Telling us to buy without knowing the price

Gem Lover

Telling us to buy without knowing the price

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have heard a couple of the host telling us to just buy before getting to the final price to not miss out, and also saying if we do not like an item we can just gift it to someone where it is not returnable, well I don't know about everyone else but I want to know the price first or close to it, I will not jump in at the beginning unless the start price is low to begin with and because items are final sale I heard a couple say well if you do not like it or it does not fit just gift it to someone or donate it, not everyone has an unlimited bank account for starters and if I do not like it Im not sure I would want to give it to someone I care about, lol and not everyone I know wears the same size as me either.
11 x

TC

Re: Telling us to buy without knowing the price

Post by TC » 4 years ago

I have become a little disenfranchised w this clearance
The junk they were throwing at us but the good stuff is not lower than the old event or smackdown price

The good and the bad about the internet is it keeps a record of old pricing and you can look it up

For example that santa fe collar has been 98.00 on the website and was 137.00 tlv

Disappointed- the diehards know the old pricing and know you are not getting a deal
9 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

"...just buy before getting to the final price to not miss out..."

"...if we do not like an item we can just gift it to someone..."

WHAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?! :o :o :o

For a salesperson to say THAT is not only SHAMELESSLY UNACCEPTABLE, it is also TOTALLY and COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL!
😡 😠 😡 😠
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

It’s all about that HARD SELL baby!

I cannot stand when they call something a loss leader. Yes I know what that is but you’re not supposed to tell people that! That too is unprofessional.

That’s a new tack they just started and they should quit.
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
7 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

🥰 😘 🥰

Thank You!
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

The dropping auction format has always confused me. I can understand it if they are just taking orders and the item hasn't been manufactured yet; but, then they couldn't ship it in 2 days could they. They know the final price from the get-go and are just playing a game. It certainly put me off from watching them for quite some time. Who in their right mind is going to place an order without knowing the final price?
8 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I don't really understand the purpose of the 'in- between' prices on live-tv. Retail replacement value (start price)...ok. But why do they do all the in-between prices before getting to the actual purchase price? Some of us lose out to others while waiting for the 'final price'
7 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
The dropping auction format has always confused me. I can understand it if they are just taking orders and the item hasn't been manufactured yet; but, then they couldn't ship it in 2 days could they. They know the final price from the get-go and are just playing a game. It certainly put me off from watching them for quite some time. Who in their right mind is going to place an order without knowing the final price?
People w/$$$$ to burn
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I don't really understand the purpose of the 'in- between' prices on live-tv. Retail replacement value (start price)...ok. But why do they do all the in-between prices before getting to the actual purchase price? Some of us lose out to others while waiting for the 'final price'
If enough pieces actually sell, they will/can stay at a higher price. Of course this doesnt happen on Fridays because we know the price ahead of time. If people jump in before the price drops....pieces sell and they dont have to drop to the lowest authorized price. A win for them.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

They prolong one item for close to an hour. So to know if its worth it, they make us wait almost an hour. All kind of scams from claiming if a certain amt of viewers call, they will drop the price. CMON. Then, the clocks keep on running out, followed by several more clocks. Then often the PRESIDENT calls when all clocks ran out, and gives the REAL final price. One time there were very few viewers, buying, so the PRESIDENT kept on calling to drop the price😆 what was funny about that, was it was shown the day before at the LOWEST price the President gave today🤣 but, from all their new failing changes, the worst are the coupons. They only work with VERY FEW items. Most of the things I was watching, had a coupon attached to them. Last 2 days, none of them had a coupon. The list of items with a coupon was minimal. Gone are the days, when it was fun
7 x