Rare red rings

anniebelle

Rare red rings

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

last night they had something I had never heard of -- red zircon! Of course I had to have one. They went so fast i had to take a larger size than preferred. Reminded me of red citrine, do I have one? Well, now I do! This morning they had a red citrine ring for an unbelievable low price. Made waking too early worth it. I don't usually get to see the show in the morning. Our station goes to PBS programming from 8 a.m. To 3:30 p.m.
6 x

Angelflutter

Re: Rare red rings

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Red zircon is not rare. I have it in my class ring from 1974.
5 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 4 years ago

Great buys!!!😊 I love both colors. 😊💗
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Since I lost my old class ring ( to the bottom of a lake ) I just had a new class ring made. I got blue zircon this time. If anyone will be ordering a class ring soon or need to replace theirs... may I suggest Dunham Mfg. I got the vintage style with crest. My ring only cost 153.00. A heck of a lot cheaper than Josten's. ( To order a replacement ring from them was $ 389.00.) My ring from Dunham's is soooo much prettier than my original one. ( From Josten's ) So much like my original, but better. Just thought I'd throw this information out there. Why pay all that $$$ when you don't have too. I've been wearing mine since the day I got it. Might want to say this info for future use if you have a child nearing graduation age. Angelflutter
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Red zircon is not rare. I have it in my class ring from 1974.
You're very lucky, I'm pretty sure both my class rings are mere zirconia, or just plain glass! I recall purchasing them by color, not by sapphire and topaz stones. And everyone's ring sold for the same price, so it's unlikely they were gemstones.
3 x