protection next time I go.

Hope this thing ends before your supplies run out but unfortunately don't think it'll be over in a month.

Yeah, hard to communicate on this site anymore. I go to other sites to pass the time because we're all 'friendsunplugged' & we're all 'wordpress' & hard pressed for words but it is what it is. Please keep checking in & if you do FB, maybe we can catch up there?

Love ((hugs)) & prayers to you & your hubs, mom & 15lb sausage w/legs💞
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I can so relate about your friend with the big C. Will her mom let you text her back? I'll bet she could really use a good friend like you to talk to right now. I don't enjoy funerals, but I don't know what I would do if someone I am very close to died and I couldn't go to the funeral because of a virus.

How is the farm sale going? Is it on hold with all this nasty business that is going on?

You are one of the reasons I am still hanging on by the nubs of my fingernails to this forum. It may be feeble but it is the only lifeline I have right now. We old poofs need to stick together. Just be "wery wery careful" out there as Elmer Fudd used to say.

@@Hot4TENER

Hello woman of mystery. Afraid your hints won't help as I have tried six ways to Sunday to get into our other water cooler and it just ain't happening.

Yes I do make my own rose oil, and rose water too, to put in my lotions. And I'm telling you it takes a LOT of petals. I have a dwindling supply of dried petals. I used to go to the local funeral home and collect the wreaths and bouquets that families left behind and also to the flower shop for their "one step over the line" flowers . That's out for now.

We do what we have to do as far as venturing out. I wore a scarf (got a zillion of them) wrapped twice around my face, along with sunglasses (I live in WA-the sun don't shine here) and plastic gloves from my hair dying supplies. I looked like quite the fashionable burglar. I wiped my cart from top to bottom twice with wipes (my own as they keep stealing them from the store dispenser) and got some weird looks. So sad--too bad!

Keep in touch toots.
JQ please read closely quoted replied replies from my replies. All your questions has exact answers. Do not stop looking for the answers. REREAD everything even quotes and replies - because the eyes have it. Everyone pay attention so that we can get together! Do NOT pay attention to below. My Avatar is so ironic... don't you think?

at Riddles and puzzle pieces
Nothing ever quite pleases
Trying to find all the reasons
Light your ambitions
Focus on your visions
Yet it all freezes
Life only teases
Time to make revisions

What's it all mean?
Had a full head of steam
Now you lack any moisture
They lied and said life was your oyster
Not how they made it seem

Now you can't make heads or tails
Counting down all the fails
Life seemingly impales
You in the back with a knife
Question the reality of life
Ripping holes in your sails

Putting barriers in your way
Another obstacle another day
Another toll to pay
Head games to play
Solving the puzzle
The booze you guzzle
It also can lead you astray
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
@Angelflutter

We've all missed you too. Please read this thread again ❣❣❣❣❣And the check out OSOTTs post to Vicky, Gem Lover..........its a great song 💕💕-Gypsy
Hey, Just where is that Angelflutter911???
That's right.....looking for YOU!!!!
honey
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Dang, I forgot about Facebook. What the heck was the name of our group on there. I just posted once I think and seems like that was eons ago. Please.... someone refresh my memory...... Catch ya over there too .... Angelflutter.
3 x