Masks

Kittycat

Masks

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

They are showing a set of 14 maybe they will get rid of them faster now and we won't be seeing them as often. I sure hope that is the case. You would think everyone that needs them would have them by now. What has it been 6wks. or more since this all began.Many that do work get them from there employer, I do, and the grocery store employees where I shop get a new one every time they come to work one employee told me. And if you are staying home like most should be, you don't need a mask at home.
4 x

Kat

Re: Masks

Post by Kat » 4 years ago

Not true, my husband has been working this whole time and his work doesn't give them out. I got cotton ones for us and family about a month ago. I'm glad I did. Hopefully most people have some now. I agree with you on not seeing masks on air all the time.
4 x

Tammy

Post by Tammy » 4 years ago

My husband is a maintenance worker at a condo here in Fla he works with 3 other guys I have bought mask for them because they don't supply them for my husband your prices are good love seeing the 14 3ply now the one I just received were the bkack ones with the vent Thank You for all your donations to hospitals ect Even here in Fla I have HEART/ Lung problems and can't go out and have looked on the internet your prices are great Thank You Tamera DB Fla
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I ordered the KN95 (white) mask for $6.99..thought it was washable at that price but what I've read online..I'm not so sure.

Anyone get that kind & have you tried washing or disinfecting?
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

I was under the impression it is not washable. The only one that I think has been advertised as washable is the black one. Perhaps it can be sanitized? Don't know.

For the money I chose the black one, I like the valve as I have respiratory problems. It is very slow in getting here, hope I'm not disappointed.
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

k95 masks are non-washable. If you go to a grocery store or somewhere around people it needs thrown away when you get home CDC does not recommend spraying them with any disinfectant. But I could be wrong
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
4 years ago
I was under the impression it is not washable. The only one that I think has been advertised as washable is the black one. Perhaps it can be sanitized? Don't know.

For the money I chose the black one, I like the valve as I have respiratory problems. It is very slow in getting here, hope I'm not disappointed.
@anniebelle,
I saw a host demonstrate how to wash
the black mask. gently. one could poke
a finger thru or tear it. gentle soap,
gentle kneading with finger tips, good
rinse. air dry. do not machine wash.
I have two and have not take out of
pkg yet. ~ take care, honey
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

__

Paper masks cam be sanitized (as long as the have NO metal) by dampening well and putting in the microwave for about 45 seconds, depending on the wattage. Just keep an eye out til it starts to steam. I do this twice. I also do it to the cloth masks I made after washing them. DO NOT use spray like Lysol on them. The sprays have ingredients that can be very harmful that close to your mouth and nose. Those can remain even after drying out so NO!.
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Geez. When I ordered the white KN95 masks I had not seen the black ones w/respirators. If I known the KN95 white ones could not be washed I would NOT have ordered..paid $6.99 + $2.99 s&h + tax..×2 since I ordered one for me & a other for someone else. You'd think a mask that cost the same as the washable black ones could be washed or something!😡
3 x

AngryConsumer

Post by AngryConsumer » 4 years ago

I bought a face mask from these crooks. It was the FIRST and only time. The mask is a true piece of *. Made of super thin, thin foam! They charged me TWICE as well. Scammers!!!!
1 x