Well...

Blossom

Re: Well...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@@Hot4TENER

Hello!
Yes, I love a good mystery & like you, I always try to figure out 'who dunnit!'..sometimes I'm right & other times I'm shockingly surprised I had it wrong!

I did read one book several months ago with the characters @Gypsy
mentioned...Eve Dallas & Roarke.

I always look for books at yard sales & flea markets. The local library & hospital lobby also sells books but...not going in there now!

Glad you protected yourself when you got out & was able to get what you & your family needed. I get to go tomorrow & be traumatized. I don't have the protective gear that's needed. Maybe I can improvise too!

Prayers to you & yours & that this devastating time will soon end💞
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@@Hot4TENER

Hello!
Yes, I love a good mystery & like you, I always try to figure out 'who dunnit!'..sometimes I'm right & other times I'm shockingly surprised I had it wrong!

I did read one book several months ago with the characters @Gypsy
mentioned...Eve Dallas & Roarke.

I always look for books at yard sales & flea markets. The local library & hospital lobby also sells books but...not going in there now!

Glad you protected yourself when you got out & was able to get what you & your family needed. I get to go tomorrow & be traumatized. I don't have the protective gear that's needed. Maybe I can improvise too!

Prayers to you & yours & that this devastating time will soon end💞
@Blossom

I love the JD Robb in Death series 💞💞 I just got.#50 Golden in Death ,.haven't started it yet, too much going on cause when I start one of her books.I dont want to put it down 😂 -Gypsy

P.S. since posts getting posted start to slow down to a stop in evenings.....if I dont get chance to post to you again tonight.....just look for me to log in .....I'll be here having ☕ with you till they put the coffee thread up OKAY ????? SEE you in the morning (((HUGS))) 💞💞Remember you're not alone 🥰
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
...here I sit. No one here to talk with.

Finally finished a book I've been reading for months. Only 188 pages, not a bad book just not the kind that kept me riveted.

About an American fighter pilot (WW II) who was overseas, had a fiancé back home but falls in love with another who is a WAAF from England. He is torn between the life he has planned back in US his tour of duty & the girl who captures his heart....

Not my usual type of book, slow read but determined to finish. Glad that's over.

Nothing good on tv. Grateful my satellite provider has generously allowed free viewing for different movie channels at different times. Now I remember why I quit paying for them...there's nothing on.

It's 11:40pm (cst). If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up around 3-4am & there still won't be anything good on tv or anyone here to talk with. Maybe I'll go through what's left of my unread books & pick one that will be better. Ok then....
@Blossom
I don’t have any good books to read right now, but I love a good mystery! I like to take the clues and try to solve it on my own before I get to the end. Remember that about me when you read my posts. Yep, a good mystery book is my GO TO when I’m feeling down and lonely.
@JewelryQueen
On another note I keep reading posts about Jewelry Queen’s amazing lotions. My word! They must be wonderful. I love the smell of roses. I imagine that’s what heaven must smell like. Do you use actual rose petals? Do you press them? Or do you use rose oil? I know we’ve only been friends for a short while, but someday, somehow, I’d love to try your lotion! Maybe someday you can start a business, or sell your secret recipes to a company and we could all enjoy them. You probably would get rich from the royalties. 🤣. Also, that was a really really nice thing you did buying the lamp for catticus. By her posts you can tell she really loves it! The fact that it’s a touch lamp and doesn’t have to be unplugged every night makes it really nice for her mom at night. You’re so thoughtful!
I finally ventured out today for the first time in 15 days. I needed groceries and they’re predicting that the next two to three weeks are going to be really bad. I looked like the biggest geek in the world. I had a neoprene like collar that I have from skiing tied high around my nose and mouth and I wore my reading glasses to protect my eyes, and waterproof winter gloves on my hands. I got all I needed but the entire outing was kind of traumatic for me. No one else had any masks or protective gear. Well the store trip is over for now, but I hope to see you there soon.
I'm getting nervous that this virus is going to be very painful for so many people. I don't know what the future holds but I'm trying hard to keep the faith and trust God for His mercy. I'm praying for the world and everyone here. I wish that things were different. Our State now has 20 in our county alone and over 1,000 in my State. I haven't left the house in awhile. I can't even make arrangements for my mom as you can't have a memorial or a funeral. It's horrifying really. Please, everyone stay safe and sound. Please pay attention. Let's hold each other up and don't give up. Okay?
4 x

Blossom

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Finally finished a book I've been reading for months. Only 188 pages, not a bad book just not the kind that kept me riveted.

About an American fighter pilot (WW II) who was overseas, had a fiancé back home but falls in love with another who is a WAAF from England. He is torn between the life he has planned back in US after his tour of duty & the girl who captures his heart....

Not my usual type of book, slow read but determined to finish. Glad that's over.

