Telling us to buy without knowing the price

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Telling us to buy without knowing the price

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Karen and Cheryl are hosting now. I was sooo proud of Karen talking about the Niassa Ruby they were selling. She mentioned that it’s FF and said never put it in a sonic cleaner
8 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I don't really understand the purpose of the 'in- between' prices on live-tv. Retail replacement value (start price)...ok. But why do they do all the in-between prices before getting to the actual purchase price? Some of us lose out to others while waiting for the 'final price'

They are pretending to do falling auctions... which means that the price keeps falling until all (or most) of the items are sold. It's a total joke and fabrication with SLC. I've yet to see a single real falling auction with them, even tho they TRY to make it seem like they're doing that. "If I get 15 more callers, I'll reveal a new price." Well, nope, they knew that price going in. The item still doesn't sell. Do they continue to lower the price. Nope, big nope.

In the very early days of JTV, when they were still ACN, they did TRUE falling auctions. I saw diamond rings and loose diamonds drop down to next to nothing. And when Gemporia had a brief period on American television, they also did true falling auctions. I loved it when their president/owner would be doing one, and watching him try not to cringe as he kept lowering and lowering a price. (Meanwhile I kept screaming in my head to viewers to hold off, hold off, let's see how low Steve will go. LOL)

Since SLC doesn't know / understand the concept of falling auctions, they really should just quit doing those intervening prices. It adds nothing to the show (other than waste time while we listen to the hosts chatter between themselves) and it doesn't impress customers at all.
7 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I have heard a couple of the host telling us to just buy before getting to the final price to not miss out, and also saying if we do not like an item we can just gift it to someone where it is not returnable, well I don't know about everyone else but I want to know the price first or close to it, I will not jump in at the beginning unless the start price is low to begin with and because items are final sale I heard a couple say well if you do not like it or it does not fit just gift it to someone or donate it, not everyone has an unlimited bank account for starters and if I do not like it Im not sure I would want to give it to someone I care about, lol and not everyone I know wears the same size as me either.
Agreed.
1). Tell us the darn price, because we need to know it FIRST, then decide to buy or not.
2). We should ALWAYS be able to return it if it isn't what we expect when it arrives. The return shipping fee ensures they don't lose any money.
3 x

Yiayia11

Post by Yiayia11 » 4 years ago

I have to agree with everyone on here, it’s just crazy to jump in at a high price, because that’s the price your bank or credit card is going by.. who wants to charge something for $500 when it’s gonna be like $29!! And then wait till it clears LC to read $29!!
I don’t know if these hosts really realize what’s happening! Stupid!
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Yes, I miss Gemporia ( Rocks TV ). Adored Steve. However, the hosts were so loud and overly energetic that I got worn out just watching them. I USED to love Shop LC. Thought I could not survive (purchase) without them. But I eventually got over no longer having Gempiria....so I can do the same with Shop LC. I have gone back to JTV. Yes, I may be purchasing Bella, but JTV is delivering the joy no longer found at Shop LC. :cry:
3 x