BEST DIY Mask-no sewing and no elastic

JewelryQueen

Re: BEST DIY Mask-no sewing and no elastic

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

I get you. My Great Grandmother (who lived with my family most of my life) was a tailor. I was required to learn to sew. Right now my good old Viking machine is in storage. Even if it wasn't, I probably would just hand sew this. I am getting lazy in my old age.
3 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

I should really review my messages before pressing submit.
The way it was worded iam surprised it got posted

.I meant of course he could wear them as a mask. How do I get out of this gracefully.
1 x

Akahobbs

Post by Akahobbs » 4 years ago

Those working on the front lines need the N95 masks & disposable masks as they valiantly fight to save lives worldwide. It's great that we can do our part to make our own masks & masks to donate to our local hospitals & nursing homes. Stay healthy & keep your hopes high. We shall overcome!!
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

I get you. My Great Grandmother (who lived with my family most of my life) was a tailor. I was required to learn to sew. Right now my good old Viking machine is in storage. Even if it wasn't, I probably would just hand sew this. I am getting lazy in my old age.
Great Gran the tailor, I'm impressed! I was only required when I was in home ec class in high school. Didn't find myself drawn to it until years later but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

My sewing machine is gathering dust. Kinda gotta be in the mood, like anything creative. Here's one for you:

Someone stole my mood ring. Not sure how I feel about that!😛
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

I'm going to bookmark this thread cause I'm just about out of the masks that I previously had on hand.
Good info ❣❣ -Gypsy
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--
These work great! I pumped out 8 of them in a hurry. 3 for me, 3 for Sissy and 2 for my best friend. Mike won't wear one. The ones I made are a pukey green, but we are not trying to make a fashion statement here.

Since I don't do laundry every day, or even every other day, I plan to put them in a large metal bowl and then boil water in a pan to pour over them. Let it it sit for 20 minutes to disinfect them and throw in the dryer.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!
3 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--
These work great! I pumped out 8 of them in a hurry. 3 for me, 3 for Sissy and 2 for my best friend. Mike won't wear one. The ones I made are a pukey green, but we are not trying to make a fashion statement here.

Since I don't do laundry every day, or even every other day, I plan to put them in a large metal bowl and then boil water in a pan to pour over them. Let it it sit for 20 minutes to disinfect them and throw in the dryer.

Good luck everyone and stay safe!
@JewelryQueen
You brought back a chilhood memory...

My mom had a large pot she used for boiling our undies! Hopefully she didn't use same one for food! :o
4 x

Blazemom

Post by Blazemom » 4 years ago

@JustaShopper - I was wondering the same thing about shipping on the masks we ordering from ShopLC. I placed my order on 3/31 and it charged to my CC on 4/1. The order usually would have shipped by now but it still only shows Invoiced. I would appreciate if a moderator would jump in and let us know what's going on with those masks. The President is on now saying the CDC is changing the guidelines to say that everyone should now wear a mask when they go out. My homemade masks don't feel very effective. I'm looking forward to getting the ones I ordered. Also, I'm not sure if I"m allowed to say this here, but Etsy has a lot of vendors selling handmade reusable cloth masks. Take care everyone.
1 x

Blossom

@Moderator_Danielle
@Moderator_Preston
Can you provide any update regarding mask shipments?
0 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Moderator_Danielle
@Moderator_Preston
Can you provide any update regarding mask shipments?
Good Evening, Blossom!

Thank you for your inquiry! At this time, we are facing a delay in getting these masks shipped out simply due to the volume of orders for them but we are working diligently to get these filled in a timely manner within our power so to ensure our customers can receive them as soon as possible.
2 x