Nothing good on tv. Grateful my satellite provider has generously allowed free viewing for different movie channels at different times. Now I remember why I quit paying for them...there's nothing on.

It's 11:40pm (cst). If I go to sleep now, I'll wake up around 3-4am & there still won't be anything good on tv or anyone here to talk with. Maybe I'll go through what's left of my unread books & pick one that will be better. Ok then....
@Blossom
I don’t have any good books to read right now, but I love a good mystery! I like to take the clues and try to solve it on my own before I get to the end. Remember that about me when you read my posts. Yep, a good mystery book is my GO TO when I’m feeling down and lonely.
@JewelryQueen
On another note I keep reading posts about Jewelry Queen’s amazing lotions. My word! They must be wonderful. I love the smell of roses. I imagine that’s what heaven must smell like. Do you use actual rose petals? Do you press them? Or do you use rose oil? I know we’ve only been friends for a short while, but someday, somehow, I’d love to try your lotion! Maybe someday you can start a business, or sell your secret recipes to a company and we could all enjoy them. You probably would get rich from the royalties. 🤣. Also, that was a really really nice thing you did buying the lamp for catticus. By her posts you can tell she really loves it! The fact that it’s a touch lamp and doesn’t have to be unplugged every night makes it really nice for her mom at night. You’re so thoughtful!
I finally ventured out today for the first time in 15 days. I needed groceries and they’re predicting that the next two to three weeks are going to be really bad. I looked like the biggest geek in the world. I had a neoprene like collar that I have from skiing tied high around my nose and mouth and I wore my reading glasses to protect my eyes, and waterproof winter gloves on my hands. I got all I needed but the entire outing was kind of traumatic for me. No one else had any masks or protective gear. Well the store trip is over for now, but I hope to see you there soon.
I'm getting nervous that this virus is going to be very painful for so many people. I don't know what the future holds but I'm trying hard to keep the faith and trust God for His mercy. I'm praying for the world and everyone here. I wish that things were different. Our State now has 20 in our county alone and over 1,000 in my State. I haven't left the house in awhile. I can't even make arrangements for my mom as you can't have a memorial or a funeral. It's horrifying really. Please, everyone stay safe and sound. Please pay attention. Let's hold each other up and don't give up. Okay?
Dearest OSOTT,
I'm so sorry for your loss. The fact that you are unable to say goodbye as we are all used to is heartbreaking. I guess it's the same everywhere...no funerals. This virus has devastated the world & I'm trying to keep the faith too. Things that were good, no longer are.

William Preston is causing me to feel more stressed & lost. Maybe I'll find my way...eventually.

Love & ((hugs)) for you💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

I can so relate about your friend with the big C. Will her mom let you text her back? I'll bet she could really use a good friend like you to talk to right now. I don't enjoy funerals, but I don't know what I would do if someone I am very close to died and I couldn't go to the funeral because of a virus.

How is the farm sale going? Is it on hold with all this nasty business that is going on?

You are one of the reasons I am still hanging on by the nubs of my fingernails to this forum. It may be feeble but it is the only lifeline I have right now. We old poofs need to stick together. Just be "wery wery careful" out there as Elmer Fudd used to say.

@@Hot4TENER

Hello woman of mystery. Afraid your hints won't help as I have tried six ways to Sunday to get into our other water cooler and it just ain't happening.

Yes I do make my own rose oil, and rose water too, to put in my lotions. And I'm telling you it takes a LOT of petals. I have a dwindling supply of dried petals. I used to go to the local funeral home and collect the wreaths and bouquets that families left behind and also to the flower shop for their "one step over the line" flowers . That's out for now.

We do what we have to do as far as venturing out. I wore a scarf (got a zillion of them) wrapped twice around my face, along with sunglasses (I live in WA-the sun don't shine here) and plastic gloves from my hair dying supplies. I looked like quite the fashionable burglar. I wiped my cart from top to bottom twice with wipes (my own as they keep stealing them from the store dispenser) and got some weird looks. So sad--too bad!

Keep in touch toots.
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
You are so funny! I needed a good belly laugh and you provided. “Quite the fashionable burglar” :lol: :lol: :lol: . That was me! Since I’ve not been out for so long, I expected others to look like me.. not a one. No masks. No scarves. No gloves. No goggles. Just me looking like Nanook of the North with only my eyes visible behind my reading glasses. I wasn’t worried about the possible embarrassment of seeing someone I know bcuz they wouldn’t know it was me. Oh and others were NOT keeping the 6 feet rule. If I saw someone headed in my direction, I dove into another aisle. Worked up quite the sweat under all my layers. But I figure I’m good for a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the laugh
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I can so relate about your friend with the big C. Will her mom let you text her back? I'll bet she could really use a good friend like you to talk to right now. I don't enjoy funerals, but I don't know what I would do if someone I am very close to died and I couldn't go to the funeral because of a virus.

