Thunder the Kitty

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Thunder the Kitty

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I am glad Thunder is better. The hair loss has me a bit stumped. It could be due to stress, and we all know he has probably has been stressed these last few days. It also could be a skin allergy, but since he doesn't wear a collar that wouldn't account for it. :D Ya got me. An infection could be a possible causewww.facebook.com/groups/255790908789614/members/. Once again I am baffled.

Keep in touch, and try not to stress yourself, or your hair might fall out too. Then your Hubs will be in real doo doo. Maybe we can send him with my roomie to a desert island somewhere?

Jewelry Queen :roll: 8-)
5 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Thunder the Kitty

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Aren't you the bold one! Gottcha.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I had a dog that was losing his hair and had hot spots, it turned out he was allergic to the dyes in dog food, the vet told me to by a natural dog food with no dyes (call of the wild) they also make it for cats and as soon as I switched his food the problem cleared up. There are a few different reasons for cat hair loss. Some cats experience skin allergies, which can cause hair loss to occur. Parasites that bring about mange, and fungal issues like ringworm, are also common causes of cat alopecia, especially in younger cats or those with other health issues.

Nervous disorders (e.g., over-grooming) can also cause hair loss in cats. Hormonal imbalances, specifically too much thyroid or increased levels of steroids in the body, may lead to cat hair loss. Another less common factor is heredity. Cat alopecia is common in older cats that are diagnosed with some types of cancer.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I had a dog that was losing his hair and had hot spots, it turned out he was allergic to the dyes in dog food, the vet told me to by a natural dog food with no dyes (call of the wild) they also make it for cats and as soon as I switched his food the problem cleared up. There are a few different reasons for cat hair loss. Some cats experience skin allergies, which can cause hair loss to occur. Parasites that bring about mange, and fungal issues like ringworm, are also common causes of cat alopecia, especially in younger cats or those with other health issues.

Nervous disorders (e.g., over-groominghttps://friendsunplugged.wordpress.com/ )can also cause hair loss in cats. Hormonal imbalances, specifically too much thyroid or increased levels of steroids in the body, may lead to cat hair loss. Another less common factor is heredity. Cat alopecia is common in older cats that are diagnosed with some types of cancer.
Great Info and great post Gem Lover. I wish you would reread it though because it might give you even info that would be most helpful to the cause of helping animals and their diets. Diets are so important for both animals and humans and I'm trying to get back to a more raw diet, which I couldn't do much with my mom - I see a lot of change in my life - pursuits I've been holding off on. Anyway, Gem Lover, it's good to see you again and can't wait to have coffee with your again.
6 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

Thank you ladies for helping me out. I haven't ever meet a more sincer group of women before. These thing don't just happen to everyone. I truly enjoy you guys. I think I must have done something right in my life.
Oh ya back to Thunder the vet left me a message while I was at the pet food store me hair loss can happen after the Depo shot he had on Saturday. Thunder has lost so much weight.
He will never know what an important little kitty he has become. I will give him extra treats from everyone.
I haven't had cats before just dog. Who i found were less complicated. But Iam amazed that both cats come to me when I call them.
I hope to bond with them just as I did with my Husky. He was my partner in crime and he trully stole my heart. Thank you all again for being so compationate and caring. I hope you all feel blessed.
5 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

Also thank you for your suggestions. Let's hope the vet is right about Thunder if not I have a lot of things to try. It could be stress because he was abused in the past. My husband thinks it must have been by a man because he was so scared of him. I think he has finally won him over. You know treats the best way to a males heart and I found out it doesn't matter if he has 2 or 4 legs.
Purŕrr from Thunder.
5 x