Friday (4/10) Coffee ☕☕☕

Margaret

Re: Friday (4/10) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

Spooky
I apologize for the following long message. Grab lunch and probally dinner and sit down.
I welcome your help and advice which is badly needed.
I keep reading labels, asking the vets and pet store what food is best.
The treats are kettle craft and greenies.
The kibble is Royal Canine hypoallergenic which iam slowly mixing in with their previous Royal Canine kibble.
They both love wet gravy canned food. I can't get either one to drink water.
I'm probably making Thunder sick by trying different canned food. And just as I find one with no grains or dys first ingredient being fish or meat he wont eat it after a week. The vet sold me hills prescription for gastritis @ 2.50 a can and I probably throw half of them out and go back to his favorite fancy feast in gravy. Do you think fancy feast is ok it is high in protein.
Chaos the 7 month old kitten waits in the shadows for Thunder to walk away and he finishes it off. But now that Thunder has a virus I have to beat Chaos to the dish, replacing it with a fresh dish and throwing out Thunders left overs. I need any suggestions you have. My next step is to go back to the pet store with the kibbles and see if they something simulare in wet food. HELP HELP HELP
1 x

Margaret

@jewelryqueen
Or should I say Dr. Jewelry Queen,
My mother-in was in the exact same situation. She couldn't locate which hospital her good friend was admitted to. Unfortunatly her friend was taken away by the police for causing a disturbance in their building and no one knew what happened to her.
I took matters into my own hands and called the hospitals saying I was her step sister. I finally found her and asked if I could be transferred to the nursing station on the floor she was admitted to. The ward she was admitted to wasn't allowed to have phones in the rooms.
I did get transferred and asked the nurse if she would let Brenda know Margaret was on the phone and would like to speak to her. She said my name and then said "Brenda is right here and would like to speak to you." The mistry was over.
If you send me a list of hospitals I just might be able to locate her.
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
4 years ago
@Spooky my vet recommended Blue Buffalo for my kitty to control urinary issues, though i did end up putting her on Hill's c/d after several relapses. Why don't you like it?
The blue food for pets is full of allergens soy, wheat, potatoes, rats. It’s horrible
food and the co has terrible quality control. There was a huge wave of dead
cats & dogs all traced to the blue food. Plus it’s ridiculously expensive to boot.
I just got my cousins cat switched over to pro pac’s seafood blend. All 4 of mine
love it and their coats are super shiny. It’s like 28$
and full of good foods. Salmon is right at the top. No more throwing up, diarrhea
or scratching their poor skin off. Watch your pets closely. The lack of drinking
can cause pancreatitis and they can die. So good food is important and wash
out their water bowl’s everyday. Fresh water is always key to healthy pets.
I hope I answered some questions
4 x

Margaret

@Jewelry Queen
I'm happy to report Thunder is eating little more, not sneezing as much or throwing up. (knock on wood). Your feeding instructions are working.

On another shopping channel the vender from Poland was presenting the hand carved amber pieces. She explained that it is 1 gentlemen that does all of the carvings. He sits at the café and carves these pieces. He never stops it is like her mother who knits. The pieces were so expensive and sold out. I thought that was it. I was over the moon when I found that shoplc brought back from the Tucson show. I hope shoplc continues to purchase her line of jewelry because they are very elegant and contemporary.

My sister don't even ask about Thunder. You are truly amazing and I appreciate all of your advise. So Dr. JQ all the best to you this Easter weekend.
4 x

Margaret

@Blossom
I'm so glade that Gabe is felling better. God bless his little body and help him fully recover.

I will ask Thunders vet if he has ruled out pancreatitis? He gave me Sulcrate Plus which coats the stomach, and he said he will keep in touch but there aren't any more tests he can run.
I went back to our previous vet Mark who diagnosed my Lab as having congenital heart disease over the phone. This was after she had been under another vets care for 6 weeks and treating her for a bowel infection. When my Husky got sick and refused to get into the truck Mark travelled 40 kms. to our house during his lunch time and in the worst snow storms to check up on how he was doing.
Unfortunately when Thunder got sick they had closed their doors already couldn't take on any new cases. In vain I sent him an email about Thunder and waited outside the clinics in a crowd of people. The vet tech sold be hypoallergenic kibbles and said hopefully they can see him in June.
In light of the fact Spooky is sick I cant stop worrying about her. I know it is out of our control but my prayers are for her too.
2 x

Margaret

@Spooky
You have no idea how happy it made me to see your post today. How are you feeling? You are amazing to be helping us out with our fur babies when here you are not well. You know our prays are with you.

To answerer your question the last kibble Thunder was on "perform Ultra Limited" which was to help avoid pancreatitis. But now I'm mixing it with Royal Canin Hypoallergenic which is probably counter productive. I'm now hoping after Easter weekend that I can find a wet food that is in line with the hypoallergenic dry food. Just before Thunder got sick I introduced a new food from Walmart "Special Kitty" highly ratted on their web sight. I found a can that was damaged and looked gross. I stopped feeding them this food but maybe it was too late.

Is pac's seafood blend a wet cat food? Do you have any suggestions for a healthy cat treats?

The vet asked me if Thunder is urinating OK. (how would I know that). I explained that with the 2 cats it is hard to find out. He does drink some water. Since then Thunder was in for medication for his virus which is causing him to sneeze I asked the vet to make sure Thunder isn't dehydrated.

I don't know if these cats will be able to survive me constantly trying new foods.

Spooky my prayers are for you now. I'm praying that you aren't suffering and a speedy recovery. We are here for you too.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Margaret wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
I'm so glade that Gabe is felling better. God bless his little body and help him fully recover.

I will ask Thunders vet if he has ruled out pancreatitis? He gave me Sulcrate Plus which coats the stomach, and he said he will keep in touch but there aren't any more tests he can run.
I went back to our previous vet Mark who diagnosed my Lab as having congenital heart disease over the phone. This was after she had been under another vets care for 6 weeks and treating her for a bowel infection. When my Husky got sick and refused to get into the truck Mark travelled 40 kms. to our house during his lunch time and in the worst snow storms to check up on how he was doing.
Unfortunately when Thunder got sick they had closed their doors already couldn't take on any new cases. In vain I sent him an email about Thunder and waited outside the clinics in a crowd of people. The vet tech sold be hypoallergenic kibbles and said hopefully they can see him in June.
In light of the fact Spooky is sick I cant stop worrying about her. I know it is out of our control but my prayers are for her too.
Mark sounds like the kind of vet we all wish we had for our furry babies. Hoping for the best for Thunder & you, he's lucky to have you!

Prayers for Spooky🙏
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Margaret

Royal Canin has an excellent line of pet foods. They also have one called Digest (sensitive) for cats that is good but at this point I would avoid any switches for a while. It is available on Chewy.

Three more suggestions.(can't keep a talker down).

1) If your cat is not drinking much water don't mix any dry food in. The all wet food provides much of the moisture he needs and the dry food is counterproductive in this instance. Not as good for his teeth, but for right now the digestion and hydration issues are more important.

2) No treats! (this is harder on you than him right now). Almost all treats are not as nutritional as food and you want any bit he can eat to count towards his nutrition. Once he is eating better an occasional treat is A OK.

3) Make sure his food and water are out of a high traffic area. If you go to the kitchen a lot for example, put them out of the "lane of traffic." Against a far wall or corner might work?

An extra scratch behind an ear from me.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

DVM
(DeVoted Mamasan)!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
3 x

Margaret

@Blossom
Thanks for your kind words. You make me feel safe. I look forward to seeing Mark again. Let's hope no latter than June. Have a great weekend. Prayers for Spooky.
4 x