How is the farm sale going? Is it on hold with all this nasty business that is going on?

You are one of the reasons I am still hanging on by the nubs of my fingernails to this forum. It may be feeble but it is the only lifeline I have right now. We old poofs need to stick together. Just be "wery wery careful" out there as Elmer Fudd used to say.

@@Hot4TENER

Hello woman of mystery. Afraid your hints won't help as I have tried six ways to Sunday to get into our other water cooler and it just ain't happening.

Yes I do make my own rose oil, and rose water too, to put in my lotions. And I'm telling you it takes a LOT of petals. I have a dwindling supply of dried petals. I used to go to the local funeral home and collect the wreaths and bouquets that families left behind and also to the flower shop for their "one step over the line" flowers . That's out for now.

We do what we have to do as far as venturing out. I wore a scarf (got a zillion of them) wrapped twice around my face, along with sunglasses (I live in WA-the sun don't shine here) and plastic gloves from my hair dying supplies. I looked like quite the fashionable burglar. I wiped my cart from top to bottom twice with wipes (my own as they keep stealing them from the store dispenser) and got some weird looks. So sad--too bad!

Keep in touch toots.
JQ please read closely quoted replied replies from my replies. All your questions has exact answers. Do not stop looking for the answers. REREAD everything even quotes and replies - because the eyes have it. Everyone pay attention so that we can get together! Do NOT pay attention to below.

Riddles and puzzle pieces
Nothing ever quite pleases
Trying to find all the reasons
Light your ambitions
Focus on your visions
Yet it all freezes
Life only teases
Time to make revisions

What's it all mean?
Had a full head of steam
Now you lack any moisture
They lied and said life was your oyster
Not how they made it seem

Now you can't make heads or tails
Counting down all the fails
Life seemingly impales
You in the back with a knife
Question the reality of life
Ripping holes in your sails

Putting barriers in your way
Another obstacle another day
Another toll to pay
Head games to play
Solving the puzzle
The booze you guzzle
It also can lead you astray
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

About an American fighter pilot (WW II) who was overseas, had a fiancé back home but falls in love with another who is a WAAF from England. He is torn between the life he has planned back in US afterhttps://friendsunplugged.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HnnHlTJMOITH8T_npdQxrSrBYJL_m8hdqlSWMj90KdjzERxOdkOBLt-Y his tour of duty & the girl who captures his heart....

@Blossom
@JewelryQueen
On another notehttps://friendsunplugged.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HnnHlTJMOITH8T_npdQxrSrBYJL_m8hdqlSWMj90KdjzERxOdkOBLt-Y I keep reading posts about Jewelry Queen’s amazing lotions. My WORD! They must be wonderful. I love the smell of roses. I imagine that’s what heaven must smell like. Do you use actual rose petals? Do you PRESS them? Or do you use rose oil? I know we’ve only been FRIENDS for a short while, but someday, somehow, I’d love to try your lotion! Maybe someday you can start a business, or sell your secret recipes to a company and we could all enjoy them. You probably would get rich from the royalties. 🤣. Also, that was a really really nice thing you did buying the lamp for catticus. By her posts you can tell she really loves it! The fact that it’s a touch lamp and doesn’t have to be UNPLUGGED every night makes it really nice for her mom at night. You’re so thoughtful!
JQ please read closely quoted replied replies from my replies. All your questions has exact answers. Do not stop looking for the answers. REREAD everything even quotes and replies - because the eyes have it. Everyone pay attention so that we can get together! Do NOT pay attention to below.

Riddles and puzzle pieces
Nothing ever quite pleases
Trying to find all the reasons
Light your ambitions
Focus on your visions
Yet it all freezes
Life only teases
Time to make revisions

What's it all mean?
Had a full head of steam
Now you lack any moisture
They lied and said life was your oyster
Not how they made it seem

Now you can't make heads or tails
Counting down all the fails
Life seemingly impales
You in the back with a knife
Question the reality of life
Ripping holes in your sails

Putting barriers in your way
Another obstacle another day
Another toll to pay
Head games to play
Solving the puzzle
The booze you guzzle
It also can lead you astray
2 x

Blossom

@OtherSideOfTheTracks
You remind me of a song...

In the sweet by & by
We shall meet on...the other side

What? Not the right words? Racking my brain & trying to figure it all out. Getting close (I think) hmmm?
1 x

Blossom

@JewelryQueen

I decided to conveniently forget what my friend's mom told me about not texting. So I did. My friend & I texted for a long time. She is rightfully depressed. We strolled down memory lane & her sense of humor peeked through a few times.
She of course, can't have visitors but I'm so glad I texted & could tell she was too. I feel so helpless as I know everyone who loves her does. When she said 'come talk to me at the cemetery sometimes'....heartbreaking. Wish I could make it all go away for her😥
1 x