Ms Pat is no longer with us

Margaret

Re: Ms Pat is no longer with us

Post by Margaret » 3 years ago

Dearest JQ
Im saddened by this news about Pat. You were there for her to the end. I hope we are all deserving of a compationate friend like you.

Under these circumstances I wonder if the buildings manager would allow you to go into Pat's unite with them to find information she might have on her son if they don't have a contact number for him.

Also on Canada 411 web site they allow you to do a reversal lookup on a telephone number.
I can do this for you.

Again God bless you in your plight to help her on her final journey to a peacful resting place.
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Margaret

Thank you for your offer to use the reverse directory. The police here also have access to that.

I did locate Sonny Boy through the public records as I wanted to know exactly which department to directly contact regarding this issue. We have two very small towns plus unincorporated county areas, so there were three different departments to choose from, as it were. I got a courtesy call back that notification was made. I have been keeping an eye out for the notorious Theodore but have seen no sign of him to date. I will be out of town for the next two days so I won't know if he comes then or not. I can see her house from my front step and I have also kept an eye on the trickle of traffic going by my front window, and have seen absolutely no evidence of his being around. (Boy I sound like Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched now). Somehow I think if he could not be bothered to return the hospital's calls, he will not show up here. This is probably a good thing as I am too old to do time in jail.
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

sorry to bother you jewelry queen but the comment about Gladys Kravitz was A good one😂
1 x

Margaret

JewelryQueen
Oh my goodness what you have been through. Thank goodness you preserved and all of you efforts have paid off. I wouldn't have known what to do.

Congratulations for not giving up. There were many complications along the way and you overcame each obsticale You did for Pat what she couldn't do for herself. I'm sure she is looking down at you with sheer admiration for answering her prayers. She knew she was never alone. She had you and must of known you would know exactly what to do.
Do you think her as.... son would let you know where she is being laid to rest if you left a note in her mailbox.

Whell Miss Sleuth you deserve a break over the next couple of days. Enjoy your trip.
4 x

Margaret

@Harlequin
If you don't mind me saying your humor was appreciated and we all need a big smile. Well put.
2 x

JewelryQueen

@Margaret

Well, we don't have mailboxes on our block as we are too close to the Post Office so they don't deliver mail. We all have PO boxes. I can leave a note on Pat's front door, but I have little hope of a response.

Actually giving her a peaceful resting place has been on my mind a lot for the last few days. I am terrified that Sonny Boy will not claim her earthly remains and she will be buried in what I call the paupers cemetery, and with a number and not a name. I researched and if no one claims the body in 30 days that is what happens. I really would not put it past this poor excuse for a son.

I live on a very limited income but was squirreling away money for a trip to the Gem Show in Las Vegas as I have a jewelry resale business. I try to go every few years. We all know that Vegas is not happening... so I then earmarked that money, along with my stimulus check (if I ever get it), to buy a junker car. My sister's health seems to be in a state of decline and I may need to drive both her and myself (she drives now) to wherever we need to go. Now I am considering using this money to pay the reimbursement fees to the county and buying a beautiful urn. The car can wait a bit longer.

I live in a TINY town so I may be able to work something out with the cemetery owners here to provide a resting place for a very deserving woman. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
6 x

Margaret

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you don't mind me saying you have done so much for Pat already. I feel her spirit has gone to heaven already. You gave her a soft place to fall when she really needed it. I believe Pat would say thanks old friend go on with your life. You have done so much already it is time for you to rest and heal through memories. Say goodbye but hold on to the memories. Miss Cratchit.

They say bariels and funerals are for the living not for the one that has passed on already.

Save your money for next years Vagas show where you can celebrate Pat's life by sharing this joyous occasion together in thought.

20 years ago I moved from a city of 5 million to a town of 1,400. I love going to the post office and seeing my neighbors.

I have probably over stepped boundries but iam speaking from the heart.

I wrote a better message earlier and thought I saved it as a draft allowing me to check spelling but it is gone.
So please accept any errors in this message.
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 3 years ago

@JewelryQueen

JQ
You truly are an angel on earth!
I hope you know just how loved you are!💞
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

Margaret wrote:
3 years ago
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you don't mind me saying you have done so much for Pat already. I feel her spirit has gone to heaven already. You gave her a soft place to fall when she really needed it. I believe Pat would say thanks old friend go on with your life. You have done so much already it is time for you to rest and heal through memories. Say goodbye but hold on to the memories. Miss Cratchit.

They say bariels and funerals are for the living not for the one that has passed on already.

Save your money for next years Vagas show where you can celebrate Pat's life by sharing this joyous occasion together in thought.

20 years ago I moved from a city of 5 million to a town of 1,400. I love going to the post office and seeing my neighbors.

I have probably over stepped boundries but iam speaking from the heart.

I wrote a better message earlier and thought I saved it as a draft allowing me to check spelling but it is gone.
So please accept any errors in this message.
@Margaret
wise words indeed Margaret ... (((hugs)))
JQ ... (((hugs)))
5 x

JewelryQueen

@Margaret

I must admit I feel a bit undecided here. Some of the biggest regrets of my life have come about by not following through all the way.

It is my desperate hope that Pat's son will come through for her in death, even though he did not in life. Of course I do not know what all went on between these two previously, and Patricia could be a bit cantankerous as most older disabled people in pain can be---Nonetheless, she was his mom and I must honestly admit that I have an almost uncontrolled anger towards this man.

If I were being totally rational I would apply any monies towards a car. My son would even help me out there if needed but I hate owing money to anyone. He wouldn't require me to pay it back, but it's my nature to consider it a loan. I thank God every day that I have my son and not one like Sonny Boy.

This Pandemic is messing with me as the majority of my income from my jewelry business comes from two local street fairs that take place in June and July. Both have been cancelled. The rest comes from my private clients where I am a bit of a "personal shopper". That source has dried up as well as a lot of expendable income has been eaten up by this horrible economic situation.

I don't know if the Gem show in Vegas next year is "in the cards" (pun intended) but if not, I will try to treat myself to some little get away no matter what else happens. "If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft, and from thy slender store two loaves alone are left...Sell one- and from the dole, buy hyacinths to feed thy soul."

I thank you for your input and please know I very rarely think anyone oversteps any boundary by expressing their opinions--most especially when they are trying to be helpful.
6 x