Shocked and Saddened

JewelryQueen

Shocked and Saddened

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--

I wasn't going to post this but can no linger keep it inside. This is the major reason I haven't been able to sleep.

Wednesday I went to check on my elderly disabled neighbor Pat. I knocked and called out. I got no answer, but I hadn't expected her to come to the door as she has trouble walking. I opened the door and heard a weak cry. I rushed down to her bedroom where she was laying in bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. She said she was too weak to get out of bed and had been there for a day and a half.(shortly after my last visit) As it was cold, I had my coat on with Clorox wipes in a baggie in a pocket. I got her phone and wiped it down and gave it to her to call her son. The SOB did not answer the phone since it was her number. I got her some water (pretty sure she was dehydrated) and got her meds for her. Then I asked her for the son's number and called it. He answered my phone number. I told him the situation. He said, and I quote "What do you want me to do about it?" I almost dropped my phone! I said "I just thought you might want to know." The A-hole hung up on me!! I told Pat we must have gotten disconnected so as not to break her heart. The next call was to 911. I stayed with her until they came about 2 hrs later. They had what looked like haz mat suits on. I gave them my number but have not heard anything yet.

There now that is off my chest. If I EVER see her son he better run. Run hard. And run fast.
10 x

Gypsy

Re: Shocked and Saddened

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--

I wasn't going to post this but can no linger keep it inside. This is the major reason I haven't been able to sleep.

Wednesday I went to check on my elderly disabled neighbor Pat. I knocked and called out. I got no answer, but I hadn't expected her to come to the door as she has trouble walking. I opened the door and heard a weak cry. I rushed down to her bedroom where she was laying in bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. She said she was too weak to get out of bed and had been there for a day and a half.(shortly after my last visit) As it was cold, I had my coat on with Clorox wipes in a baggie in a pocket. I got her phone and wiped it down and gave it to her to call her son. The SOB did not answer the phone since it was her number. I got her some water (pretty sure she was dehydrated) and got her meds for her. Then I asked her for the son's number and called it. He answered my phone number. I told him the situation. He said, and I quote "What do you want me to do about it?" I almost dropped my phone! I said "I just thought you might want to know." The A-hole hung up on me!! I told Pat we must have gotten disconnected so as not to break her heart. The next call was to 911. I stayed with her until they came about 2 hrs later. They had what looked like haz mat suits on. I gave them my number but have not heard anything yet.

There now that is off my chest. If I EVER see her son he better run. Run hard. And run fast.
unbelievable...I hope and pray she is okay. Yes the hazmat suits are mandatory now for first responders. He sounds like a real piece of work 😢😢 -Gypsy
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

On my God! How can people be like that. You were sent by God JewerlyQueen!I hope she is ok and you too. He will pay. You are an👼
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

I am praying with all my might. The bad part of this is that I think his kids gave it to her since he and his wife "needed a break" and dumped their kids off on her a while back to babysit.

This is the friend I looked in the eye and lied to. She had said she wasn't feeling good and I told her she would be all right. I knew better. I know you will all think I am crazy, but I have a second sense about these things. I close my eyes and think of the person and if a grey mist shows up over their face it is not good news. I know, whoo whoo stuff. But I am almost always right.
7 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

JQ, first I’ll pray that your neighbor comes through whatever is affecting her. Second, I’d be glad to back you up if you run into her son and somehow your hands become wrapped around his throat! Bless you for being caring enough to help her. Stay safe!
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--

That's maddening! JQ, if not for you she would have died alone right there! I know you help many & I may be confused but is this the son who brought you roses for helping another time?

Please let us know when you get updated.

🙏Prayers for Pat
And for JQ🙏
6 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

Luckily you came and assessed the situation. I understand you are shocked and saddened, who wouldn’t? You did the right thing now take a rest and let’s hope you will get good news about her.God bless you.
8 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

JQ......you were God's agent that moment! He sent
you there to be an Angel to Pat. It was in a time of
distress and you knew just what to do!!!
(((hugs))) and prayers that you rest assured that
you did all you could to find care for Pat.
Well done.
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
JQ didnt you work in a hospital like me ?
I saw this kind of family atittude all the time.
The elderly parent becomes a burden, and I believe some kids are just waiting to inherit. I used to go home and cry.
One patient kept on being admitted every few days after she was discharged. I suspected she wasnt taking her diuretics.
Sure enough the pill bottles were barely touched.
I spoke to her. She broke down. She said her kids never call, never come to visit her at home. The only time they come is when she is in the hospital. I was soooo angry 🤬
If you didn’t check up on her, she would have been found dead.

@Gypsy
Both of you are GODS GIFT to our messed up world.
GOD SEES ALL THIS AND WILL REPAY THOSE THAT CARE.
HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE WEEKEND ❤️❤️❤️
That goes for our entire Tribe too 😻🥰vicky
8 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen, I can understand why you have a heavy heart. Poor Pat! I will add her to my prayer list. Try to dwell on the positive. God sent you there to check on her and she’s lucky you did! I’m sorry that you found her in a bad way, but because of your kindness, she is where she needs to be. God bless her and you for helping her
8 x